• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, I worked alot on it and here it is^^ Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Dawn.JPG
    Dawn.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Dawn 2.JPG
    Dawn 2.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 184
Level 7
Aside from what was mentioned early. I really like the direction of this terrain. The silhouettes look pretty good, and I like the idea you had. Realistically speaking, though, I think with much walking, or original building, the cobble path on the hill would be a little bit flatter rather than going slanted along the hill. Try to also add a little more environmental doodads on the same hill in the second screen. Other than that, well done. ;)

Level 7
Thanks for the comments and criticism ;) I tried to improve the first screen a little bit by adding some more enviromental stuff, but I don't want to spend too much time on one terrain so this is the final screen:

Attachments

• Dawn 3.JPG
    Dawn 3.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 117
Level 7
But.. but.. terrainers must spend loads of time on their art.. :/

True, and I did spend alot of time on this, I just think it´s good enough now. Further improving it now would be tiresome and a little bit beyond my terraining skills i think. I already made some more terrains, and studdied other terrains around here, this is the first one that worked out really well and I´m happy with it just how it is now ;)

Level 34
Did Belgarath make a second account?

You should try and tone down the light, it's just too much.

Level 36
The waves are bad, you should probably remove them and use wave doodads a little more sparingly.

Also, that shallow pool could use some tiny rocks for pebbles and maybe some washed up driftwood, just to make it look cool.

I do however like the atmosphere. It's very "paradise"-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.