• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlords of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Blackhand is the 6.0 final raid boss so I assume he'll be dead, Grommash is the end boss of the game, Ner'Zhul is a 5 man boss, Kargath is a raid boss and Kilrogg is currently unknown though he saw his own death in a vision so all of them except Durotan has been confirmed to die.

Level 9
Blackhand is the 6.0 final raid boss so I assume he'll be dead, Grommash is the end boss of the game, Ner'Zhul is a 5 man boss, Kargath is a raid boss and Kilrogg is currently unknown though he saw his own death in a vision so all of them except Durotan has been confirmed to die.
Well i think that Durotan will probably die since all of them are other reality characters so they all need to be killed anyway, because if Durotan will not die and will find out that Thrall is his son then... then i think that something will be kinda f#cked up.

Level 24
Well i think that Durotan will probably die since all of them are other reality characters so they all need to be killed anyway, because if Durotan will not die and will find out that Thrall is his son then... then i think that something will be kinda f#cked up.

Really you wouldn't be glad if they had a nice little family talk and Thrall assaulted Grommash dual-wielding doomhammers. That would be the most f-ed up thing ever.

Level 24
How could Grommash wield dual doomhammers, because one is at Thralls hand while other was destroyed in Talador if i remember right.

First of all you got it the wrong way around Thrall was the one dual wielding Doomhammers, Grommash will just have to dual wield Gorehowls. And I dont have beta aces so I did not know what happened to alternate Doomhammer.

Level 21
Well I hope Draenor sticks around and Outland could be fused or even many more people escape from Outland and go into Draenor.
More and more I think about it, Draenor is the superior world and Outland is really outdated.

Level 24
Well I hope Draenor sticks around and Outland could be fused or even many more people escape from Outland and go into Draenor.
More and more I think about it, Draenor is the superior world and Outland is really outdated.

Well Nagrand, Terokkar Forest , Zangarmarsh, parts of Thousand Needles and Netherstorm are still livable. Moving your entire life to an unknown place is a lot to ask so I believe many will stay out of familiarity.

Level 14
The alternate one.
Tbh I dislike that look, he lost a LOT from his original concept that I loved.

Well I guess he aged.

Which reminds me, I wonder when Anduin Wrynn will grow up and became the new King of Stormwind.

I also wonder when Tyrande will step in the spot-light again. I'm not exactly sure why they are dumbing her down so much. I feel like they could have at least used her more when hunting for Illidan in TBC. She could feel partially responsible for his fate. Illidan did save her from being eaten by the Scourge. I always thought she would want to be there for one of her dearest friends. She was after all a priestess, so I wouldn't see why she wouldn't try to heal and save Illidan.

Level 10
The night elves leveling zones, Mount Hyjal, Illidan vs Maiev.

I meant major drama, like the Lich King's death, or Dragon Soul and etc.
Illidan vs Maiev is a recurring event, since Wc3-FT, and I'm not so sure about the leveling zones. And in Mount Hyjal it wasn't really the faction (Darnassus) it was the Cenarion Circle and those guys.
Nothing that interesting really..
They've started to become a minority race in WoW.
Humans get the primary attention, Draenei are making a storyline comeback with WoD, Dwarfs, Worgen and Gnomes, I'm not so sure about..

Level 14
I meant major drama, like the Lich King's death, or Dragon Soul and etc.
Illidan vs Maiev is a recurring event, since Wc3-FT, and I'm not so sure about the leveling zones. And in Mount Hyjal it wasn't really the faction (Darnassus) it was the Cenarion Circle and those guys.
Nothing that interesting really..
They've started to become a minority race in WoW.
Humans get the primary attention, Draenei are making a storyline comeback with WoD, Dwarfs, Worgen and Gnomes, I'm not so sure about..

Since Tyrade is a priestess of Elune and a Sentinel, I don't understand why the Alliance don't get to interact with her in defending Ashenvale.

For me it always looked like Malfurion and Tyrande would form a duo. While Malfurion is busy with his Druid things, Tyrande is busy with her Sentinel things. That they split paths in order to achieve the same goal, only to meet again at the end. It always just seemed that way.

What I wouldn't give to see Tyrande a-top her tiger mount being accompanied by other Sentinels, fighting off the Horde in Ashenvale, shouting "WARRIORS OF THE NIGHT - ASSEMBLE!" and seeing her cast an awesome Starfall in a cut-scene, winning the battle. I'm not saying she should kill actual Horde players but make a significant appearance like Garrosh does in Stonetalon Mountain.

