• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit Guard Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am pretty unfamiliar with this. Can't look in the editor right now, but I know there is a trigger to remove guard position. It makes it so the unit does not return to the spot where they spawned. They will just aggro stuff and end up wherever they end up.

I recent replaced this one unit on my map with a hero unit. It serves the same role in every way, except now it is a hero (basically just so that +stats items work properly on him).

The problem is that he no longer seems to have a guard position. I want him to have one since you lose if he dies. It is very annoying to have him slowly aggro right into the enemies and then die lol.

Here's my questions:
1) Do heroes not have guard positions?
2) Is there a way to enforce some sort of leash that works kind of like guard positions? (basically always have them return there if they are past some distance)

If I need to do 2, I can probably figure out a trigger for myself. I mostly want to know if there is an easy one that I can use that works just like guard positions.

Thanks in advance!

Level 12
I'm not sure if I am reading that page right, but I see "doesn't work on heroes".

Status
Not open for further replies.