• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Legion's Corruption v1.3

Reactions: Supernickman 32
-Legion's Corruption-
During the Third war Legion invaded Felwood Forest causing corruption and destruction. Fight your way through corrupted forest creatures to reach your opponent.

Wtii testing map:

Map Specifics

208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players

208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps
4 7 2

208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings

208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines

[2017-01-13 v1.0] 1. Uploaded.

1. Reworked mine camp.
2. Opened creep camp near Mercenary camp more.
3. Added map specifics to description and more screenshots.
4. Fixed file name.

1. Reworked red player base size.
2. Reworked player red expansion size.
3. Reworked player blue expansion size.
4. Added new path near expansions.
5. Removed doodads near red player base, to balance map after change number 1.
6. Added Rune of the watcher as a second drop to the Broodmother.

7. Multiple smaller terrain changes.
8. Added prefix (2) to the file name.
9. Replaced description image of entire map.

1. Moved neutral creep camps position for both players.
2. Added more trees to blue player expansion.
3. Closed path near middle of the map to make map more symmetrical.
4. Moved creep camps for both players.
5. Fixed terrain spots.
6. Added version to the file name and map name.

Credit:

Traktor - Map
Rufus - Description Guide - Maps
Rufus - Melee Map Description
Supernickman32 - Suggested mine camp rework and review with update
Thing_I - Suggested improving description and review with explanations.
MysteryMaze - Suggested adding screenshot from game camera perspective
Wtii - For testing map on his youtube channel with mattymorris1994
Special thanks to everyone playing this map for their support!
Contents

Legion's Coruption v1.3 (Map)

Reviews
Thing_I
My turn to review it. Let me first say this: I am certainly not a melee map player (and I honestly am horrid at melee.) Now, keeping that in mind: I thought that the creeps on the map make it unique. The Fel Stalkers are definitely a pain with the...
Level 8
NOTE THIS REVIEW HAS UPDATE BELOW!
Off the reviews Episode 8: Legion's Corruption

Read This
My opinion are subjective, it can't be same as yours. Let's begin.

What is The Legion's Corruption ?
This is a melee map 1vs1 as author wrote "During the Third war Legion invaded Felwood Forest causing corruption and destruction, fight your way through corrupted forest creatures to reach your opponent." that's basic story. I was scared when saw creeps that map have.

For a final.
Yes i like this map and i have nothing more to say.

Rate.
- Total points 40 = 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Good ,but could be better 50/70 = 9
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Too hard to you? 28.5/70 = 6
You tried ,but only half 20/70 = 5
Nice ,but with this you never be good mapmaker 15.5 =4
Try harder 10/70 = 3
Thanks seat down two 5/70 = 2
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Last edited:
Level 2

Read This

This is a melee map 1vs1 as author wrote "During the Third war Legion invaded Felwood Forest causing corruption and destruction. Fight your way through corrupted forest creatures to reach your opponent." that's basic story. I was scared when saw creeps that map have

For a final.

Rate.
- Total points 35 = 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Try harder 10/70 = 3
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Thank you for your review. Would you please tell me what I could improve to make gameplay better or at least provide reason for giving gameplay 15/40? I don't understand how your rating system works.

Level 8
Thank you for your review. Would you please tell me what I could improve to make gameplay better or at least provide reason for giving gameplay 15/40? I don't understand how your rating system works.
Well, you could make creeps harder at gold mines and structures of course they hit painfully ,but it's to easy to kill them. oh and that was a little mistake in writing ,but i will fix it.

Level 6
Hmm. The map looks cool, good atmosphere (in my opinion. I am not the best at judging terrain :p), but I feel that this post is lacking. I see that this is your first upload to the Hive (I just did mine the other day, cheers!). So maybe spicing up your description of the map could be helpful. Rufus directed me here.
Hopefully it helps a bit :)

Level 2
Thank you for your comments. I will make new version of this map and add new neutral camp near mines, change description and add more screenshots from game camera perspective and maybe something else if I get an idea. If you have anything other to say I will try to implement it or at least provide reason why I won't. I don't know much about melee maps either, even though I have played over 2-2.5k Wc3 maps(most of them were custom).

Level 8

Read This

This is a melee map 1vs1 as author wrote "During the Third war Legion invaded Felwood Forest causing corruption and destruction, fight your way through corrupted forest creatures to reach your opponent." that's basic story. I was scared when saw creeps that map have.

For a final.

Rate.
- Total points 40 = 7
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Try harder 10/70 = 3
This sucks 0/70 = 1

UPDATE to review.

As i see you made changes in map, well i have nothing say just new rate.

Rate.
- Total points 47 = 8
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Try harder 10/70 = 3
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Last edited:
Level 6
My turn to review it. Let me first say this: I am certainly not a melee map player (and I honestly am horrid at melee.)
Now, keeping that in mind:

I thought that the creeps on the map make it unique. The Fel Stalkers are definitely a pain with the mana drain. The creep camps guarding the gold mines feel much more like red camps than orange camps with the Doom Guard. I know this is not something you can change, just figured it was worth pointing out. One annoying thing that happened was an engagement in a rather slim area.
It should be noted that my opponent was a bot.
At the large white circle, I ran into the enemy. Our fight took place in this narrow space. Managing units to get into position was a pain and felt somewhat unnatural (Remember, I am not a natural melee player to begin with, so take this with a grain of salt.) It seemed that my ranged units wanted to move around on the line of the white arrows.
I think that this narrow engagement is unique, though not entirely good. I did however, like the idea that siege units have a nice use here, as they could stand in the red circle or back of the army and be effective in a fight (usually it seems that they get targeted down, as they should.)
example.png

Let me give a TL;DR version

PROS:
- Unique creeps
- Unique gameplay
- Balanced (symmetrical)

CONS:
- Some areas appear to be too narrow

NOTES:

- Creep camps are deceptively strong
- Doom Guard and Fel Stalkers are jackasses (but don't remove them :p)

4/5 :)

Level 2
Thank you for your review. I've made it like that on purpose because I wanted to encourage players to combine pathways and their army composition. This is also reason why area near tavern is the only part on higher. It was raised in order to create good spot for creating ambushes or to make false retreat. Also those pathways are looking like tunnel so that better players might used them to trap other players. During development I've had problem with too many narrow paths but it was fixed.
Creeps are annoying on purpose in order to make ganking other players more interesting. Imagine almost killing hard satyr camp then someone comes to gank and Satyr Hellcaller uses revive. I think that gives map more depth.

Also thank you Supernickman32 for map review update. I think that you should maybe value terrain more than 10 points maximum because it me took at least 7 hours to make it this way. There was almost no copy pasting at all every single treeline and rockformation are completely unique and finished from all sides.

Level 8
Thank you for your review. I've made it like that on purpose because I wanted to encourage players to combine pathways and their army composition. This is also reason why area near tavern is the only part on higher. It was raised in order to create good spot for creating ambushes or to make false retreat. Also those pathways are looking like tunnel so that better players might used them to trap other players. During development I've had problem with too many narrow paths but it was fixed.
Creeps are annoying on purpose in order to make ganking other players more interesting. Imagine almost killing hard satyr camp then someone comes to gank and Satyr Hellcaller uses revive. I think that gives map more depth.

Also thank you Supernickman32 for map review update. I think that you should maybe value terrain more than 10 points maximum because it me took at least 7 hours to make it this way. There was almost no copy pasting at all every single treeline and rockformation are completely unique and finished from all sides.

You gave me idea i will not add more value, but i will add bonus point with maximum value 11 so people could get more points for other aspects as atmosphere. So get a another update, but with use of bonus points

UPDATE to review.

As i see you made changes in map, well i have nothing say just new rate.

Rate.
- Total points 47 = 8
Awesome 70/70 = 10
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Try harder 10/70 = 3
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Rate.
- Bonus points 11 (for a hard work on terrain)
- Total points 58 = 9
Awesome 70/70 = 10 (with bonus points 81/81)
Not bad 40.9/70 = 8
Nicely 35/70 = 7
Try harder 10/70 = 3
This sucks 0/70 = 1

Last edited: