• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guard Distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
What do you mean by guard distance?

Do you mean creep camp distance, which is how far a creep will chase an enemy before they return to their origin?

If so, this value can be changed in gameplay constants. Note that it is a global value, so if you need it to be specific to creeps/creep camps, you would have to code your own creep camping system in.

Level 8
It is called "Creeps - Guard Distance" in Contants.

It defines -assist range-, meaning the distance required for units to assist friendly units being attacked. It is NOT about chasing.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Is there a way to adjust Guard Distance for specific units?

Or maybe a way to trigger it somehow?

What do you mean by guard distance?

Do you mean creep camp distance, which is how far a creep will chase an enemy before they return to their origin?

If so, this value can be changed in gameplay constants. Note that it is a global value, so if you need it to be specific to creeps/creep camps, you would have to code your own creep camping system in.

It defines -assist range-, meaning the distance required for units to assist friendly units being attacked. It is NOT about chasing.

This entire conversation sounds like you @plumsy460 answered your own question. If you're trying to make a unit not attack others on sight, you might want to lower its Acquisition Range under Combat.

Other than that, its the thing you answered by yourself.

Level 8
If you're trying to make a unit not attack others on sight, you might want to lower its Acquisition Range under Combat.

I did not answer it. This is the answer to my question. Thank you :)

All though it does not function the same way as Guard Distance. It is still useful.

Reactions: Moy

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I did not answer it. This is the answer to my question. Thank you :)

All though it does not function the same way as Guard Distance. It is still useful.

You're welcome.

And yes you did answer your own question. First you asked
and then @sethmachine answered by
to which you said

And that's how drama is made :D

Level 8
Ups sorry. I think this is a misunderstanding, my bad.
I was well aware of the Constants when I made this topic. But that function defines guard distance for -ALL- units.

The question was regarding -specific- units.

Last edited:
Level 8
Thank you, I am well aware of that.

I would also like to point out that aquisition range and guard distance are NOT the same, and have entirely different functions.

So far I conclude that there is no way to adjust GUARD DISTANCE for SPECIFIC units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.