• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Simple as hell is a very good thing for this type of map... You want simple terrain so that your character doesn't get stuck in an alley or pathing glitch and get owned by a zombie.

that is true but its has a other reason too because of the filesize limit I haven't enough doodad/models in order to create it much better than currently but I think I will improve it in next days a little bit. Anyway thanks for your comments you keep this project alive I wish you a nice day or night keep ready for some other news in the next days.

Level 14
I don't think so, because most of the models are exports from the original mod of HL...

But its not illigal at this point I already said that with the permission picture in the first post... if you don't want to believe it contact the half life 1 paranoia leader buzzer at moddb... he supports this project and I must say that we hardly reworked the models in order they can be used for warcraft 3.

Level 23
And considering that those models had to be modified to fit within Warcraft - not talking of completely reanimating them, which had to be done aswell, I think that this is no reason.

Also considering Grievous1 has the full support of Buzzer, who is the creator of the original models and the fact, that there are several self-made models and things aswell do counter that argument effectively.
Also I can assure you, that the models are not the only feature about this mod as you know, I guess ;)

Level 19
Heh, I wouldn't mind either way though, although being a Hosted Project would allow more people to know about it:)

Level 22
I wasn't saying it is against the rules M0rbid, Grievous1, I was just saying that the amount of meshes you are using that are rips, definitely decreases the wow factor for forum moderators. Plus this game type isn't the most sought after... Though I wouldn't be surprised if it did become a hosted project.

As for knowing about this map Foxy, I think everyone knows about this map. FEG + De.facto + Grievous1 => Win

Level 6
But its not illigal at this point I already said that with the permission picture in the first post... if you don't want to believe it contact the half life 1 paranoia leader buzzer at moddb... he supports this project and I must say that we hardly reworked the models in order they can be used for warcraft 3.

Just some short lesson english:

"hardly reworked" = Just a bit reworked
"reworked hard" = (better) intensly/significantly/greatly reworked

The adverb of hard is a false friend, if you want to express an action, which was made under huge efford, use those terms stated above.

German translation:
hard (adjective) = hart/schwer/heftig
hardly (adverb) = kaum/wenig

Cheers.

Level 19
I'm sure this would be a popular project when it's released, many people I know of already heard of it and are quite excited about it hehe... :)

Level 14
What does this have to do with anything? Are you intentionally trying to cause problems because you have nothing better to do?

I posted the link because people say the gameplay is "Boring" and such, well theres similiar things like it.

Nobody said in this thread that wc3 paranoia is boring because nobody of the followers was able to play it some of them only saw a 2 minute gameplay video which was more than outdated. Like I already said I'm started to create a overhaul which completly redesigns the UI, which makes able to fight against terrorists, which allows the players to fight in a outdoor terrain, which adds more than 5 new weapons and items... I already count 20..., which makes able to talk with npcs, which makes elevators enterable, which brings more than 25 new spawn points in order the players are able to fight against more enemies, which adds a new music theme, which makes slow motion (bullet time) activateable by the players at every time, which bring a new save and load system etc. etc. all in all I think I must say it again wc3 paranoia will be just a little coop campaign nothing lesser and nothing more. I don't think its will be something like the video (the game dead horde) its will be more a paranoia alien swarm with elimination tournament controlls in the paranoia universe. Anyway thanks for your post and I wish you a nice day.

Level 14
We did have some doubts about the gameplay, a few pages back, actually.

Aniria is just trying to support this project.

And I just want to defend any of the followers ofcourse Aniria's point too that is the reason why I said its will dosen't have a gameplay like dead horde and ofcourse I want to defend the project itself ... like I already said controlls of elimination tournament... coop... nothing for everybody... back to the topic now.

Level 23
I would not call it doubts, it was a debate about how such from above shooter can be executed the best.
But it was also very clear that every system has its pros and cons. And this project cannot cope everyones preferable gameplay wishes, because wc3 is just tooo limited.
Also the discussion is rather pointless, because noone of you could yet test the gameplay and see wether it is doubtful, boring or whatsoever.
We, the fusion engineering group, however really appreciate your concerns about the project ( thanks to Aniria for the support here again), it's just, that the gameplay discussion is a little useless.
Like I pointed out, the systems for wc3 that are supported for 4 players are limited and every of those has its pro and cons. Now the system Grievous1 decided to use works fine with the surrounding and I can tell you the gameplay is really interesting and not at all boring.
To sum it up: Grievous can simply not try to cover everyone's liking in shooting system terms, it's just not possible.

Grievous1 tends to consider himself a bad english writer, that causes him to sometimes sound aggressive, which is not his intention at all, as I pointed out above.

Btw, Grievous1, for this part of my post;
Aniria is just trying to support this project.
I was responding to xRiotZx.

I would not call it doubts, it was a debate about how such from above shooter can be executed the best.
Yes I phrased it badly; I meant that we had a discussion a while back.

Level 6
This mod sounds a little too good to be true.

It's Fiction

:D

Oh by too good to be true, i mean, erm.... minus the internet connection, do you think that this game would lag a lot? My com is kind of old..... So you should test it on some old coms.

Why did i say this? I suffer some lag playing Arcadia Rise n Fall. It's not terrible but almost ruin my day. Just saying.

OFFTOPIC: Who listens to K-pop here? Sorry for asking......... Just wondering....

Level 5
okay, i think we can release it ,when the coding process is going on just like now, at least on the 30 August 2011, but i give no guarantee :)

btw. we think we add a survival mode, so you just must kill as many enemys as possible ;)

edit: btw. im back in the team :3

Level 14
okay, i think we can release it ,when the coding process is going on just like now, at least on the 30 August 2011, but i give no guarantee :)

btw. we think we add a survival mode, so you just must kill as many enemys as possible ;)

Welcome back dude :) now I think we are able to finish this together with pkw.

*news coming soon*

pkw

pkw

Level 9

fb_like_button.gif
Epic.

Level 19
I just love how many players support both Valve and Blizzard games, and juggle stuff between them. It really makes it more interesting to see their communities working together (Paranoia, Dota 2) and such, hope to see the two companies somehow being partners someday and yeah, to see this mod being really popular:)

Level 5
lol look at the 2nd last and add this:
pastanq.jpg

++ Love the New Avatars dude!

Haha, that one made my day!

It's great to see so much progress on this project, that's greatly appreciated by me (and other hiveworkshop people for sure). Keep up the good work mates!

Level 5

at least on the 30 August 2011, but i give no guarantee :)

but i give no guarantee :)

no guarantee

Well, I think it's pretty clear, nobody promissed anything as far as I know.
If Im wrong then correct me by giving a quote or a direct link to a post, I'll apologize then.

Status
Not open for further replies.