• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worst Question Ever, "Hero Abilities" Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You know how when you go to learn a Hero Ability, it has the little menu, and when you read it, it says this:

Hero Abilities

Opens the Menu for blah blah blah...

I cant figure out how to change that... =\ this is the biggest epic fail ever lol

any help?

Level 2
I can only figure out how to edit the icon, which is pretty easily, in the editor go to:

Advanced->Game Interface->Icon - Command - New Skill

Editing the actual tooltip though(I believe is your main intention) I don't think you can. Perhaps it's possible to import a string, and give it a certain path to do so?

If it's a huge ordeal, use a hybrid spellbook code. Don't give the hero any hero abilities, just a unit ability that is a spellbook. This way the the "learn skill" icon doesn't show up.

The spells in the spellbook are just dummy abilities. When cast, it checks to see if the hero has a skillpoint to spend, subtracts it, and adds the ability to the hero. You could also track the level of ability the hero has, as to possibly modify the level of the ability also.

Level 4
Text - Tooltip - Learn <---- is for the name of the Spell
Text - Tooltip - Extended - learn <---- is for the description of the ability
Art - Icon - Research <----- for the icon of the learn spell

Text - tooltip - normal <---- for the name of the Spell when you have picked it up.
Text - tooltip - normal - extended <---- is for the description of hte ability you have picked.
Art - Icon - Normal <----- is for the icon when you have picked the spell.

Help 10.jpg
It's in this text file:View attachment CommandStrings.txt
Download it, edit the highlighted text in the pic, and import it into your map with the path Units\CommandStrings.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.