[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Maps

WoW RISK Cataclysm v1.11
Created by Clan BHoR & Priwin ; Uploaded by: risk_fan2
Information
Uploaded:20:55, 10th Nov 2007
Last Updated:06:06, 8th Dec 2011
Type:Strategy / Risk
Category:Medieval / Warcraft
Map Size:160x128
Playable Map Size:148x125
Suggested Players:2-12
Tileset:
Rating by users:4.30 (20 votes)
Hits:41121

(Hover and click)
Details
World of Warcraft RISK is a RISK styled map based off the features of World of Warcraft. Different games offer diverse experiences, but it all comes down to working on a system not dissimilar to that of the RISK board game. The main goal is to conquer the enemies bases with units trained by your own bases. Several bases form regions, that fully conquered give money and units.

This map has undergone many changes since 2010 and is still in development. The newest Version is now Cataclysm v1.1(download above).
New features include: Cataclysm terrain updates, 2 new races (worgen and twilight), hero balancing and some minor bug fixes.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
The map has now been taken over by Clan BHoR and Nickel510 in collaboration with Priwin. Please look for our up and comming version of WoW RISK Catacylsm and our updates to the current WoW Risk. For any WoW RISK fans please Check out CLAN BHOR on east realm (Azeroth).

The map was originally made by Meai and officially continued by Priwin and now Nickel510.
The terrain was taken with permission and edited from Azeroth Wars Legacy Reborn made by Avrion.
Special Thanks to Gex for GMSI.
This map is protected.
Moderator Comments (Useful)
16:03, 12 Sep, 2008
Rui:
Approved.

"WoW Risk" is a Warcraft III Risk map which bases itself on the Warcraft lore. It was originally created by Meai and is now being developed by Priwin.
You can see my review of good/bad points here.

This map is approved and works properly.

Download WoWRiskCataclysm1.12.w3x
(2.29 MB, 14409 Downloads)

Old 03-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Flexikana
User

Flexikana is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
WoW risk is great. the map is made really god - just like the real one. and the units is great for all the races. the alliance vs horde mode is really nice made.
Flexikana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User crazycoolcolin
Learning out Loud

crazycoolcolin has little to show at this moment (1)
the first thing i noticed is that the map looks nice and very detailed. Looks really fun ill try it out as soon as possible :D
crazycoolcolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Some guy
User

Some guy is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
The only problems with Alliance vs Horde are:
1. You need to have players who arnt noobs and quit when there lossing whitch destrorys the game.
2. hard to get a full house on battle net.
3. as with any map laggers

GREAT mode other then those things.
Whish I had 12 pcs all land lined!
Some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User son-dk
User

son-dk is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
hey m8 nice map. but making outland could be a cool feature. :)
son-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User kryptosuper
pInK pAnThEr

kryptosuper has little to show at this moment (1)
Azeroth and outland

It'd be good if u put both outland and azeroth, how to connect? go blasted lands dark portal like :D den portal = outland like a real WoW
kryptosuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User Far Aldazar Din
7-2 Red Devils

Far Aldazar Din has little to show at this moment (27)Far Aldazar Din has little to show at this moment (27)Far Aldazar Din has little to show at this moment (27)
Ooh. Looks interesting. I might get some friends to play.
Far Aldazar Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Moderator Statharas
Raaaiiishiiin!

Starcraft Moderator

Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)Statharas is a glorious beacon of light (422)
I Hate you.......
I had the same idea but i had to make my own models...so you passed me......at least
let me work with the models...
I've got many Importable....Troll Mage,Taurens,Orcs,Orcish Death Knight etc.
PM ME!
Statharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User maplover
User

maplover has little to show at this moment (7)
loL!!!!!!!!!!! this map looks somewhat like vice city map
it looks like u got the idea from there..anyways very nice
keep up the good work!!
maplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User Fratelli Guy
Chinese Models Rock

Fratelli Guy is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Looks really really good, all my maps stunk, trying to learn triggers...very hard stuff. I like your map, I like it alot! Nice job. The terrain is very large and fun.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User slavi621
Noobish programmer

slavi621 has little to show at this moment (2)
OMFG!!! This map is great! It's the best map I've ever seen! I've played World of Warcraft and in this map every detail is just like in the game! Congrats to all the people who made this map.
slavi621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User Rui
<3 VGsatomi's

Rui has a brilliant future (1368)Rui has a brilliant future (1368)Rui has a brilliant future (1368)
Former Staff Member: This user used to be on the Hive Workshop staff. 
Rui's Review
[+]Fun Factor/Gameplay: The map is entertaining: it contains the Warcraft feeling, after all. The gameplay is just like another risk, however.
The options to customize your gameplay were a good addition.
[+]Bugs: I found no bugs that could interfere with the gameplay, but I did not explore the map fully.
[+]Spelling & Grammar: I found no grammatical mistakes. I did not explore the map fully, as I said.
[+/-]Hive Workshop Requirements: The map contains a valid name, an author name, and is in it's right type. However, it has a wrong category, and the description if for a brief text regarding the map gameplay & information, not for changelogs.
[+/-]Terrain: A well made terrain... not made by you. This is clearly Avrion's work from Legacy Reborn.
[+/-]Originality: The map is original to a certain degree. As I stated earlier, it's the only (known) risk with Warcraft as a theme. What takes it down is the fact that it's just another risk: you train units, you go conquer territories, and you end up fighting the player that rules the other half of the map, or you get squeezed by a player with more territories (and thus more gold) than you.
[+/-]Balance: I cannot say the game is imbalanced: from what I saw the game was actually pretty decent, but I don't think I played a game with people who used their gold fully, so I can never be sure.
[-]Machine/Net-Friendly: Drawing aggro from Legacy Reborn has it's downsides: the game is laggy now. At least it was when I first played v2.81.
[-]Object Editor Work Quality: CP Troop production structures, and units. It's all a risk needs, not what an original risk needs.

My rating for this map is 3/5 (Useful).

~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

Last edited by Rui; 09-12-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User rober artua
Night Elves FTW !

rober artua has a spectacular aura about (137)rober artua has a spectacular aura about (137)rober artua has a spectacular aura about (137)rober artua has a spectacular aura about (137)
PayPal Donor: This user has donated at least $20 to The Hive. 
This map lags heavily sometimes .This is huuuge minus otherwise it is cool
Old 11-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User Teldrassil
User

Teldrassil has little to show at this moment (40)Teldrassil has little to show at this moment (40)Teldrassil has little to show at this moment (40)Teldrassil has little to show at this moment (40)Teldrassil has little to show at this moment (40)
Were you given the terrain from Azeroth Wars or did you just take and edit it?

I also notice it says that the map was originally made by Meai, did he give permission or did you edit it without permission?

I ask this because taking credit for another persons work is frowned upon, and if the map was open source when you edited it, the map you submit must also be open source.

and as far as reviewing goes, this is a well made Risk style game with some cool elements, good job. 4/5
Old 12-02-2008, 09:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User risk_fan2
User

risk_fan2 has little to show at this moment (18)risk_fan2 has little to show at this moment (18)
I have permissions from both Avrion and Meai, you may check it and ask them if you want to. And im sorry for the lag, i already tried everything to reduce it, but it seems the map is just too big... you better get a good comp if you wanna play the map. And Ive got two accounts on hive (risk_fan2 & Priwin), so im not faking.
risk_fan2 is offline   Reply With Quote