• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legion's High Ground

Reactions: Maxwell and Aether
Legion's High Ground

MAP INFO
This melee map is built for Frozen Throne competitive play, it serves up to 4 players, 1v1or2v2orFFA. with Outland lay out, small size, sufficient creep camps, for players who love play original game, and adds a little more fun. Map is made with balancing game elements in mind, it's been tried to made as close to the original War3FT maps as possible, for ones who love competitive melee maps, this one is worth to try out for.

MAP DESCRIPTION
Countless world had scorched to ashes beneath the wrath of the Mighty Legion, though some demons were chosen to guard the remains, purge them from this forsaken land! Fight on warriors, in this evil ground.

-10 Gold Mines (main 15000, outpost 17500, inner outpost 22500)
-2 Taverns
-2 Goblin Shops
-4 Goblin Merchants
-2 Nether Dragon Roosts
-2 Mercenary Camps
-1 Mana Fountain

Added: 2 inner xpo Gold Mine with Creeps.
Changed: Relocation of Taverns, Decreased outpost Gold Mine gold amount to 17500(from 20000), Overall Terran improvements(with outland weather effect)

251666-albums8847-picture108278.png

Created by Finger of Death

Keywords:
competition, melee, balanced
Contents

Legion's High Ground (Map)

Reviews
[2016-05-01] Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:20 / 30Aesthetics:6 / 20Total:26 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay The creep camps are balanced. The items...

M

[2016-05-01]
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:20 / 30
Aesthetics:6 / 20
Total:26 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The creep camps are balanced.
The items they drop are balanced aswell.
No player has a positionging advantage.
The gold expansions gold amount are balanced.
Plenty of large open areas that allows for epic battle clashes.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Well, there is nothing interesting going on in the terrain, but it is working all the same.
There are a lot of things that could be improved terrain-wise, but as it is a melee map, it does not matter too much.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
-

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
A balanced melee map with acceptable terrain.

Approved with a rating of 3/5.

Level 5
Notes, you should follow

You should add more information about your map. For example, this. Also, you should improve the looks of it. Try to take a look at this and this. I can't see the screenshot. If you don't know how to put screenshot, click here.

For now, I will for awaiting update

Level 4
Notes, you should follow

You should add more information about your map. For example, this. Also, you should improve the looks of it. Try to take a look at this and this. I can't see the screenshot. If you don't know how to put screenshot, click here.

For now, I will for awaiting update

thanks for review, update complete, my album was in private maybe that was the problem, now is public

Level 5
thanks for review, update complete, my album was in private maybe that was the problem, now is public
No problem. Don't worry, that always happen. :)

Gameplay:

The placement of the starting location was great. It gives the equality of each player. Each of them are far enough to have a good base.

The gold in the gold mines are at the perfect limit. As well as the trees are so many for a longer game.

The placements of neutrals are stable. Also, the items you choose are balance and well placed on the neutrals. Neutral shops are in the perfect spot, like the tavern.​

Terrain

The terrain is simple, but good. The way you put the tiles are decent. But, I can barely see a doodads, like corpses, bats and so on. Try adding some.​

Verdict

It seems, I can't find the reason that this shouldn't be approve. So, I will rate it 3/5, and voting for approval.​

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:20 / 30
Aesthetics:6 / 20
Total:26 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The creep camps are balanced.
The items they drop are balanced aswell.
No player has a positionging advantage.
The gold expansions gold amount are balanced.
Plenty of large open areas that allows for epic battle clashes.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Well, there is nothing interesting going on in the terrain, but it is working all the same.
There are a lot of things that could be improved terrain-wise, but as it is a melee map, it does not matter too much.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
-

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
A balanced melee map with acceptable terrain.

Approved with a rating of 3/5.