• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garrisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I would like them to add a lot of solo scenarios to the Garrison so I have to defend my Garrison against Alliance and Iron Horde.

Ok lets put thoughts together here... You que on your chr, with your garrison, and 4 other players, against horde Player using Their garrisons that they made!
It's like WOW's version of a 4v4 Wc3 Map. Destroy all enemy Garrisons to win!

Level 24
Ok lets put thoughts together here... You que on your chr, with your garrison, and 4 other players, against horde Player using Their garrisons that they made!
It's like WOW's version of a 4v4 Wc3 Map. Destroy all enemy Garrisons to win!

Considering that my Garrison will be in the far north-west of Dreanor and the Alliance in the south-east it can be quite difficult unless you want to teleport your entire garrison.

Level 24
I'm not to sure about a 4 v 4 though it is not central to the MMORPG aspect but adding 1 v 1 could be fun. If it picks up a lot of popularity I would be happy to see a 4 v 4 however. But at the moment it feels like they shouldn't put all their energy on a 4 v 4 Garrison war.

Level 16
I'm not to sure about a 4 v 4 though it is not central to the MMORPG aspect but adding 1 v 1 could be fun. If it picks up a lot of popularity I would be happy to see a 4 v 4 however. But at the moment it feels like they shouldn't put all their energy on a 4 v 4 Garrison war.
Fair enough. The idea itself would be interesting. 1v1 though might not as fun, but hey even best RTS games is 1v1 grand masters leagues.

Level 24
It would be interesting yes though I'm wondering how they would make it work with walls. Blizzard has not made any RTS game yet with walls, I hope it's not like Age of Empires where a scout can bash down a gigantic f-ing stone wall with his fists. That would look weird as shit.

Level 24
FUCK I'm stupid as shit! :D You're correct I'm wrong and I was an idiot in this scenario. :D

Though it would be fun seeing your enemy send wave after wave of siege engine on your Garrison. The main reason I don't hope it will happen though is if they make an RTS in WoW why would they make a WarCraft IV? The main reason why I don't believe it will happen though is because they are still developing StarCraft and why would they want to make two games that competed with each other rather than having one dominant one? The people who are currently playing SCII are WCIII and SCI fans so if they added an RTS aspect to WoW they would loose the WCIII fanbase on the SC front. Financially it seems like a stupid move.

Level 24
So we finally got an update of the prize since BlizzCon.

garrisonBlueprints.jpg

We also know that there will be three levels on all the buildings which level amount has been revealed so level 3 building could end up costing 20 000 gold so you better start farming gold. The thing I'm worried about is that the average player wont be able to afford shit. I'm above average so I will probably be able to afford all level 1 buildings and then upgrade almost all of them to level 2 if we assume that they cost 5 000 gold to level 1 and 10 000 to level 2 as it said at BlizzCon. But most of my friends I speak with have less than 10 000 gold so I don't know how much the average player will be able to afford.

Last edited:
Level 16
We also know that there will be three levels on all the buildings which level amount has been revealed so level 3 building could end up costing 20 000 gold so you better start farming gold. The thing I'm worried about is that the average player wont be able to afford shit. I'm above average so I will probably be able to afford all level 1 buildings and then upgrade almost all of them to level 2 if we assume that they cost 5 000 gold to level 1 and 10 000 to level 2 as it said at BlizzCon. But most of my friends I speak with have less than 10 000 gold so I don't know how much the average player will be able to afford.
If most people are like me (hell I don't play that much these days), I got so much gold, I have no idea what to do with it. Last I check I was over 100,000g. I'm not braggin either, I know that's not much for some, and is a lot for others, what I am saying is it's not to hard to get.
most of which I just donate to the guild bank which is beyond that.

Level 24
This is a minor update but it felt like it needed to be shared.

Apparently you can buy a hat that will make all workers, your soldiers and even the officers of the Horde join you in a Mexican dance. It's always great to know that you're working with professionals. :D

Level 6
So it`s a gargantuan gold sink.

Yeah...I`ll not throw that much money at it since it`s one per char and we`ll leave it behind when we get the next expansion.

If they make it account bound and we can make use of it in all future expansions then it will be a useful investment.

I can`t even remember how much gold I have on my chars....somewhere under 20 k .... I can`t remember, it that bad or good ? :D hahahha :D

Level 24
I can understand people who play with several characters are very appauled by this luckely for me I only play on my main and my level 1 twink. :)

Level 6
I can understand people who play with several characters are very appauled by this luckely for me I only play on my main and my level 1 twink. :)
With a price of 5.000 for level one I doubt many players will have a fully equipped garrison.

Since my wacky WoW friends keep changing servers I am forced to convert my gold into items and I lose some that way.

Maybe I`ll waste 5k for a level one building that will help me make more money.If I don`t think I`ll turn a profit until the end of the expansion then it`s not worth it.

Edit. I have more then 50 K since I distinctly remember having to buy items and shiz so I can more over. Damn, I can`t believe I forgot how much gold I have. o_O

Last edited:
Level 24
Here we got some real information.

So as they say Garrisons are handed to you really early which I'm totally up for if they give a good reason. If Thrall says "Hey guys, Razosh here has been in some seriously deep shit. He has killed the blood god, 2 old gods, the remains of a third Old God, two of the highest ranked demons in the world, the Destroyer, the Jailor of the Damned and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Trust me money invested in him is money well spent."

We also have a feature which grants you free bandages and potions which is really important. I originally said I was against this because it would give rich players an unfair advantage but it seems to be really cheap so I'm cool with it. It also seems like all the plans can be found in the world which makes it even more ok.

We also have the cooking dailies which I'm happy to see I love dailes but I really hope they tone it down so it's not as many as in MoP and if you want to raid you kind of need to do them all.

You can also see that in your Garrison Varok Saurfang and Thrall can be found and who's assisting you so it seems like they're trying to push quests more in the direction of you're the hero and not just the friend of the hero like it used to be.

Level 24
We've talked much about it many of you have wanted to see it and here we have proof that there will be NPC's invading your Garrison. If the Alliance will actually invade I don't know yet. As far as we know there is still peace between the Alliance and the Horde so we'll see what happens.

Level 6
I hope they make it a permanent feature not only for this expansion.

The price is too steep for a feature that might last only for one expansion.

Level 24
I hope they make it a permanent feature not only for this expansion.

The price is too steep for a feature that might last only for one expansion.

You will probably always be able to go back to Dreanor and visit your Garrison. I doubt however that you would be able to move it to the next expansion. But maybe they will add a new set of Garrisons. And it seems like you can find all the plans in the world by drop and if that's the case it doesn't really seem to expensive. Not unless they decide to set a 0.000001% drop chance or something equaliy ridiculous.

Level 6
You will probably always be able to go back to Dreanor and visit your Garrison. I doubt however that you would be able to move it to the next expansion. But maybe they will add a new set of Garrisons. And it seems like you can find all the plans in the world by drop and if that's the case it doesn't really seem to expensive. Not unless they decide to set a 0.000001% drop chance or something equaliy ridiculous.
Yeah , saw it in the video you posted.You get some plans as part of quests and some are drops.

Everyone will have a basic garrison. :D

Cheers !

Level 24
Why does this look like some kind of hacky attempt to bring RTS into WoW?

Probably because it is. Blizzard has stated at numerous occasions that they do not want to make player housing that is just visual. The farm you are able to acquire in Pandaria was a big step for Blizzard in testing whether or not player housing would work. They have now adapted the technology behind the farm on a much larger scales with different functions, since next to no one cares about cooking. People have been requesting player housing since back in Vanilla so it's fun that it finally came.

As for why it looks like a "hacky attempt to bring RTS into WoW", it might be because Blizzard wants to make the game appeal more to the RTS community. I however believe it was just a coincidence, before we got screen shots no mentioned RTS and player housing in the same sentence. Blizzard wanted to make it a garrison instead of a house because you've until now only felt like you are the one hanging out with the big guys instead of being one of them. They wanted you to look like a commander instead of a lackey and hence the garrison. Many people then requested that it should constantly be under attack by hostile forces so Blizzard later announced it. The combination of the two most likely made it feel like RTS and since you're also able to choose where to build your buildings and which ones to build it only enhanced the feeling.

Level 24

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER! Today was a good day and the best thing, reward for pet battles. ^^ I'm going to get that bad boy at launch day.

Level 24
Three new cinematics for each faction.

I must admit Blizzard really know how to get me excited about leading an army.

Level 24
The speeches are a bit copy-pasta :O

Yes but the most interesting part is the speach of Durotan and Yrel as they say we must unite. Hopefully this means that we'll finally be able to partake in peace talks between the Alliance and the Horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.