• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Just because a thread isn't updated doesn't mean a project is dead. Until I see the words 'This project is dead' from Wolfe I will assume it is still being worked on at his own pace.

Level 9
Sorry man. I'm really not a type of waiting person. At least he could post some uptades. I thought this project is going to be inactive like The Oakwood Forest, or Darkwind. I'm truly sorry.

I'm sorry to say that the project IS in fact DEAD. Well, maybe, but chances are slim. I haven't worked on it a long time, it did really go well, it had few quests set up and it was going awesome. But what kept us down was the programming. We had an excellent programmer no doubt, but it was overwhelming work to do it alone. I wish we had at least released a beta for all the fans. I haven't heard from Wolfe or Tukki in a long time, so I'm going to announce it as the Lead terrainer of the project that Shadows of Everwood is officially dead until someone proves me wrong.

Level 14
Simply getting *more* coders isnt usually as helpful as one might think as programming in a team is hard enough if you sit at the same table. You can outsource stuff like object creation, balancing, creation of autonomous systems etc., but thats pretty much it. In the end each map needs to have one brain dedicated to scripting most parts of the map.

At that time everyone who we invited to code was too busy or just not willing to work enough. Tukki was the brain, we had a coder that was helping and it was great until he went because of reasons I forgot.

Anyway, It is a really big project to continue working on, a year of work would be probably needed. Mostly coding and someone who is good enough to continue Wolfes storyline writing.

Level 3
If the project is dead and its no big deal Maybe posting the Dropbox for it or something else of the like might be a good idea for people that may want to continue it but doesn't get scared the moment they see all the coding and mechanics such as the polethera of debuffs and unique playstyle per class :p

Level 16
Zinc is crap, but easy to learn if u know vJass.

I wouldn't quite say that. Well, at least not the first part - learning it is sure as hell easy, took me like a few hours to learn and get used to the new syntax and the features. But I wouldn't quite call it crap, it's actually faster to work with than it is with vJASS. I honestly don't see anything wrong in Zinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.