• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

★ (6) Mass Destruction ★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power-ups should add effects to your tank, that way people would actually be able to tell what power-ups another player has.
It does. I just haven't activated the invincibility power-up in the screenshot.

Edit: And this is how it looks when activated:

Invincibility.jpg

Power-ups are acquired by running over the following ring-shaped objects:

Instant power-up (Green)
PowerUpImmediate.jpg

Charged power-up (Blue)
PowerUpCharged.jpg

Weapon power-up (Red)
PowerUpWeapon.jpg

(Models hovering above these rings illustrates the power-up's effect)

Instant Power-up: This power-up will take effect immediately when acquired.
Charged Power-up: This one has to be activated by pressing the 'activate power-up' key (S by default). You can only carry one of these at any given time.
Weapon power-up: Simply gives weapons/ammunition to your tank.

it's all his own work.

Also I had an idea Prehaps adding achievments like on Xbox games?
but instead of getting the player gp they could unlock additional things for the player or give them bp.

an example of this could be 'destroy 1.5 tonnes of debris' or 'kill all players yourself in a round'

understandably this feature would take a very long time to add into the game so it's understandable if you wait to a much longer time to add this feature or not add it at all, it's just an idea so it's your choice.

Edit: how long untill a beta is given to the public? i just cannot wait very long :smile:

Second Edit: I was looking at ur model showcase, when it came to the helicopter Game the thought 'where can i get this form?' came into ma head, can u point me ni the right direction plz?

Last edited:
Level 4
Absolutely spectacular. The beta for this can't come soon enough.

Might I suggest increasing the player count to eight or even ten, perhaps? I generally have a large group with me when I play games.

But really, the sooner I can get my hands on this, the better. ^_^

EDIT: The tank in your logo really reminds me of the heavy tank in Battalion Wars. Any relation?

Nice :D
Who gets the kill if you frag someone with ricochet?
The player that originally fired the projectile.

Second Edit: I was looking at ur model showcase, when it came to the helicopter Game the thought 'where can i get this form?' came into ma head, can u point me ni the right direction plz?
The helicopter game (or Modern Warfare: Strike) has been delayed til the Galaxy Editor arrives.

Can we have an update on progress plz? the suspence is litrally killing us!
I've been busy with my 3D Design and Animation school and haven't worked on the map for a couple of weeks..
However, I'll be putting the pre-beta build up for testing sometime this week.

Level 14
Oh my god, gonna play it right now!

EDIT: One word. Godlike.
One thing annoyed me, and that is: Some stupid players won't press the Ready button, so maybe add a kick command or something.

But yeah, when you upload this, it will get DC.

Last edited:
Level 9
found some buggies!
1. when you click options and click on the model button it does not remove the rotating model it simply adds another one so when you spam it it looks like you have a crazy 5 barrelled tank.
2. it does not say Player 1 killed Player 2, it just says Player 1 killed

Other than than great game had lots of fun playing it.

And forgot to tell you that it needs more levels.

That much is odvious :xxd:

But like illidan said it's a test map and the layout 'sucks' but i'm pretty sure more stages is quite a low priority as their is a lack of game modes, tank models and Powerup types and such. witch are in need of greater attention then stages

Level 4
you could have a menu that shows the controls for the tank, camera, etc.
I didn't particularily like the menu music (not my style, sorry)

The options menu is there for a reason, you know. It has settings for SFX and music volume, and you can set the controls, not just read them.

Possibly. Have you tried playing without it?
Actually I turned it off and removed the program, but it didn't re-apply the standard UI correctly, so the borders are missing on menus. Not much I could do about that. (Besides reinstalling which is a pain; and it doesn't bother me that much)

However, when playing it on another computer it works fine, so I'll just presume thats the problem.

Nice map, but some bugs. If you type too long of a message on the menu, it will screw up. (Sorry, but I couldn't get screenshots)

Also, the "*Player* has suicided" and "Player has killed" messages don't work right, it seems to say a player has suicided twice under some circumstances - I'll have to look into the bug more to tell you exactly when it does it.

Level 4
Hey, I have a suggest for a game mode.

Capture the Flag, well, it doesn't exactly have to be a flag but it could be say a power core or something. This map is pretty crazy though, the tactics is very high and the destructable terrain is just crazy. For the next release I suggest creating more levels.

anyways, good map you got going. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.