• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Village Survival v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Sir_Zeliek Presents

Zombie Village Survival
Created by Sir_Zeliek

Map Info

The denizens of the Village have been living in peace for quite some time. Until one day, a mysterious curse has been spewed on the Villager's cemetery to bring the dead to life and mutate the buried corpses. Now, you and your fellow allies must work together to survive the Zombie rampage by finding a good spot to build walls, towers and hiring soldiers. Assemble your own base and put an end to the zombie apocalypse until the Army's chopper arrives to pick up you and your friends out of that forsaken village.

Features

• After 13 minutes of the game, the Army will arrive to assist you to wipe out the zombies. The Army is NOT meant to beat the game for you, they're just a small support.
  • Every Villager starts off with a pistol in their inventories. Don't underestimate the power of the pistol as it will come very handy at early game. Many new players tend to not use it at all and end up struggling to survive.
  • Soldiers and Sharpshooters have inventories. If you want to cure them from the virus, buy an anti-virus and have them use it. A Priest's heal will not cure the virus.
  • Every player starts off with 70 gold. To obtain more gold, you will have to build Small Banks which will grant you 3 gold for every 10 seconds.
  • A kicking system. Player Red can choose to kick anyone that's ruining the game for any possible reason by typing -kick (color name).
  • Ally-unally system. Players have the option of allying or unallying anyone they wish.
  • Voting system. Players have the opportunity to vote for a difficulty consisting of Easy, Normal or Hard. The most popular vote will set what the game's difficulty.
  • Villager that die are reborn as an Undead hero.

Some other stuff about map

The AI (Zombies) cannot become any smarter than what they already are. They usually tend to act clumsy when it gets to walking through narrow ramps or attacking buildings that are built on a higher level ground. I've tried improving them but it can't get better than what it already is.

Screenshots

406726_4542340269607_1702970722_n.jpg

423677_4542340629616_1352135952_n.jpg

541012_4542342149654_106686517_n.jpg

46452_4542341789645_1284455714_n.jpg

Image Description:
Assembling your base on Cemetery is not an ideal place to build your base.

734102_4542343749694_2060300641_n.jpg

376606_4542342389660_638011456_n.jpg

77065_4542340949624_1855041505_n.jpg

427686_4542341589640_487546210_n.jpg

Change Log

Added:
  • Zombie announcer: Every 30 seconds, players will be warned of how many Zombies are currently alive/list]

• Removed:
    • Reincarnation ability from Undead heroes
    • The Berserk ability from Undead heroes
    Fixed:
    • Fixed a trigger where players didn't receive the appropriate victory cinematic once entering the Cathedral
    Changed:
    • Improved the damage of all towers
    • Zombies now spawn less often
    • Decreased the handicap given by each mode
    • Villagers that die will now be reborn at the graveyard

