• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ZP: Chapter I: Shattered Halls

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A simple single player teaser of the first map for the anticipated alternative storyline campaign, the human 'Zeheroth' series. Featuring maps that include single player and single/multi player. Maps range from medium to hard to 'elite' (professional) difficulty (for certain maps only, normal difficulty versions are available). Single/multi player maps when played by a single player may rise sharply in difficulty but is still possible to claim victory. Fighting with and against intelligent AIs. Players must decide carefully who, how and when to attack, as some experience of Warcraft III is assumed.

Shattered Halls: This teaser contains a structure to the first map of the campaign. It's not a work-in-progress but we do keep reservations to update it soon lest it falls vastly below the expectations of fellow players, it should work like a small map and me and the dedicated testers would greatly appreciate any comments, suggestions or input into the 'style' of the map, the 'environment and details' of the map, the 'difficulty' of the enemy (especially the enemy heros) and the 'style' of the very little surprise at the near end concerning the skeletons once you defeat the Overseer hero. The map was created using the World Editor for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos so it should work on it and The Frozen Throne as well.

A 'test' walkthrough will be provided later for those unable to win (which is highly unlikely if you have enough experience at the game).

Those who make a great contribution will be noted in the credits page of any updated versions of this campaign map.

Dedicated Testers of 'Shattered Halls (Teaser)': OmegaPrime and Beatrix[TDOE]

Keywords:
campaign, single player, warcraft iii, uther, sir gregory edmunson, survival, map, single player map, zeheroth series, zeheroth, human, human campaign
Contents

ZP: Chapter I: Shattered Halls (Map)

Reviews
20:37, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Memory leaks are not removed: Leaks tutorial Also add a type. How about a preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...

M

20:37, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Memory leaks are not removed: Leaks tutorial

Also add a type.
How about a preview image:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Contact Me

Level 1
cool

FINALLY IT'S OUT! It's not the best map I've played but it has it's good qualities. Very beautiful environment, especially considering you only worked with the editor for the reign of chaos game! Obviously some time went into this. I spent most of my time holy lighting my 2 paladins during boss fights lol, and you don't disappoint on the prioritise your targets aspect of your maps.

The map could still use an ending cinematic and I thought the final boss could stand to be more powerful, also the skeleton surprise at the end was a good touch, but wasn't a serious enough threat, so maybe make them more powerful too?

Overall I think this map could use some touching up, but again, using a reign of chaos editor, producing this kind of map is a job well done.