• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaria Panda Showdown!!! X2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Pandaren Panda Showdown X2

A simple hero arena with PANDAS!!!
YES PANDAS!!!
Choose from 3 different heros and rise to the top by using your abilities.
Includes brute panda, quick panda, and smart panda.
The panda which kills 25 pandas, wins the game.
A very spacious arena with a great shop.
You may also set a namespoof for yourself.
This version has some spell fixes and some terrain work.

If you have any problems with any part of the map, let me know.
[email protected]

Good Luck and Good Panda Hunting!!!
I mean it.

~~UPDATES~~
remade some triggers
added new text/chat system
added spellbook
new hangout area
some small tweeks

Keywords:
Dr_CoolHaus, Panda, Arena, Showdown.
Contents

Pandaria Panda Showdown!!! X2 (Map)

Reviews
19:20, 21st Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
The description isnt very describing...

I opened it in the editor and screamed at my computer screen because the terrain was not good at all. NEVER use blizzard cliffs.

The triggering was ok but just one problem...
  • tome
    • Events
      • Time - Every 45.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Tome of Power at (Random Point in PANDA ARENA <gen>)
It leaks every 45 seconds of gameplay!!! seriously use variables so you can remove the leaks with the custom script. Thats all i see wrong with the triggering, but dude. seriously fix that terrain. it burns my eyes

~Dentothor

It still leaks quite a bit.
  • hero title
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Brute at (Center of brute <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Smart at (Center of smart <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Quick at (Center of quick <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 15.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
That causes three leaks at the beginning of the map because you did not remove the regions (or used variables like i suggested)
  • heros
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 1 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: You will revive in ...
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in PANDA ARENA <gen>), Show revival graphics
Everytime the hero dies, LEAK as the same reason as above

And the terrain still doesn't look good. Really check how you trigger before posting it again and PLEASE fix the terrain!!

seriously look at some mapping tutorials and some memory leak tuts. then youll get the jyst of wat im sayin
~Dentothor

Last edited:
Level 3

well that was very random. That statement didnt help at all. +rep to those that helped. And by the way dont you take a joke? I will check out those things. Just not now. This map is too young to go advanced yet. Right now its just a simple panda versus panda thing. Just wait.

PANDA POWER!:mwahaha:

Level 3
well i tried to make the terrain good, but the raise/lower thing fucked up the terrain. How am i supposed to use hills to make platforms. you can easily walk over hills. I wanted simple platforms. Im not making mountians as some people say. Cliffs are like the only thing you can use to make good platforms with exits and entrances. Since im working on my rp map and my cinematics i wont be able to release x2 for some time.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey guys this is a great map to play, nice idea either

i'm telling the truth, really...

@@@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@ @@@ @@!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 6
@@@@@@@ @@@@@@ @@@@ @@@ @@!!!!

Hey you Pinoy Newbie, i cant call you nub because i think you're not a nub but just a newbie, Do you even read the rules???
1. Don't Spam/Non-English
2. Don't Blame/Attack from the Back using other words than english.

If not i'll still report you for your Bad Behavior... Your still a newbie and didn't prove anything, so dont judge other's work...
btw i'll translate what he said "Your Map looks like a Horse" and a pe*is sign...

I'm a Filipino, so i can understand what he said.... Pinoy is a short term for Filipino, so anybody who doesn't know.... now you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! What the hell? Swearing in fucking Phillo? kael46, you slackshit. This is a Warcraft 3 community therefore how about we stick to talking about Warcraft 3? Now, moving on, Dr Coolhaus, the map's gameplay is alright, however the terrain is not very adventurous. Add some more stuff to it, and maybe you could add more panda heroes, like a ranged panda or magic panda. Anyways, good job 3/5.

P.S. I'm probably gonna get reported for this...
kael46, let me say something we all understand; both your p*n*ses look like a horses v*g*n*.