• Added:
    • Machine Gun Towers
    • Mortar Teams
    • Rotten Zombie
    • Small Banks
    • Inventories to Soldiers and Sharpshooters
    • Gold coins
    • Destructible cages
    • New building spots
    • Ally/Unally system
    • Difficulty voting system
    • Gold generator system
    • Berserk ability to Undead hero
    • Customized loading screen picture
    • Customized mini-map picture
    Removed:
    • Player Red choosing game difficulty system
    • Generating gold every few seconds to players system
    • Defend ability from Soldiers
    Fixed:
    • Energy pistol to actually cause damage when cast
    • Anti-virus to remove virus when used
    • The amount of gold Rotten Zombies dropped
    • A narrow spot on the bottom-right of the map where players would choke the passage with a Bunker and bug the zombie's movement
    Changed:
    • Zombie 3 for Zombie Flesheater
    • Zombie 4 for Zombie Horror
    • Zombie 5 for Zombie Mutant
    • Ghoul-lord skin
    • Zombie flesheater skin
    • Zombie Horror skin
    • Zombie Mutant
    • Brood Mother skin
    • Butcher for Zombie Monstrosity
    • Dreadlord skin
    • Zombie 1 skin
    • Zombie 2 skin
    • Rotten Zombie skin
    • Zombie Monstrosity skin
    • Climber skin
    • Crawler skin
    • Footman skin
    • Builder skin
    • Barracks model
    • Cannon Tower model
    • Farm model
    • The distance traveled by Blink
    • Increased the damage of the Pistol from 50 to 80
    • Increased the amount of charges per Pistol from 10 to 20
    • Decreased the damage of the Shotgun from 375 to 200
    • Increased the amount of charges per Shotgun from 2 to 5
    • Increased Soldier health from 430 to 800
    • Increased Soldiers damage from 30 to 50
    • Increased Sharpshooter damage from 20 to 40
    • Increased Throw Molotov Cocktail damage from 100 to 700
    • Increased the speed of Sprint from 30% to 50%
    • Increased health and armor of Boxes, Barricades, Improved Barricades, Further improved Barricades and walls
    • Increased Health of towers from 200 to 400
    • Increased health of Barracks from 250 to 400
    • Increased Zombie 1 health from 230 to 270
    • Increased the amount of Zombies that spawn from regions from 1 to 3
    • Increase the damage of Energy towers from 1 to 11
    • Increased the damage of Brood Mother from 105 to 150
    • Increase the damage from Energy Pistol from 75 to 250
    • Increased the health of Armageddon Tanks from 1800 to 2000
    • Increased the health of Sharpshooters from 230 to 550
    • Increase the damage of Death Coil from 200/400/600 to 400/600/800
    • Increased the walks speed of Villagers slightly
    • Increased the health of villagers from 300 to 700
    • Decreased the health of Bunkers from 4000 to 1000 and decreased the armor from 10 to 3
    • Increased the damage of all towers by by 15
    • Increased the damage per second done by Virus from 2 to 10
    • Changed the weather from foggy dark to rainy at noon
    • Changed how often Zombies spawn
    • Changed the price upgrade of Box, Barricades, Improved Barricades, further improved Barricaded and walls from 1/1/5/5/10 to 1/5/6/7/10 gold
    • Changed the price of towers from 10 to 15 gold

• Credits

Special Thanks to:
    • AoA (Official creator)
    • Khaine2 (Previous versions)
    • Warhunter565 (Terrain)

Models:
    • HappyTauren (Demon Tower)
    • Mr.Bob (Temple)
    • Anarchianbedlam (Puma tank)
    • General_Frank (Armageddon Tank)
    • Kronous (M8 Tank)
    • Kofi_Banan (Bunker and Machine Gun Tower)
    • Draknyte1 (Village Fencelong)
    • PrinceOFFame (Molotov cocktail)
    • Red_XIII: (Farm)
    • skrab: (Barracks)
    • Funkid2 (Round Log Pile)
    Skins:
    • TheReaper (Ghoul-lord)
    • Just_Spectating (Rotten Zombie)
    • Kazzo (Mutant Zombie)
    • -Grendel (Brood Mother, Dreadlord, Zombie Horror and Climber/Crawler ghoul)
    • 67chrome (Mummy skin)
    • Mr.Goblin (Villager)
    • Red_XIII (Cannon Tower)
    • antihero (Footman)
    Icons:
    • Red_XIII (Demon Tower)
    • KelThuzad (Letter)
    Tutorials/Systems:
    • PureOwnage (Voting System)
    • defskull (Resource Generator System)
    • rulerofiron99 (Ally/Unally system)
    Loading Screen/Map Preview Image:
    • I created this myself.
    Other:
    • claptomanic (suggestions)
    • TwoVenomous (Suggestions)
    • ap0calypse (Suggestions)

Author's notes

I want to quickly state that I am NOT the creator of this map. The official creator of this map is: AoA. This map has been later obtained by Khaine2, which is the person that has been updating this map up until 2009. In 2009, Khaine2 stopped working on this map and has left the map intact up til now (2012) when I decided to keep improving and updating the map because I really enjoy this game and would like to see this game with new features. This map was UNPROTECTED which Khaine2 himself states in the description of his map version. I do look forward for suggestions on how to improve this game. Any type of feedback is accepted, positive or negatives ones.
    Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
    Find more here: Map Description - Templates

• Keywords:
    Zombie, Zombies, village, survival
Contents

Zombie Village Survival v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
10:26, 2nd Jan 2013 Orcnet: game play is too hard to tackle alone I was expecting when choosing easy mode I have the upper hand in gaining the map but it did not, the difficulty level of easy and medium is the same I suggest you decrease handicap for...

