• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Garrisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So do you have any personal hopes or features you'd like to see in the Garrison feature, maybe you would like to see Garrisons cator to guilds?

Garrisons are to me a pretty exciting new feature and one I've been waiting for a long time for and I personally would like to see them make all your pets run around in the garrison in areas that would suit them best for instance if you have the Alliance Garrison they showed at BlizzCon with the river running through it than they could place all your aquatic pets in that river. As a person with more than 400 pets this is a feature that would suit me personally very nicely.

Further more I would like your building to work more like a trophy hall showing of all the awesome things you have done, say for example that you have gotten the achievement timeless champion for slaying all the rares on the timeless isle you might get the head of Zhu-Gon the Sour to hang on your wall.

Level 14
So do you have any personal hopes or features you'd like to see in the Garrison feature, maybe you would like to see Garrisons cator to guilds?

That's MAYBE next expansion. One step at a time.

Garrisons are to me a pretty exciting new feature and one I've been waiting for a long time for

Same here, never knew why this feature wasn't implemented earlier.

Further more I would like your building to work more like a trophy hall showing of all the awesome things you have done, say for example that you have gotten the achievement timeless champion for slaying all the rares on the timeless isle you might get the head of Zhu-Gon the Sour to hang on your wall.

They said that will happen.

Edit: What if you could raid/ransack/pillage enemy Garrisons? Would be fun :D But that would never happen in WoW, it's too full of peaceful players.

Level 24
Same here, never knew why this feature wasn't implemented earlier.

They tested this feature out with the Tillers and your personal farm in MoP to see if they had the necessery requierments to implement this into WoW and previously they didn't have the requierments.

They said that will happen.

Yes but never on what scale and even then they used the word maybe.

Edit: What if you could raid/ransack/pillage enemy Garrisons? Would be fun :D But that would never happen in WoW, it's too full of peaceful players.

I don't think that would be so fun to defend your Garrison against constant attempts of people trying to steal your resources.

Level 9
Actually it would be pretty neat to defend/attach/ruin garrisons,but would be annoying couse im always aly,and hordes are more agressive and constant defending wouldn't please me.
Actually i look at it this way,first before making a garrison you have to buy the land(gold ofc,lots and lots of gold)then build your garrison and i would like it to be as a resting place for adventuring or unleveled players,where they can spent their golds and the golds automatacly go to your mailbox,also that you could hire solders and defending siege weapons,but you have to pay them monthly gold,and while your building it,i would like the building process to be slow,and most finaly the best part of that garrison idea,to those who played wow know that text pops up when you go to area to area,like Stormwind city,elwynn forest,well that that could name your garrison as you wish,but the rules for names stay the same exsept the space rule.
Guys tell me,do you like my ideas :D pretty Legendary ones,aye?;)

Level 24
Well there's one problem with it say someone hires soldiers, stops playing comming back two years later to see that he has lost all his gold.

Level 9
Well there's one problem with it say someone hires soldiers, stops playing comming back two years later to see that he has lost all his gold.

Its not automaticly payed to the solders and the defence structures.
You will have to manually pay them,so that this problem doesnt appear,and when you stop paying them they just go away.
Btw would you like to see this in the new expansion,i would lovee <3:ogre_love:

Level 24
Its not automaticly payed to the solders and the defence structures.
You will have to manually pay them,so that this problem doesnt appear,and when you stop paying them they just go away.
Btw would you like to see this in the new expansion,i would lovee <3:ogre_love:

Probably not having enemys inside your base killing my NPC's is not something I'd want.

Level 24
I like the idea behind garrisons.
As I get it it's an housing system combined with the farm from Vot4W

Yes and it sounds like they want to make it into your new capital since they're appearently putting everything in there.

Level 24
Well,what if garrisons required to have a guild,and the guild master will have controls over the garrison + you would have players defending it + NPC's,and the paying goes from the bank stocked gold.

Say I invested half of the money I have on me into this guild garrison which is 320 000 gold and then the GM decides to sell the guild to someone else, kick me due to some reason or he disbands the guild. What will my investements have been for then, would not that be stealing?

Level 24
New art on the garrisons is available. http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/warlords-of-draenor-art-details-on-garrisons/

build%20garrison.jpg

Also new is this tweet.

QQsruio.png

garr02.jpg

garr03.jpg

garr04.jpg

garr05.jpg

garr06.jpg

garr07.jpg

garr08.jpg

garr09.jpg

garr10.jpg

garr11.jpg

garr12.jpg

garr13.jpg

garr14.jpg

garr15.jpg

garr16.jpg

garr17.jpg

garr18.jpg

Last edited:
Level 24
If they do give all races their personal architecture I also think you can select which one you want to use so I could build a troll building with my main if I liked as long as it is a building from one of the races of the Horde.

Level 6
If they do give all races their personal architecture I also think you can select which one you want to use so I could build a troll building with my main if I liked as long as it is a building from one of the races of the Horde.
That would be awesome if you can select from all the architectures, of course limited to Alliance/Horde.

Level 24
That would be awesome if you can select from all the architectures, of course limited to Alliance/Horde.

