• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Blplab Yes but mdx squisher I Wouldn't recommend! It messes with the normals which in turn messes with the shadow maps. Well try to find a way to make it in 7 mb.
I think you should have the honor to present the works! ;D
Well ok maybe just this once or maybe I should make updates for the terrain?!

The New Terrain
Model test - Cliff rock

210613-albums7012-picture77647.jpg

Level build

210613-albums7012-picture77873.jpg

210613-albums7012-picture77874.jpg

210613-albums7012-picture77875.jpg

210613-albums7012-picture77876.jpg

The actual correct model
The Preves screenshots were just to show that the light system works for the map

210613-albums7012-picture77877.jpg

210613-albums7012-picture77878.jpg

Inspiration from COJ

210613-albums7012-picture77659.jpg

210613-albums7012-picture77660.jpg

210613-albums7012-picture77656.jpg

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey there nice map you have I really enjoy it, could you give ma a link of where I can dowload those destroyed building you used in your map.

Level 16
Thanks and the map is it still in development because thread has not been so active.

Well..

Barely in development I can say.

Most of the systems are complete, I can literally launch anytime after a couple of testing these subjects :
Multiplayer Mode (Versus, Team 2v2, 1v1, FFA)
Nobody has been volunteering for the test.

Anyways,

Considering that it is receiving a new terrain, it will take longer to complete, but that is optional.

We are experimenting about the file sizes, I don't know if the new terrain can fit 8mb limitation yet.

On the other note, I am also considering of dropping the mod, and create a stand-alone game based on it. (Since blizzard will take copyrights of everything (Including Ideas) created in WE, not releasing it might be a good Idea for the stand-alone game)

I am not sure yet what I will be doing.

Level 16
Mercenaries v1.3h

New Zombie : The Morphed
Model : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/infested-zombie-242317/
Description : Mutated to produce high density flesh-tentacle safely in the host's body, extremely heavy despite its looks. When a limb is torn/broken apart, the tentacle will emerge in place.
Features : Slow, Mid-ranged, Heavy (Cannot be knocked back).

Strategy : After the host limbs are destroyed, it will attempt a transformation, during transformation, they are heavily reinforced (Will take lesser damage), but they are immobilized.

It is possible to kill The Morphed without allowing it to transform, there is a 0.2 second window time before it is reinforced. (Either using close-ranged shotgun to kill the body immediately, or shoot it together with an ally.)

During reinforced state, they take only 20% damage from any incoming damages, but their health will carry on. (Reducing its health after it finishes transformation).

After transformation, The Morphed will be slower, but has higher range and a deadly poison.

It takes about 3-4 shots to kill a transformed Morph.

It provides Kill Count & Combo Count during any of its phase.

Normal form provides the same score as a walker,
Transformed & Mid transformation provides High amount of score.

I am thinking to create a Bloated Zombie. (Leave trails of gas, and Explodes poisonous fumes upon death/shot.)

And a new boss, Magnetic Zombie (It brings lightning to the path he crosses. Any supply jet/bomber jet will be destroyed upon contact.)

Need model for both.

Bloated is a big Fat & Bloated zombie, while magnetic zombie is a big sized zombie with many metal rods pierced to him.

Level 16
Cool. I have to put this into my signature.

lol thanks, seems to small for your table though.

Ill make a smaller ver soon.:ogre_datass:

EDIT :

I am planning also on new zombies, such as "The Fallen".

They are ones without legs, so they are well-hidden in sands.

You can see them crawling, or stay inactive in sands, when you get near them, they will immediately grab your legs rendering you immobilized.

There is no models for it currently though.

Last edited:
Level 16
Uploaded Mercenaries 1.3h Fix

--Sound
+++Fixed Morpher transformation sound not playing correctly.

--Gameplay
+++Doubled "The Morpher" transformation form HP, but also doubles its damage taken to 40%. (from 20%)
(This is so that melee attacks and sniper bullets does not kill the unit instantly on first hit,
as it is purposed so that players must take the risk to shoot "Once more" to kill it off during transformation.)
+++Reduces Zombie Count to 40. (from 50)

Too much Zombie count creates unecessary lag when they are too far-away from the players.
While they will be transported to your location when they are not in use anyways. (Automatically by the system)

I don't think there will be more than 50 zombies in one screen or so, so its reduced to 40.

Level 16
Maybe someday.. all zombie mapmakers get together to combine their ideas and make the ultimate zombie map ever made in history xD

I would really love that to happen. :thumbs_up:

Planning on Engineer Profession for Versus mode.

(You will begin with 2 sentry turrets, and a battery)

New Items incoming in the new version. (Currently there lacks items which requires "Batteries", even if the "Liquid Battery" item exist)

New Zombies incoming in the new version. Bloated Zombies

Think its okay to use the flood model for it? xD

Level 16
Updated!

Mercenaries 1.31i P

There are a few unmentioned changes, such as random supply will now include Portable Turret Kits!, Enemies will drop Portable Turret Kits!, and many other small changes.

Changelog v1.3i
--Versus
+++Added Engineer!

Items :
++++Flashlight
++++Liquid Battery
++++Molotov
++++Walker Mine
++++Portable Turret Kit
++++Portable Turret Kit

Strategy :
++++Engineer is adept to setting up defensive areas.
++++Using your tools, you can force/lead enemies to walk into your traps by blocking their routes.
++++It is extremely important to set up your traps in places that is strategic, disabling enemies to
detect your traps, set up mines/turrets behind visible walls to create ambushes.
++++Remember that turrets can shoot even from behind walls.
++++You do not have an Adrenalie Shot and a potential healing items,
directly engaging enemies is extremely dangerous, unless you are sure to win against them.
++++Turrets can easily be taken down by guns.

--Gameplay (General)
+++There is now 15 seconds grace time before the Zombies spawn.
+++Fixed a bug where external spells (Such as carpet bombing & Artillery Strike)
would not free you from zombie grabs when they strike the killing blows.
+++Now mini-bosses will drop a single piece of item. (Bloaters & Morphed)

+++Added Bloaters!

Property :
++++When taking damage, Bloaters spews Disease Cloud at the source of the damage.
++++Bloaters explodes fumes of Disease Clouds a few seconds after its death.
++++Bloaters cannot be knocked back, and has a huge amount of health.
++++Due to the reactive fume explosion, melee attacking bloaters will push you away.

Strategy :
++++Bloaters is naturally slow.
++++Coming into contact with disease cloud will infect you and your nearby allies.
++++Direct contact with Disease cloud slows you down, and deals a huge amount of damage.
++++The more direct is your contact with disease clouds, the higher is the damage dealt.
++++Disease clouds can be destroyed by shooting on it, melee attacks, or using grenades.
(It takes 2 seconds for it to fully disperse however)
++++It is adviseable to keep your distance when and after killing bloaters.
++++Avoid shooting bloaters with a shotgun when you or your allies are nearby (Extremely Lethal)
++++Disease Cloud damage is lethal. (Passes through second chances due to its rapid damage)
++++Disease Clouds is blocked by walls. (Thus, exploding Bloaters on closed room causes deadly effects.)

--Items
+++Added Portable Turret Kit!

Property :
++++Turrets has its own balancing system, it can take damages from time to time without rolling it down.
(Approximately 1/2 hits per 5 seconds or so)
++++Turrets however, will be destroyed if it takes multiple damage in a short duration.
(2 to 4 hits in 5 seconds, depending on the force).
++++When out of bullets, turret will be indicated with a '!' mark on it.
++++Turrets is extremely reliable as a defense force against single targets.
(However, turrets will easily tumble down against multiple targets.)
++++Turrets can detect enemies even at night, indicating them with a red target mark.
++++Turrets is very accurate against slow targets.
++++Turrets last forever, even when it ran out of bullets. (But it will stop marking targets)

Setting up :
++++Turrets are extremely vulnerable during set-up (Requires 6 seconds to set-up.)
++++Turret takes 1 battery to set up.
++++Turrets spawn with 150 bullets.

--Eye Candies
+++End Game Score text are now timed to 6 seconds.

