• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Idealists Challenge #2 "Mythical Creatures"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hi guys.

I do have this awesome idea that I came up with myself (I dont know if it already exists but in any case I havent seen that one yet)

However I don't have the skill nor time to make the models, icons and sounds for it.
Am I allowed to ask someone to help me do that?
Otherwise I will just use the regular WC3 models etc but that is very ugly for what I want.

And merry christmas to you too Sclammerz

Level 23
Hi guys.

I do have this awesome idea that I came up with myself (I dont know if it already exists but in any case I havent seen that one yet)

However I don't have the skill nor time to make the models, icons and sounds for it.
Am I allowed to ask someone to help me do that?
Otherwise I will just use the regular WC3 models etc but that is very ugly for what I want.

And merry christmas to you too Sclammerz

Well, as Mythic said you don't need to do any models or anything. All you need in this contest are IDEAS and BBcode knowledge. Send it to the host so that he can post it in the main thread, no modeling, texturing or anything just Ideas that's why it called Idealist challenge to challenge your ideas in making a hero and its skills. :) If you are still confused look at the posted entries at the thread. If you are still very confused contact the host or the other participants including me or judges. We will be glad to help you!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Nightmare tricked him. Joke. Well, I know it already though. Haha.

No I didn't, you did. :D

-.- i was a little bored so i made this... it looks realistic if you ask me

attachment.php

Ah I see...
This is a contest for BB-code experience ;)
Hmm in that case I will join.

Cool, we're glad to have you. Just to make sure you understand that no amount of bbcode or pretty ponies you put in your hero idea will save your score if your hero is broken in some balancing or mechanic way. So its not just about how pretty your UI looks, your hero has to fit in different points. Read the main thread's judging section

Either way yea, like everyone pointed out this is just an idea contest, no ingame map coding triggering required nor modelling or photoshop. I mean if you know photoshop you'll probably make a prettier template..

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 143

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Aww, so do you vote for abolishing anonymity?

Still trying to find out which is which? Only 20 days to go and you get to satisfy your curiosity.

Sclammerz: Tricked me on his post (he starts it)
~Nightmare: Tricked me via VM

Sclammerz lured you in a false sense of security and ~Nightmare baited you out. It was a well executed plan if I say so myself. Idk if they spontaneously did it or did they plan it, though somehow I don't see much logic in planning to trick someone... but to each their own. Maybe they get some sort of sick sadistic pleasure out of conning people

Level 10
no updates on the entries yet? I really hope it's only the christmas business... please do not get discouraged by those finished entries!

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

So you have a plan to trick me all along

No Fang, I seriously doubt they intended to trick you.

For the record, we did not teamed up, it's just happened along the road.

Or he would like to have the same fate as he did. XD

Do onto others what has been done onto you.

As for you Sclammerz... reveal yourself, DECEIVER!
p.s watch from 1:52

I think the description on the notices, is not matching to the contest's description.
"Ever fantasized about your dream hero, but lack the skill/time/resources to realize him/her? Join the Idealist Challenge #2!"

I noticed that too. It sounds like this contest is a joke.
Maybe it is, who knows.

lack the skill/...

Something tells me they consider this contest totally skill-less.

I am joining.

Great, send me your wip as you already know.

Level 7
What's your hero Dhika?
Tell me :)

[SIZE="+1"]NEVER
Bwahahahahah!!!
[/SIZE]
:mwahaha:

Alright, Don't let your Revenge controls you (only because you spoiled your hero) I'm sure you will know my hero some day :wink:
until Public Poll ends ;p Bwahahahahah!!!

Nah, I'm sure you guys can guess mine.
NOTE: You can guess someone's entry but Don't tell anybody!!

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

@sentrywiz mostly for people, I guess, is lack of interest to code 4 troublesome abilities for nothing at all when it's not a hero contest

I guess that's true.

Anyways, new participants and a new WIP added.

Let the drama for who it belongs to start :p

EDIT:

For those of you who would question the new WIP, I just want to let you know that dwarves are considered mythological creatures in german mythology
as Wikipedia says: "a dwarf is a being that dwells in mountains and in the earth, and is variously associated with wisdom, smithing, mining, and crafting."

Status
Not open for further replies.