I agree if I had my way there would be Blood Elf banners flying over my citadel. :)

As we saw in the prewiev garrisons will now be located in the starting zones for each faction and you will have outposts in all other zones. These outposts will affect your home base as well as they seem to give different resources. What might happen is that there will be one method that is more sufficient in some way so that all professional players will pick a very specific set of buildings. I for one will strive to get what I think looks best. ;)

I wounder just how much you will be able to make with your garrisons, I personally hope you can rename your companions as well just as you can with pets. I would love to have a blood elf rouge nicknamed "The Red Viper".

Level 24
"I think, instead of a garrison per player it should be one garrison per guild."

Now when I think about it, this could be really nice. Two garrisions per player and one per guild. (one for horde and one for ally)

Then the guild's money can be used for something just not laying taking space.

And what if you've spent hundreds of thousands of gold on your guilds garrison and the guild master decides to kick you or switch server. It could end up being very flawed. It will probably mostly happen to hardcore guilds if the guild house has any effect on the performance of the guild but still it will happen to someone and that someone could be me or you.

Level 16
Now when I think about it, this could be really nice.
Yeah Guild version would be cool too!
And what if you've spent hundreds of thousands of gold on your guilds garrison and the guild master decides to kick you or switch server. It could end up being very flawed. It will probably mostly happen to hardcore guilds if the guild house has any effect on the performance of the guild but still it will happen to someone and that someone could be me or you.
You wouldn't spend your gold, the gold would come from the guild bank. If you donated to the guild bank for the garrison and you get kicked or he transfers its the same thing if you donate gold for guild flasks and the GM spends it on Guild tabards instead. reliability would always be on the Guild Master. You take that risk when you donate gold. If you worry about that happening to you, then don't donate. -nuff said

Again a guild version would be a cool idea as well.

Level 24
I also think a guild version would be a cool idea I was simply against the idea of giving perks that were important for the guild since that in the case of many hardcore guilds would mean a demand to donate. I like the idea of guild housing and I think if it would be great if they gave away heirlooms, pets, mounts and perks outside of raids.

Level 24
I think it should have perks but not some damage boost or something.

What was it I just said. :D When I said perks outside of raiding I meant like extra reputation, extra gold per loot, cheaper repairs, more honor, valor, justice and stuff like that.

I would also like to have an achievement hall for garrisons that grows depending on how many achievement points you have that way achievements would actually be useful for something. For instance if you have gained 70 pet battle achievements you get an extra room with pet battle trophies and 15% extra experience from pet battles. If you have gained 100 exploration achievements you get maps of all zones in one of your rooms and all your characters gain extra experience from exploration related events.

Level 16
well, if you get kicked that's your own fault. I doubt you would spend gold in a guild you're just a trial in? I think it should have perks but not some damage boost or something.
100% agree, and I have always wanted to see a guild buff that makes raid buffs persist through death. It would require a raid consisting of all guild members. Can only be used is raids, can only be used once per Raid Lock.
Maybe call it: "Guild Persistence" - As long as this buff is active all buffs persist through death. (last 2 hours).
note - Only members of exalted status may acquire this buff.
*shrug* still would seem OP though.

Level 24
Not all but most, that's why I mentioned them. Because right now I'm grinding rep with Sunreavers Offensive and it's much easier to just post something that already exists rather than making up a brand new list.

Level 16
it's much easier to just post something that already exists rather than making up a brand new list.
Those do exist.
Plus making a new list brings something NEW to the table which peaks interest.

Everyone loves new stuff! (new cloths, new car, etc)

anyways, When I these garrisons, I tend to think its Warcraft 3, minus the "I've been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!"
Maybe that's why I like the idea so much.

What races would everyone plan to use? (if they did that kind of stuff).
Razosh's Blood elven architect idea would just be awesome. Simply put.

Level 24
Finally we get to see some gameplay here's the new UI for the garrisons. They seem to have added a fishing hut for those who can't make it without fishing. :D Wait... I actually enjoy fishing. This could be fun. Blizzard give me a blood elf fishing hut.

garrisonUI.jpg

Level 24
I have talked a lot about what I want to see, no one else who has an input? I'd really like to see companions being able to train your battle pets. Being able to set out some battle pets in your garrison would also be quite nice so they would maybe sit on the wall or swim in a lake.

Level 16
I have talked a lot about what I want to see, no one else who has an input? I'd really like to see companions being able to train your battle pets. Being able to set out some battle pets in your garrison would also be quite nice so they would maybe sit on the wall or swim in a lake.
No one better train my pets but me!

PS - Posts I made above talk about what I would like to see.

It would be cool to see siege units and factions destroy other garrisons :p
(sorry that's the warcraft 3 player in me coming out)

Level 6
It`s a phased out home.I don`t know if I will fully upgrade it but I`ll give it a swing.

I guess it`s one garrison per character.

Level 24
I guess it`s one garrison per character.

Yep, at BlizzCon it said that an upgrade could cost up to 10 000 gold and in that case I would really like for the Garrison to be account bound since otherwise it would mean a couple of 100 000 gold for each character you want to give all the perks.

I would like them to add a lot of solo scenarios to the Garrison so I have to defend my Garrison against Alliance and Iron Horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.