• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

www.wc3sear.ch isnt alone anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
What an incredibly well-structured, informative post, Acolyte! :wink:

Anyway, I really don't think there was a whole lot of need for another WoW site. There are already tons out there. I'm sure there won't be much competition with WoW's own knowledge base, but one can only hope. Looks like you've got a mess on your hands with some of the code and layout - I'd be happy to help you out with that if you need it, just drop me a line.

CTM

CTM

Level 2
Nice layout :)

When will everything be up? I want those damned wallpapers >.<

Level 22
Well, when WoW kicks off, no doubt that site will gain a lot more traffic and require much more attention, especially knowing that you are the head hancho over there. But when that happens, be sure to still stop by here once and a while and say ``hello`` from time to time and don`t become a stranger to your own wc3 site, k?
-VGsatomi

Level 6
Darky28 said:
I wont abadon one of my pages :)
wc3search is still my favourite page and i visit it every day a couple of times

WROOOOONG ANSWER!!! It is good that you won't abanadon this site but! YOU ARE VISITING IT EVERY DAY A COUPLE OF TIMES??... That means you doens't speand so much time on ROTD? Plz hurry and fix that Campaign! I waited from the first campaign till now! GOOD DAMMIT! :D

Level 3
Your page does not validate as xhtml 1.1 ;)

If you write in xhtml now, I would also output it as xhtml, not as html (of course only if the user agent supports xhtml), by doing this here:

Code:
//check if browser is able to parse xhtml
$xhtml = false;
$check_pattern = '|application/xhtml\+xml(?!\s*;\s*q=0)|';

if (($_SERVER['SERVER_PROTOCOL'] == 'HTTP/1.1') and isset($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT']) and preg_match($check_pattern, $_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT'])) {
	$xhtml = true;
}
//some older geckos display xhtml not correct, so give them text/html
if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) {
	if(preg_match('|rv\:0.9|', $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) {
    	$xhtml = false;
    }
}
$contenttype = $xhtml ? 'application/xhtml+xml' : 'text/html';

header('Content-Type: '.$contenttype.'; charset=utf-8');
header('Vary: Accept');

I hope I could help ;)

Level 2
taurenwarrior said:
Darky28 said:
lets celebrate the new sisterpage to wc3sear.ch called:
<u>World of Warcraft Knowledgebase</u>
you'll find the webpage under the new cool URL:
http://www.wowledgebase.com/

man, u didn't listen to the scores of valued members who consistently tried to persuade you to not do this instead you listened to the n00bs? *sigh*

You are trying to insult the people who supported this by calling them noobs? Look not of us who supported this website are noobs in Warcraft 3 or what ever your talking about

Level 17
actually i do not care if people have probs with nuubs or pros...

Both websites are designed for nuubs and pros alike.
They are websites from the community for the community.
Everyone has a right to start small... and Pros are always welcome to share their knowledge, which is always very appreciated by all the beginners.

It wont change a thing if i now maintain 1 or 2 websites... I always love my websites and care about them.
You should know that by now... or do you know any other fansite who listens to their audiance as much as we do here?
The Mods and Admins always try to improve stuff for you.. and listen to suggestions

Level 6
HardGamerDz said:
Darky28 said:
I wont abadon one of my pages :)
wc3search is still my favourite page and i visit it every day a couple of times

WROOOOONG ANSWER!!! It is good that you won't abanadon this site but! YOU ARE VISITING IT EVERY DAY A COUPLE OF TIMES??... That means you doens't speand so much time on ROTD? Plz hurry and fix that Campaign! I waited from the first campaign till now! GOOD DAMMIT! :D
:cry: I agree with HardGamerDz.
As someone else said in the first post about a WoW site, Darky27 would NEVER take time off of Wc3sear.ch to make another web site for WoW. I was hopping that you would notice that everyone that voted "no" on the first pole were everyone who had been around for a while, while everyone that was new like within when Darky28 came in said "YES YES YES!!!!!" I think you should rethink putting work in to that web page so you can get back to all of Darky27's old fans and be as good as he was. One thing is that Darky27 even took the time to make RotD, and that took a looooong time. some of us are still waiting for that patch you said you were gonna make.

-BloodElf53

Level 3
important

ok i found the best site for hints on wow
its http://mage.worldofwar.net/ it leads you direcktly to the mage section where you can get facts

It even has every spell in the game (including ones blizzard didnt show on there site) and what level you can learn them

I would say thats i good site for you to get facts on darky :idea: :!: :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.