• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'm almost done with the spartan Laser, but that was a very hard wrap. I edited all or almost all of the holes, and flipped all of the faces that were upside down. Half of the model was upside down. I can't fix up more of the wrap, because of the way the model was made.
WIP.png
I shall try to fix the wrap a little bit, but I wont promise that I fixes it.

Edit:
Here is the model and wrap. And I couldn't fix the wrap, but I made some minor changes after that picture.
WIP sword.png
View attachment SpartanLaser.mdx
Path of the texture is
Textures\SpartanLaser.blp

Level 22
I'm almost done with the spartan Laser, but that was a very hard wrap. I edited all or almost all of the holes, and flipped all of the faces that were upside down. Half of the model was upside down. I can't fix up more of the wrap, because of the way the model was made.
View attachment 93821
I shall try to fix the wrap a little bit, but I wont promise that I fixes it.

Edit:
Here is the model and wrap. And I couldn't fix the wrap, but I made some minor changes after that picture.
View attachment 93814
View attachment 93820
Path of the texture is
Textures\SpartanLaser.blp

Lol, sorry my flip face button in my ms3d lodged, so i can't flip faces. In result of bad shading.

Thanks Goolygot, can I make you my honourary 'wrapper' for the Halo UTM? Perfect, I'll get to it right away.

-Peper-, I think I will be making the Brute from the Furbolg model(yes, I know the Hunter is based of it as well). Although the Sasquatch was similar as well, it was just too hard to modify.
Towards the point, I dunno about Superz' activity, so, I'm gonna ask you to pull of a major job; the Wraith tank. Tell me if you're up to it(I think you can do it, but it will take time). If you decide to do it, then don't worry about the texture and anims, and I shall supply you with ref pics.

@Hevenblood: I've already got a progress report on post 10, and the OP shows the current final models and credits list. I'm too lazy to put together something fancy, but if you want to, you can (and I can supply you with all the models I've got).

Level 12
Thanks Goolygot, can I make you my honourary 'wrapper' for the Halo UTM?

Yes you can. And if you need any not complexed model to be animated you can just ask me. By "not complexed" I mean like a living unit, like a human or the model I'm working on. Those needs many bones, but I'm not experienced enough for them. But one model I can animate is the ghost because it only need 1 bone.

@-Peper-: Think twice before you accept. Literally.
1st. 2nd. Ofcourse, you're not gonna make it to the finest detail, I will draw up what the shape should be.

@Goolygot: K, added you up. Due to the fact that Superz ze Man's activity is shaky, I will need you to animate the Ghost model. It should have the same/similar anims of another model(I tried animtransfer, but it didn't transfer). I will post both models in a .zip file. The textured one is the one that needs animating, the untextured ones are the animations I require. Of course, this model is 'uncomplex'.

Last edited:
Level 8
@Ghost. I got good news and bad news. Bad news, my old comp has about 40 viruses (my family computer, who knows what my 2 brothers did with it) Good news, i got a new laptop :D Took a while, but i finally have it and can talk to you guys again whoopee! I downloaded the ghost to animate it, and finally get that thing done.

If i am gonna make the wraith, im gonna have to start again. Lost all my files and MUSIC... WHAT A TRAGETY. I need that for modeling :p

(stupid blue screen of death piece of bologneh!)>:|
Anyway you guys could summerize what has happend while ive been gone?

Level 6
yay your back!!! We Missed you!!
Any way, quite a bit has happened while you were gone. For example, we have the unsc scorpion, the pelican, the odst the marine, the spartan laser, and some other stuff that I cant remember.

Superz, you sonovabeach! You've been gone for ages! Can you resume animating the Ghost now? Nice to see your alive!
We've had loads of progress! All the models have officially been crossed off the UNSC list (we've done the Marine, ODST, Scorpion, Pelican, SPARTAN Laser an Warthog). We've also done some Covenant units, like the Drone(which currently needs a texture). I can send you a full update of all the models I've gotten thus far.

Finally, check out the SPARTAN Laser held by Master Chief.
attachment.php

Strange... the image works for me. I won't upload it, because it isn't high quality enough. It is equal quality wise to Kimberly's weapons, which looks good, but are quite roughly done.

Superz, I want you to frequently post your WIPs(works in progress) of the Ghost's animation, as I don't want the progress to be lost and I want to see what you've come up with so far. I will get Revilo to add in particle emitters.

Which brings me to another topic; Revilo, a modeler, has decided to join the Halo UTM project. He has helped me animate a previous Ghost model. Please welcome him. And now with 3 modellers, the Covenant models will be finished in no time!

Which brings me to another topic again; take a look at my shit ass Brute and Grunt re-skins. The Brute needs a shoot anim and a mohawk + goatie. I don't know if Izanagi is still helping though...

Last edited:
I've gotten Goolygot to add the mohawk and goatie to the Brute. I've posted a thread for an attack anim for the Grunt. Since the Brute, Grunt, Jackal and Ghost only need minor edits and anims, the Wraith is being made by Superz(after he animates the Ghost), and

-Peper-, can you start work on the Phantom? If you can collaborate with Revilo on making the Phantom, that would be awesome. Here's some ref pics:
Here's what the basic shape should be:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Level 8
Lolz Umm... if you really want me to thennnn, ugh?

I didn't think they were that good lol. and zerox is a great modeler. Is he a part of our team or did you find this somewhere else?

Edit: looked at the animation in the war3 model editor, the stand animation looks jerky or something? Should i fix that? And seems like the animations are happening too fast :p Definitely should have reviewed then before posting lol

@Superz: Try the attached.

@Revilo: Cool. I hope that you can collaborate with -Peper- on the making of the Phantom. I found a base model which you can use. All you need to add is the twin engines (the ones on either side with blue lights), a tail fin, and the kinda balcony (the side platforms) just behind the engines. And it may need some small re-shaping. It makes the job easier as it has animations already, and a wrap. The model is here, and it says in the author's sig that you may edit so long as credit is given.
OR you can just freehand the Phantom.

Last edited:
Level 8
nice work revilo! +rep We can now cross the ghost off the list :p

Still no textures or animations on the grunt. I could post a vid on youtube if you want proof r something.. i dont understand... and mangos model editor shows a dark gray model with no shading... wtf

Nice job, Revilo! I would rep you, but I have to spread :(

Superz, I found out the problem. When converting to different formats, the models always lose their bones, anims, and textures. I don't know why. It's ok. I'll find someone who can help. Right now, I'd like you to start work on the Wraith again (now and then posting WIPs as said).

@-Peper-:Whatever you do, DO NOT animate it, as I need Goolygot to wrap it first.

Level 9
Hey GhostThruster, this might be an idiot question, but anyways I'll make it: are you going to make those large space cruisers?

Level 12
@Goolygot: It lost its anims though... can you just like merge the vertices on the animated model without editing the wrap?

I don't know how to edit it with the programs I work with, without loosing the animations. I got one importer that imports animation, but it did only import the death animation. I think you can edit the model in mdlvis, but I don't know how to work with that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.