• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW jump system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i just wanna ask if its possible to make a jump system like in warcraft for example:
pressing the spacebar activates a spell called jump that makes the unit..you know...jump! :grin: if there is such thing pls inform me and...
teach me! pls pls pls :grin:

shortcut:
can i assign the "spacebar" as a hotkey for a spell????? if so... tell me how :wink:

Reactions: ZIR
Level 8
There is a system, I don't know about the other question.

Though to be honest I only logged into and replied to this because I want to say how much I hate you, and people that think "WoW" created everything.

Jump was created WAY before WoW, say "Jump like in Half life?" please and thanks.

Level 4

Though to be honest I only logged into and replied to this because I want to say how much I hate you, and people that think "WoW" created everything.

Jump was created WAY before WoW, say "Jump like in Half life?" please and thanks.

Bit to much? Back to the topic, i remember some guy on THW who created a spell and trigger for a jumping system. I also remember playing a map with a shit jumping system. However, its been a while since i played the map so......ya :sad:

Level 3
Is this what you mean?

look, i know that not everyone plays DotA, but if you have a look at the character Priestess of the Moon, one of her skills "leaps" forwards, adding special buffs and allowing her to cross unpassable terrain (up/down cliffs, jumping over/on enemy units) I will be basing my help on that. if you only want the unit to jump straight up, then i cannot help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, you will want to make a trigger that moves the unit forwards, for example,
1. pause unit
2. move unit(instantly) a short distance every 0.03 seconds (that way it will look like the unit is moving) the way to do this would be to move to move unit in a diection = "unit facing angle" don't forget that string!
3. i don't know how to do the up/down effect, so i am totally guessing here - raise/lower unit height (thismay be in something like set custom value, or you may have to use JASS (I can't, so if you can, you're doing better than me!)

That's as much as i can give! hope it helps!

OH! and to assign spacebar? i'm not exactly sure, but if you go to abilities, and edit you're jump ability, you should see something like "hotkey" near the bottom (if the skill has more than one level, then it may be above Data, but i'm not sure)

Last edited:
Level 19
About the Space Bar being a Hotkey for a spell, it is indeed possible, I've seen a game called 'Bleach <Something>' which uses the Escape key as a hotkey. I think it requires a trigger that activates it Every Time the Space Bar is hit:)

Level 3
About the Space Bar being a Hotkey for a spell, it is indeed possible, I've seen a game called 'Bleach <Something>' which uses the Escape key as a hotkey. I think it requires a trigger that activates it Every Time the Space Bar is hit:)

Actually, the "ESC" key fires the event "PLAYER END CINEMATIC" or something.

There is no event that fires for the spacebar.

Level 19
But I've seen it before, in some game called 'Combat Zone' or something like that, the unit literally hops when you press the Space Bar.

Level 6
ok thnx btw

but if you guys discover how its done..ill be happy if you post some pictures of its triggers :D (hope its not jass or something [im weak at that >.<])

Level 6
ok thnx btw

but if you guys discover how its done..ill be happy if you post some pictures of its triggers :D (hope its not jass or something [im weak at that >.<])

Level 11
First of all, don't double post. Secondly, there are like a thousand jump systems in the spell section. Finally, I don't think that you can use Spacebar as a hotkey and even if you can, it's definitely not doable in GUI.

Level 18
what the hell did i double post o_O

He means post 2+ more times without someone else replying inbetween, what you did was triple post:

06-20-2010 10:47 PM
knight_godryu anyumore comments pls :D
06-17-2010 07:21 PM
knight_godryu ok thnx btw

06-17-2010 07:19 PM
knight_godryu ok thnx btw

See how no one posted inbetween you?

Level 6
oh that....actually THE THING IS>>>THIS WEBSITE SET SOMETHING LIKE KIND OF A MAINTENANCE WHEN I WAS SENDING IT THEN WHEN I REFRESHED....I CLICK THE SEND BUTTON AND TADDA! IT's F*CKING DOUBLED

Level 30
ok ok ........................please just BACK TO THE TOPIC!! how can i do it?? if ever you know please tell me >.<

I told you one way of finding your familiar jump system, because it is impossible to assign hot keys other than letters (Qwerty system) or the ESC button. Blizzard did that to prevent various problems that may occur during the other hot keys.

Level 10
Its possible to use something like POTM's leap in dota. But theres lots of jump systems out there. As for spacebar I know it is possible but it ain't easy.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...m-v1-2-a-132426/?prev=search=jump&d=list&r=20

HOWEVER.

it will only jump you UP!! You may need to hunt for something better that enables you to MOVE while airborne. If that is possible I don't really know, but it will require good jass knowledge.

Level 30
what about the symbols? cani use it? for example. < > ? /| " : { } , . / \ ; ' [ ] = + - _ can i use this? (stupid question actually xD)

You can't use them neither. As I said, it only allows the Qwerty system (letters).

you CAN use spacebar, the map called Combat Zone, has a jump when spacebar is pressed.

Well, it is impossible to assign a hotkey to space bar. Maybe (but maybe!) that creator imported a whole string array and system scrypt of warcraft, which is incredibly hard to modify if you don't know what are you doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.