• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Camera sound distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there a way to adjust the distance where the cam picks up sound events on the map like units attacking etc?

Only the closest events are registered, sometimes not even that :/

Level 2
Just to let you know, I'm experiencing a lot of sound bugs with the new world editor and wc3 reforged in itself currently, just like in your video. So it's certainly not a map-specific problem and should be fixed by blizzard sooner or later.

For units in the distance it would be interesting to know where your camera is located. I'm guessing you want all sounds to be registered equally?

Either way, only idea I'd have right now is to create a point where each indiviual sound of every unit is played. But that sounds like tons of work and can't be the right way. :/

Edit:

There might be a way to offset the camera object (which registers position-based sound), but not the camera view. But idk!

Level 4
Just to let you know, I'm experiencing a lot of sound bugs with the new world editor and wc3 reforged in itself currently, just like in your video. So it's certainly not a map-specific problem and should be fixed by blizzard sooner or later.

For units in the distance it would be interesting to know where your camera is located. I'm guessing you want all sounds to be registered equally?

Either way, only idea I'd have right now is to create a point where each indiviual sound of every unit is played. But that sounds like tons of work and can't be the right way. :/

Edit:

There might be a way to offset the camera object (which registers position-based sound), but not the camera view. But idk!

Ah, didn't think it could be an editor issue, hope they get around to fixing it then.

Anyway, here's the cam in relation to the battlefield

7ll0bZs.png

Level 2
I just tested the sound registration in a map of mine and it feels like the sound is recorded at the position the camera is pointing at. So you'd probably be fine if your camera is centered in the middle of your battlefield.

I'd pause the sound setup for your map until they fix the sound bugs. My guess is that it's gonna be perfectly fine once they fix it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.