I find bloaters and turrets to be fun, I do hope you guys find the same enjoyable experience as I did with it too :p

Last edited:
Level 16
You know Geki, this map is already so good that you can actually upload this in the map section already. You can receive more feedback, bug reports and support if you put it there.

EDIT:

Update the DL link on the first page!

I wanted to go for a hosted project first before releasing though.

I wanted to make sure its BUGLESS before release,

And fix Versus mode stuffs (Need testers !)

Level 28
I wanted to go for a hosted project first before releasing though.

With the current map contents I believe you can actually bring this to the staff section now.

I wanted to make sure its BUGLESS before release,

That will probably take a few years. *shot*

And fix Versus mode stuffs (Need testers !)

I really love to but I don't have garena. </3

Maybe you can ask Heinvers to test with you. He looks like a guy who have tons of free time to spare anyway.

Level 16
This is awesome, although a bit of a pain when played solo :D

The thing is, I don't really know how should I balance "Single Player" modes.

Reducing Zombies would reduce the total combo, thus, reducing the total score that you can obtain in single player modes.

It also prevents many game-play elements such as body swarming, reducing movement speed of zombies moving in bunches.

I wonder if anyone might have some Idea to improve single player experience.

Providing AI is out of the question though, since the game requires so much micro management.

Level 16
Personally, I don't really like any EXP multiplying stuffs on any games cause I always feel that its unfair for other players but since this is only for a singleplayer then maybe go ahead and do it but I prefer it to be not too much since you already level up quickly anyway.

You are right, I hate it when my brother played 'Easy Mode' on Final Fantasy "Lightning returns", it spoils the game infinitely.

There is no fun in having 4x exp multiplier, and half Costs for casting godlike spells, it removes the risk to everything. which is the main fun of the FF game. xD

Ill think of something by then, something which will not reduce the fun factor of the game, and yet still feel the game is completely fair in any kind of difficulties.

Thank you SoJ :p

Level 28
So.. I'd been playing a few rounds of Mercenary today. Everything is going smoothly until I die and another round starts then I call for Supply and some items landed behind some fence... the problem is I can't pick them up easily (I have to make sure that the item model is not being covered by the fence before I can pick it.) this will prove to be a pain if I call supply in a middle of a battle.

I don't know if this has been reported and you just can't fix it cause I'd been out of the loop for a long while but this is a small problem that can be frustrating if happen on the wrong moment.

About the items, I'll think some today.

Attachments

• Bug Report.jpg
    Bug Report.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 93
Level 16
So.. I'd been playing a few rounds of Mercenary today. Everything is going smoothly until I die and another round starts then I call for Supply and some items landed behind some fence... the problem is I can't pick them up easily (I have to make sure that the item model is not being covered by the fence before I can pick it.) this will prove to be a pain if I call supply in a middle of a battle.

I don't know if this has been reported and you just can't fix it cause I'd been out of the loop for a long while but this is a small problem that can be frustrating if happen on the wrong moment.

About the items, I'll think some today.

It has never been reported before, Thanks for reporting, I think I will need a new Item model, that has a bigger "Collision box" so it will click even beyond walls.

Well, good job :thumbs_up:

Again, thanks for reporting!

Level 16
Looks like it will be delayed for a while.

I got a lot to submit at 6th of may. (Assignments).

So I will be busy.

Preparing Changelog r1.0

Eye Candies -
  • Created a Mini-map preview screen.
    178651-albums5636-picture83595.png
  • Created in-game Thermographic Mini-map.
    178651-albums5636-picture83887.png
  • Fixed some bugs on Floating texts, sometimes adding directional velocity to points.

Gameplay -
  • Created abilities for each job class in versus mode.
  • Eg. Engineer : Item Creation
  • Details soon.
  • Versus mode will now have lesser zombie count (65% zombies of the original vs mode)
Items -
  • Added Storm Armor!
  • Uses 2 Energy, creates a shield that deflects bullet, and knocks attacking units away when active.
  • After 2 seconds, the shield creates an explosion that knocks targets nearby away from the user.
  • Added Decoy Model!
  • Uses 2 Energy, creates a decoy that runs at a target location.
  • Creates a terrible noise, and will attract zombies for 20 seconds.
  • Can stack 2 in a single slot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.