Thus we could learn more about her, as a leader of her people.

In case some people here do not know whom I'm talking about:

Warcraft III

• "Archimonde...After ten thousand years, how is it possible?"
  • "Let us make haste, my sisters! All our hopes rest on Furion's awakening!"
  • "They are mongrels and nothing more! They are responsible for Cenarius' death! I will be damned before I stand with them."
  • "Long ago, I swore to protect this land, Furion. I never had the luxury of sleeping through times of great peril."
  • "Illidan? It's been ten thousand years. Could he still be alive? We should free him, Furion! He would be the perfect ally against the undead and their demon masters!"
  • "Only the Goddess may forbid me anything. I will free Illidan whether you like it or not."
  • "Illidan was considered a great hero once. I believe he will become one once again."
  • "Your plan is a bold one, girl. Perhaps I have misjudged you outlanders. May Elune shine upon you!"
  • "Raw power is no substitute for true strength, Illidan. That is why I chose your brother over you."
  • "I grieve for your people, Kael. But you must not allow rage and despair to poison your heart. You may yet lead your people into a brighter future."

Level 24
I don't know what comments you're talking about?

I like the Exarch story I wonder what the Horde will get instead, probably something about Durotan.

Level 24
The Alliance have had Jaina going balistic, Maraad and Varian chatting, you almost had the blood elfs join your faction and your prince has been dating the son of Deathwing. Not to mention that Vereesa has started becoming useful, Velen has made his first appearance ever and your faction has assaulted Orgrimmar. The Alliance has not been abscent.

Level 24
Nice comic it told a lot of Orgrim and Blackhand and I hope you're right and that there will be more of these comics for the remaining warchiefs and Gul'Dan.

Level 24
So patch 6.0 is officially out and all the new character models are out, YAY! Apart from one, where's mah blood elves?

Level 25
Lel, maybe in later patches together with Worgen & Goblins(yes, I have read that they will. I'm not sure. Anyways, I'm just playing Starter Edition, will that apply to those? And I'm excited to see my Undead & Draenei get revamped!

Having slow connection, but a while ago it was okay. I almost saw heaven...it's ruined.

Level 9
Its actually pretty obvious why they even made this. Look back into WoW there have been alot of raids and dungeons based on events that happened before WoW or even before Warcraft 1. Problem is that Blizzard is trying to make like every single event playable in WoW that have happened in Warcraft universe.

Level 24
I deffinetly wouldn't use the word obvious as there are two other ideas that made more sense from a logical viewpoint but the word unexpected might be beter. There was in my opinion beter alternatives but WoD is decent enough I suppose.

Level 24
This is just a personal guess but I think that the community in the next expansion is going to react a little like this. Anyone who agrees?

If this chart is correct I want to meet the man who thinks he can convince me that the best expansion was Cataclysm.

Definitely. That was a good vid: "do not try to apply logic to the chart". In general, it is also related to motives. People (at least over forums and chat) feel more inclined to post any negative feedback opposed to commenting on the good parts. Negative feedback is "constructive" (at least, that is how people see it internally). Positive feedback is welcome, but those posts often feel redundant to both the author and anyone reading them. And as people make those negative posts, negativity spreads and forms a mob mentality.

Perhaps part of the reason why older games get so much love is because they never had online communities. You would only play them with your friends, and you would only play them if you enjoyed them--therefore they were all pretty well received.

Investment is also a factor. People invest so much time and $$ in WoW that a lot of them expect things to go perfectly for them. I was like that for a while, but now I'm just happy to play and experience whatever I can.

The cycle of expansions is kind of a general rule of life. As we are experiencing things, we can only really see the negatives (partially because we want those negatives to be corrected). As time passes, those negatives become trivial (they can't be corrected anymore) or we forget them, and we see a silver lining to our experience. If you keep that in mind, then it becomes easier to see the positives about your current experience. ;) Every expansion where PvP is a mess, I just always think back to the start of wrath when DK's were introduced. Then I suddenly feel happy again. I remember playing my characters in the 50's bracket--DK's would one-shot, and they had faster mounts than everyone else since epic mounts required 60 back then (but only required 55 for DK's). Blizzard has come a long way! :D

Level 24
Definitely. That was a good vid: "do not try to apply logic to the chart". In general, it is also related to motives. People (at least over forums and chat) feel more inclined to post any negative feedback opposed to commenting on the good parts. Negative feedback is "constructive" (at least, that is how people see it internally). Positive feedback is welcome, but those posts often feel redundant to both the author and anyone reading them. And as people make those negative posts, negativity spreads and forms a mob mentality.

Yes, it seems like we will always have 2 mobs the ones who say this game should be more casual friendly and the second group says this should be more like vanilla. We also have two other groups, the hail Morehaime group and the actual criticism group. I wish there were more from the last group. It seems like the first group just want everything to as you said go smoothly for them with no bumps on the road, which to be honest would make for a rather poor gameplay. The second group I think is to corrupted by fond memories that they forget the bad ones and form an inaccurate picture of how the game actually was. The third group I think instead of accepting that the game they've bought is not perfect for them decide to revere it and defend it against anyone as they feel like they need to get value from their money. The fact that they're defending it so ferociously I think is more to convince themselves rather than anyone else.

I'll have to admit I haven't always been a part of the 4th group and I don't know if many have, it's especially hard to criticize in a honest early on in an expansion. Both because you're so happy it finally arrived you're super happy about everything and also because you haven't had enough experience with it.

Perhaps part of the reason why older games get so much love is because they never had online communities. You would only play them with your friends, and you would only play them if you enjoyed them--therefore they were all pretty well received.

That's pretty accurate even those who were made after the birth of the internet had fan forums but then again they were only visited by fans.

The cycle of expansions is kind of a general rule of life. As we are experiencing things, we can only really see the negatives (partially because we want those negatives to be corrected). As time passes, those negatives become trivial (they can't be corrected anymore) or we forget them, and we see a silver lining to our experience. If you keep that in mind, then it becomes easier to see the positives about your current experience. ;) Every expansion where PvP is a mess, I just always think back to the start of wrath when DK's were introduced. Then I suddenly feel happy again. I remember playing my characters in the 50's bracket--DK's would one-shot, and they had faster mounts than everyone else since epic mounts required 60 back then (but only required 55 for DK's). Blizzard has come a long way! :D

As someone who picked up a blood Death Knight in 3.0 and has had him as main ever since I can completely agree that they were a little over the edge OP. It's important to focus on the things you like in WoW and not the ones you hate but always keep them all in mind when criticizing the game. It's lucky us that some of those things we've been nagging about for years eventually is given to use, such as player housing. :)

Yeah, your descriptions of the groups of WoW players is shockingly accurate. A little too accurate.

Overall, I think Blizzard has to focus on some key things:
(1) Listen to feedback from users early on and make changes before people get too deep into the meta.
(2) Go for a smooth launch! Blizzard has been really bad with their patch/xpac launches recently (servers crashing, players having multiple issues), not just in WoW but also hearthstone and diablo. Patch 6.0 was pretty decent, I can only hope the same for WoD. I still remember when MoP was released and Captain Doren was bugged on a lot of servers. Since the first quest chain is linear, this created a huge bottleneck where players could not progress at all and a bunch of people ended up piling up around the cave:
lzDDmCp.jpg

In hindsight, it was pretty funny. But that was one big issue that took forever to resolve. We ended up finding a hunter, because explosive trap would somehow counter the bug and allow him to die & respawn. But many more came before we finally got a hunter.

Hopefully they'll have a good launch this time around, especially since people have been testing the beta for quite some time. If things go relatively smoothly, it may make a big difference on people's opinion of the game.

Level 24
Yeah, your descriptions of the groups of WoW players is shockingly accurate. A little too accurate.

You can't claim I do not have any experience with WoW. ;)

Overall, I think Blizzard has to focus on some key things:
(1) Listen to feedback from users early on and make changes before people get too deep into the meta.

I never thought I would say these words but Dragon Soul is a shining example here. In Dragon Soul they did nerf the raid by adding a debuff to the adds and bosses, this debuff was made more powerful overtime but you could always choose not to have it. This meant that players closer to the casual side could more easily take down the bosses while the hardcore players got to keep their difficulty. I however find it a good thing that they progressively nerf raids just as long as it doesn't go out of control. If the hardcore players were good enough to down the boss they would have done it already and giving more players the right to access content is never a bad thing.

(2) Go for a smooth launch! Blizzard has been really bad with their patch/xpac launches recently (servers crashing, players having multiple issues), not just in WoW but also hearthstone and diablo. Patch 6.0 was pretty decent, I can only hope the same for WoD. I still remember when MoP was released and Captain Doren was bugged on a lot of servers. Since the first quest chain is linear, this created a huge bottleneck where players could not progress at all and a bunch of people ended up piling up around the cave:
lzDDmCp.jpg

In hindsight, it was pretty funny. But that was one big issue that took forever to resolve. We ended up finding a hunter, because explosive trap would somehow counter the bug and allow him to die & respawn. But many more came before we finally got a hunter.

I agree it could be done better but it's not unacceptable, for an MMORPG WoW actually has a very limited amount of problems at launch. Compare to SWtOR, GW2, Elderscrolls Online and others. And the problems they do have they solve very swiftly, I don't have an exact number on MoP but lets take Diablo III as an example. Error 37 only persisted for 48 hours on European servers and the lag only 24 hours after that so it all got solved in three days. Compare that to other games with similar problems like SimCity and you realize that Blizzard is actually working hard to work their problems. I'm not saying that I don't have an issue with these launch problems I'm just saying that considering Blizzards vast fan-base it's understandable. I think there are much bigger problems with their games such as that SCII and Diablo III are online only which means you don't own the game but are borrowing it. The online only aspect I can accept in WoW because it's a Masive Multiplayer Online RPG. It's said in the title what kind of game it is and it has to be an online only game to actually work. That's not to say I don't have issues with WoW I would definitely not rate it a solid 10/10.

Hopefully they'll have a good launch this time around, especially since people have been testing the beta for quite some time. If things go relatively smoothly, it may make a big difference on people's opinion of the game.

There's always going to be some problems minor or not but yes I think you're correct in that it will be the smoothest so far. And I think player housing or Garrisons might influence a lot of positive feedback considering how much everyone has been requesting it.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

I disagree. If they listen to the public in general they will nerf everything to LFR difficulty. Gold will be raining from the sky and legendary items will will drop from lvl 1 wolves to make sure everyone gets it.
People complain about things that are annoying, but in truth they do not want that they wish for. Me included. Blizzard give us small advantages that we get used to, and then just want more and more. In the end nothing will be challenging.

Just compare classic to MoP.
1. no fucking flying mounts
2. ground mounts was really expensive making them a rare sight
3. leveling a character took literary 30x longer
4. epic items was actually epic and not rewarded from faceroll LFR and even quests in some cases
5. dungeon finder didn't exist you had to gather a group in trade chat
6. battleground finder didn't exist you had to walk the whole way to the battle masters in their respective zone
7. raids only had one difficulty yet people raided, who need 4 difficulties?
8. dungeons wasn't able to be rofl-stomped, certain low-level instances were really hard to clear. Gnomeregan was commonly hated for example
9. leveling a profession took weeks since you had to farm almost everything yourself. Buying yourself to max level was impossible for 99.99% of the player base.

this is just blizzard listening to people they shouldn't have listened to. Making it easier and resulting in a player loss.

If anything they should listen to the top guilds in terms of PvE and maybe talk to some high rated PvP players or something along those lines.

Level 24
Why add content that only 0.1% of the player base would ever see that's not a game designed for its players. And you want to introduce tradechat dungeon find, I don't think you remember how that actually was like. You had to spam the tradechat only to have people leaving and going AFK then you were the only one who walked to the instance because the others couldn't be bothered. Yes lets bring that back. I don't think you remember how it was actually like to play during Vanilla, I think you think of the good memories but don't remember the frustrating moments.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Without a goal people don't want to raid anyway. Blizzard currently has 4 difficulties in terms of raiding.

1. LFR
2. normal
3. heroic
4. mythic

Even with all those four difficulties the amount of raiding guilds are lower than ever. Since you can pug every single difficulty, there is no need for a guild in the first place. Furthermore it's NOT motivating to defeat the same bosses on 3 difficulties over and over to get the gear to clear mythic.

Basically, it's something like this.

Current system:
clear LFR 10 weeks > clear normal 5 weeks > clear heroic 5 weeks > clear mythic 5 weeks

Old system:
Normal raid for 25 weeks

The difference is that once you see a boss it's a first time experience, and you still have motivation to kill the last boss as well since that's a first too. Unlike the current system where you kill the last boss 40 times in one patch.

Here is a class mate of mine, he has downdc every difficulty both old HC and current mythic. He says it's boring as shit to repeat it as well.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Zeilar/statistic#14807:15164
Garrosh Hellscream (LFR Siege of Orgrimmar)--
Garrosh Hellscream (Flexible Siege of Orgrimmar) 35
Garrosh Hellscream (10-player Normal Siege of Orgrimmar) 16
Garrosh Hellscream (25-player Normal Siege of Orgrimmar) 9
Garrosh Hellscream (10-player Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar) 3

this is just a random guy from a top guild.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Khantor/statistic#14807:15164
Garrosh Hellscream (LFR Siege of Orgrimmar)--
Garrosh Hellscream (Flexible Siege of Orgrimmar) 7
Garrosh Hellscream (10-player Normal Siege of Orgrimmar) 6
Garrosh Hellscream (25-player Normal Siege of Orgrimmar) 5
Garrosh Hellscream (10-player Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar)--
Garrosh Hellscream (25-player Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar) 45

it must be soooo fun to down him 50 times, no? back in TBH Kael'thas was undefeated for 4 months before anyone in the world finally killed him. Did they stop raiding? hell no.
People just have to put their back into it, you don't want to spend time to see the content? then you don't deserve to either. If you want to see it for lore reasons there are plenty of videos on youtube for you in in due time. You don't need to see everything on the day of release. *cough* LFR *cough*
And yes, I do remember how annoying it was. And that's exactly what made it good, it took longer time = more to do = always fun.

edit: sorry if I sound too rude, I tend to get out of hand when arguing. Take it with a grain of salt please

edit2: check out this video, it's truly worth watching.

Level 24
Your friend who's the average player has killed Garrosh heroic 3 times and if you do not see any personal progression in going from normal to heroic then this is not the game for you and why are you paying 125 sek every month for this game? The hardcore player however seems to like it otherwise he wouldn't kill Garrosh 45 times.

And you want to compare old WoW to new WoW you said it used to take 25 weeks of normal raiding to get your gear. Let me invite you to reality, every time you downed a boss in Molten Core they dropped 3-4 epics that was to be distributed between 40 people. To make it worse every 2nd boss would drop paladin gear meaning that no one could use it and when a weapon dropped no mater what it was every hunter and their mother rolled on it. As for every boss fight being unique most of the bosses shared the same recolored model and all except one boss had the same model as the adds. 25 weeks doesn't nearly cut how long time it took to get full epic gear.

it took longer time = more to do

And in MoP people complained that there was too much to do. Besides if you want outstanding gear raid heroic, few people have full 5.4 hc gear.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
My friend started playing during MoP, this was his first raid tier ever. So yeah I'd say he is about average. If he can clear it, most players can.
ok, half true he started in cata but he stopped when hitting 80 so basically no experience anyway.

I play PvP most of the time. That's what I am paying for atm. But I downed Madness of Deathwing a total of 40+ times. Did LFR every week and normal/hc raid on top of that. So I know the feeling from back then.

You don't think that's because there's nothing better to do? I guess you can go for the 'toys' if you're that kind of guy. There's a chunk of companions that drops, mounts, heirlooms, achievements. It's just absurd to think that it's that fun to repeat something.

No I don't, the numbers were pure examples and taken out of my head. Don't focus on them too much :p Well if the hunter want to waste their DKP on a item that he can't use that's his problem since he wont get the good items afterwards. Back in the day everyone used DKP I doubt many guilds used rolls if I recall.

And in MoP people complained that there was too much to do. Besides if you want outstanding gear raid heroic, few people have full 5.4 hc gear.
There is too much to do the first weeks. After that, not really. Why would they get gear that's boring to get (due the reason(s) mentioned in my old post as well as the video)? and on top of that you can't use it next patch since WoD is coming up with better greens than the raiding gear.

Level 24
I also want them to make mythic super hard to please the hardcore players I don't think it's a good idea to as you suggested make content that only 0.1% of the player base is going to see. That's a waste of Blizzards time.

Level 24
A very valid argument against that opinion is that everyone who has paid for the game should be allowed to enjoy the story regardless of skill. And Blizzard loves to make lore a big part of their raid and therefor I will continue to support LFR until that changes.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Yeah, that's fair from one point of view.

But that's the same as saying "we support pay to win" just put your money here and you will get some 'epic' gear.

In that case we can just make the raids super hard but make it legal to buy boost with real money. The effect would be the same :p Or even put gear in the blizz store

you should get rewarded for your skill not for your money. I can't believe I am saying that myself x)

Level 24
I'm not saying that it should be pay to win, have you ever tried to take on heroic bosses with gear from RF, it wont end well? With what logic does RF = P2W? You should be rewarded for skill just not with story.

Level 24
This is the mount you will receive for winning either 100 3 v 3 arena matches or 40 Rated Battlegrounds in patch 6.0. Looks awesome and very different from any other raptor we've seen.

Level 24
Screw the vicous warhorse.

Yep, Raptors are the coolest ground mounts and the proto-drakes dominate the air. I hope they bring back more proto-drakes every other flying mount model they add are just re-skinned proto-drakes anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.