• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

» Warcraft III - Paranoia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I think he means he'll wait for the time you guys are free to edit this again, I plan to do that too, no matter how long it takes. I wouldn't mind since this is probably one of the best projects I've seen.

Level 14
exactly, between im a she :) .

okay now I understand it... sorry Sorceress. :/ but I think you already know my english language problems. I will release in the next days the first version but don't expect to much please :O. I will show you something new in this thread in 2 days after my birthday party. and I must tell you that I'm currently working alone with the support of the animator pkw (he is the only person where wants to see my projects finish... a big thanks again to him for his time and his great and fast work.)

Level 14
Good news people the user Hanky joined the little warcraft 3 paranoia team as a coder in order to finish it... and I already updated the the hud a little bit now you will able to see the level of a hero here a little picture:

glow%20worms.png

Reactions: pkw
Level 5
This is starting to look like other game. I mean, that's bloody brilliant. Im glad you guys didn't stop working on this project!

Cheers.

Level 14
All of it is a dummy model? How exactly did you manage do make the hp bar change.

And one other question, is there going to be any variation in gameplay from WITD?

ofcourse just watch the old gameplay video of wc3 paranoia :/
wc3 paranoia has a lot more weapons and items and things like a slow motion/bullet time system, a save and load system support and its a little bit faster and better balanced than witd and its more a coop campaign with a background storyline than a simple arena without missions... and don't forget the player AI and the new enemy AI and the improved shooting system all in all its still a mini game so don't expect to much its just because of the shitty file size limit and because I haven't enough time to make it better.

Level 22
Okay. Slow time, bullet system sounds nice. Why I asked, is because I found the major downfall in WITD to be the shooting system, where you had to press the location you wished to fire upon... That slowed gameplay considerably, and resulted in getting killed a lot.

Level 14
Okay. Slow time, bullet system sounds nice. Why I asked, is because I found the major downfall in WITD to be the shooting system, where you had to press the location you wished to fire upon... That slowed gameplay considerably, and resulted in getting killed a lot.

All my shooting projects are just inspired by the famous shooting map called Elimination Tournament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFR5traIXks because its a skill based shooting map where you don't just standing arround and auto attack things but I know this kind of map type/shooting system is nothing for some people. But I still want to finish it maybe a little number of people will like it.

Level 4
I LOVED Elimination Tournament and it pisses me off that now some people camp with the rocket gun and blows everyone.
Oh yeah Griev, hows the progress?

Level 22
All my shooting projects are just inspired by the famous shooting map called Elimination Tournament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFR5traIXks because its a skill based shooting map where you don't just standing arround and auto attack things but I know this kind of map type/shooting system is nothing for some people. But I still want to finish it maybe a little number of people will like it.

Auto-attacking is quite stale, though that's not the point.

Level 14
Yep, agreed with xRiotZx, I don't like the point-n-click shooting system as well.

However, you don't really have much of a choice with shooting systems in Wc3.

like that what I have already said its just a mini game project and I already know that a lot of people will hate it or just don't like it but I have already decided to finish my shit now for the little fanbase where likes coop shooting maps with a tactical/skillbased shooting system like that. :/

Level 14
Fair enough, fair enough. You overreact alot :/ (or maybe I'm reading your emotions wrong)

You just read my emotions wrong but that is just because of my bad english skills... ^^ sorry at this point. I'm just unhappy with every of my projects after a long time of development. I just know its will be more a simple mini game map than something successful where will be played more than one times. I think I make my projects more for myself than for other people. ^^

Level 22
Yeah, I was getting that unfriendly vibe from Griev too, but I assume that's just because his native language isn't English.

As for an entire community looking forward to seeing it finished, that's true, but it was that way with WITD too. Just hope this is better.

And finally, onto the whole "Auto-Aim or Point-N-Click" I prefer the good ol' "Hip-Fire" bullets are fired from the facing angle of the unit, this can make for some inaccuracy though.

@Grievous1: This has already surpassed the limits of a mini-game. And it will be successful.

And finally, onto the whole "Auto-Aim or Point-N-Click" I prefer the good ol' "Hip-Fire" bullets are fired from the facing angle of the unit, this can make for some inaccuracy though.
That, is the worst system for the type of movement system Grievous1 is using (and is probably the hardest to make as well). But it works well with movement systems like in my map.

Level 22
@Grievous1: This has already surpassed the limits of a mini-game. And it will be successful.

That, is the worst system for the type of movement system Grievous1 is using (and is probably the hardest to make as well). But it works well with movement systems like in my map.

It's awful for this map yes, but it's the best firing system over all. And no, it's extremely easy to make.

Dummy Unit for the bullet, immolation for damage.

Level 14
It's awful for this map yes, but it's the best firing system over all. And no, it's extremely easy to make.

Dummy Unit for the bullet, immolation for damage.

its not awful for this map its a tactical mini game map with a tactical skill based shooting system if I will add the normal shooting system in small terrained rooms you will delete this map instant and neg. rep me xD and no I don't use a immolation or any other damage spell for the dummy units its not really professional.

Griev, Ghost, What would you use instead of Immolation...? You could always trigger it but I'd say that's just inefficient.
No, Immolation is the cheap and inefficient way.

First, it cannot be applied to separate units as easily (eg. if you have 2 dummy units with different damage, you must make 2 copies of the ability). Secondly, it is slower. Thirdly, it is not as customizable.

Check this out, and you will forget ever thinking of using a unit with immolation.

Level 15
No, Immolation is the cheap and inefficient way.

First, it cannot be applied to separate units as easily (eg. if you have 2 dummy units with different damage, you must make 2 copies of the ability). Secondly, it is slower. Thirdly, it is not as customizable.

Check this out, and you will forget ever thinking of using a unit with immolation.
Thanks for sharing that. I kind a needed it... :>

Status
Not open for further replies.