• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idealists Challenge #2 "Mythical Creatures"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Im just letting everyone that I didn't send PM's to know:

I'm not adding anymore WIP's. Send me your final versions only.
Its because I will lose my mind updating wip's when the end date is only 4 days away.
So I decided to not go mad

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hahahaha. Witty. :b

4 NEW FINISHED WORKS!!

And @GreeN!X why do you change your avatar so often?
Do you want to be like @Mythic here, going from donuts to captn jack sparrow in less than a day?
[/joke]

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You managed to break 4 rules in one post, congratulations xD

Speaking of rules, there is nothing that prevents someone from using a old entry that has been created before the deadline. This is a slight failure on our part. Most other contests do have the rule by default though.

rules said:
All entries must be posted on the pastebin. Participants who are done must post the link of their entry via PM to the HOST.

rules said:
Posting WIPs or spoilers of your work directly (or revealing other authors) before the public voting has finished is strictly prohibited. Posting one will cause you to be disqualified. If you want to post WIPs of your work for whatever reason, send a link of your pastebin entry to the host and will be posted it anonymously in the contest thread.

rules said:
All entries must obey the theme.

rules said:
All entries must have the following details....
This doesn't apply while it's a WIP, but your hero is finished since it was posted in another contest.

Five, if counting what Chaosy said about creating concepts before the start of the contest, and that the idea should be for the contest.

All entries must be posted on the pastebin. Participants who are done must post the link of their entry via PM to the HOST.
This doesn't happen anymore.

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Let's do some trivia (I'm bored)
1. Where was Idealist Challenge first held?
2. Who is the author of Mufasa, the Tiger God (The very very very first IC)
3. How many IC's were held (including the one from the group the Pinoy Resources Society)?

I don't know the answer on number 3.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

You managed to break 4 rules in one post, congratulations xD

Speaking of rules, there is nothing that prevents someone from using a old entry that has been created before the deadline. This is a slight failure on our part. Most other contests do have the rule by default though.

This doesn't apply while it's a WIP, but your hero is finished since it was posted in another contest.

Great job Mr. Policeman.
No seriously, well played.

I also agree on the rules. I think we missed a rule about "first you have to have a WIP in place before you can submit final work" otherwise people can just copy-paste heroes from anywhere and post them.

3 days left I guess.

EDIT:
That's why we should create a group discussing about some rule changes to the contest.

How about we just use The Hive Chat instead. Its much quicker than waiting for responds on a forum thread.
Also the chat is lonely. As much as I've seen, no one uses it.

What's the trigger for Dialog like TEoP: Sechiron Rises
P.S: I can't open any application of JNGP

1. Why here?
2. Dialog - Show
3. Why here?
4. What are you trying to do with JNGP?

Why you ask here?
You can create new thread?

Tell me if I'm wrong Fang ;)

Let's do some trivia (I'm bored)

DSC2nWI.png

1. Where was Idealist Challenge first held?
PRS.
2. Who is the author of Mufasa, the Tiger God (The very very very first IC)
Oh the white thing. I don't remember anything apart from it having 9999 damage.
3. How many IC's were held (including the one from the group the Pinoy Resources Society)?
7, including this one.

There was no 6. So it's 7, counting this current one. (5 + 2)
I think we missed a rule about "first you have to have a WIP in place before you can submit final work" otherwise people can just copy-paste heroes from anywhere and post them.
Do we now? :b

That would mean I should post my entry WIP here?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

There was no 6. So it's 7, counting this current one. (5 + 2)
Do we now? :b

That would mean I should post my entry WIP here?

What purpose would that serve?

Anyways

For those of you who noticed, I've put Templassassin's name in brackets with his hero idea. I just want to crush any unnecessary drama by saying that Templassassin submitted his final work that was 100% different from his original WIP and he didn't send any other WIP's nor contacted me about the changes to his hero idea.

So to be fair to the rest of you, I felt that the only fair thing to do was to take away his anonymity. I don't hold a grudge against nor do I want to punish. It was for more or less to prove to all of you that I didn't post a hero that someone copy-pasted in the last minute.

And last mention Wietlol I'm sorry that I had to reject your finished work but I felt that the deadline is very short and you haven't even sent a WIP. And since I said previous I won't be taking any other WIP's, I forgot to mention that I won't be taking new contestants just because of the whole "copy-paste" hero thing. I hope you understand

I feel that this should be a new rule for the next IC: Users should send atleast one WIP before submitting their final work and they cannot join 5-7 days before the contest deadline.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I feel that this should be a new rule for the next IC: Users should send atleast one WIP before submitting their final work and they cannot join 5-7 days before the contest deadline.
Yeah, seriously. For a Contest like this, where it's literally just 'make an idea' & 'write it down' (no coding, no object editing, no mapwork, no trigger-work, no modeling, no art in general, nothing but ideas & writing them down), I think a "pseudo-deadline" like that just kills things. Why even continue the Contest if that's the case?

Yeah, seriously. For a Contest like this, where it's literally just 'make an idea' & 'write it down' (no coding, no object editing, no mapwork, no trigger-work, no modeling, no art in general, nothing but ideas & writing them down), I think a "pseudo-deadline" like that just kills things. Why even continue the Contest if that's the case?
I agree mostly. There is art though, if you got bored of the anti-thematic BB code and want to lay out your entry.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I disagree. I suggest allow one day before joining, but show a WiP.
I also suggest the deadline be pushed by a day.

How do you mean allow one day before joining?

And why push the deadline? All of you had plenty of time to finish up.
Its not my fault or other contestants faults that you didn't finish on time.
And since there are final works uploaded, that doesn't mean there wasn't enough time but that those who didn't finish need better time management skills.

The contest isn't bad or too simple. Its simplicity and ease of mind that makes this contest fun and draws people in. However some people just don't want to organize their time and so they rush to join with incomplete WIP's or rushed final works and disregard the rules.

Well I rejected one entry and took one entry's anonymity because of rushed jobs. I feel that I upheld to the rules to some degree. But this contest lasted for a month and I can't just terminate it because someone tried to submit an idea in the last minute.

In GMT+7 it's over 12 hours from now. It does say 'until 15' in the first post.

Else, I'm doomed. ;_;

Basically you got until tomorrow. After that I will just add the judging scores and eventually inform @Fladdermasken to give out rep to the winners. Also since there is a poll, I will make another thread for that.

EDIT:

+1 Final Work

Status
Not open for further replies.