• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ziel, king of the half-golems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I would be eternally grateful if someone could create a model for me.... I have a picture of what I want him to look like right here:
baranger_shrike2006.jpg

The model will be used as a suggested hero for the DotA allstars maps. Hero type: tank, faction: sentinel

Thanks in advance for your help.

Also, it would be awesome with another model that looks like him but is smaller, unspiked and steel colored instead of black.

Last edited:
Level 2
thank you for your friendliness and helpfulness a lot redscores, you really made my day there...

I reckoned two things about this, first is that I thought this place would contain a lot of people who does the things here for the fun of it, essentially like me making and suggesting a hero for DotA... mostly for the fun of the creative process, for the sake of creating. That would be my main reason to pick up modeling some day too if I were to but anyway.

Second thing I figured is that I personally think the model could be cool, and possibly incorperated in other maps as well as time goes by... actually I'm having one in mind that might use him as is, but that lies a long time into the future, thus I didn't mention it.

Level 2
combat the wombat I am afraid we have run into a misunderstanding. I was not angry at modelers as a whole, nowhere near that. I was simply explaining why I posted something such as this... But thank you for explaining that part anway... I reckon I should go and flesh out the other map project to have a better chance of having him made then, right?

EDIT:
Redscores: you could perhaps have done it without using a term such as bullshit.... just suggesting anyway.

Level 10
Ok, making a hero liek that can take weeks and as its purely a *might* happen as an idea for Dota then its not a small investment to make on a half chance it'll ever be used. Wait till your other project is 80%+ done then bump this post and edit the first post to reflect the new project, add screenshots and maybe post a thread in the map developemnt section and hey presto some of us modellers might think its a good idea to make your model and that was a bitr harsh redsscores...

Level 2
FYI redscores, if you had told it like madcd instead, I'd have replied with real appreciation instead of sarcastic appreciation ;) Work on niceness man, it'll pay off, trust me.

I shall do that then madcd. As a matter of fact most of the fluff is done (story and that run), but the actual modelling is not.... and it may take some time... and a few more customs... but thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.