M

10:26, 2nd Jan 2013
Orcnet: game play is too hard to tackle alone I was expecting when choosing easy mode I have the upper hand in gaining the map but it did not, the difficulty level of easy and medium is the same I suggest you decrease handicap for easy and medium this way you don't need a full house just to win the game in medium mode. Zombies spawn too fast, so fast they start to lag and couldn't move a muscle and wreaks lag if this will be played online with a bad connection, how about slow down the spawning system like only spawn 10 zombies in-game and stop when there are already 30 zombies still alive like a loop of sort to prevent lag

you didn't explain much about the zombie features, so when I die I become a zombie, seems legit, but when I get killed by villagers I use the reincarnation ability to get alive again? so what if I died in the middle of a villager base? I get spawn-killed I suggest you remove the reincarnation ability since you can just make a revive system in the middle where all zombies spawn remove the reincarnation that way it can balance both teams to re-keep there tactics. Also the zombie hero I used has tons of abilities it doesn't fit the button tab anymore so it would be nice if you can remove that passive icon(Virus) to fit all 4 trainable abilities

my towers are weak even though I get the toll of limitation per tower if you do so, how come its base damage is so low? wouldn't it be better if it can stalemate the zombie's base damage? I want them to be improved for the next update

and finally some trigger errors, when I finish the game and reach the cathedral nothing happens please fix it, all in all the map just needs difficulty to be low-downed a bit more give high light to the villager's defense and the spawning system. Good luck

Level 30
game play is too hard to tackle alone I was expecting when choosing easy mode I have the upper hand in gaining the map but it did not, the difficulty level of easy and medium is the same I suggest you decrease handicap for easy and medium this way you don't need a full house just to win the game in medium mode. Zombies spawn too fast, so fast they start to lag and couldn't move a muscle and wreaks lag if this will be played online with a bad connection, how about slow down the spawning system like only spawn 10 zombies in-game and stop when there are already 30 zombies still alive like a loop of sort to prevent lag

you didn't explain much about the zombie features, so when I die I become a zombie, seems legit, but when I get killed by villagers I use the reincarnation ability to get alive again? so what if I died in the middle of a villager base? I get spawn-killed I suggest you remove the reincarnation ability since you can just make a revive system in the middle where all zombies spawn remove the reincarnation that way it can balance both teams to re-keep there tactics. Also the zombie hero I used has tons of abilities it doesn't fit the button tab anymore so it would be nice if you can remove that passive icon(Virus) to fit all 4 trainable abilities

my towers are weak even though I get the toll of limitation per tower if you do so, how come its base damage is so low? wouldn't it be better if it can stalemate the zombie's base damage? I want them to be improved for the next update

and finally some trigger errors, when I finish the game and reach the cathedral nothing happens please fix it, all in all the map just needs difficulty to be low-downed a bit more give high light to the villager's defense and the spawning system. Good luck

Level 5
game play is too hard to tackle alone I was expecting when choosing easy mode I have the upper hand in gaining the map but it did not, the difficulty level of easy and medium is the same I suggest you decrease handicap for easy and medium this way you don't need a full house just to win the game in medium mode. Zombies spawn too fast, so fast they start to lag and couldn't move a muscle and wreaks lag if this will be played online with a bad connection, how about slow down the spawning system like only spawn 10 zombies in-game and stop when there are already 30 zombies still alive like a loop of sort to prevent lag

Okay, will fix those. Thanks for the review, +rep :as:. And by the way, do you know how I can give a food limit to the zombie spawns? Sorry for question, I'm just new to triggers :vw_sad:

Level 5

Okay, I fixed everything you told me. :thumbs_up: