• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
BannerWorldofDarknessBlueFinished.png

Type of Map
This map is a builder map that will have a developed story.
Suggested Players Full house
Tileset Any
Map size 480x480
File Size Unknown
OrangeAngel Project Leader/Story Maker
CyberDuelX16 Triggerer
Boris Terrain Helper.
Aslit Unit/Character Creator.
Vunjo Terrainer/Triggerer

Story
Riots...
Deaths...
Crimes...
So many people... Lost forever...
Families killed...
We must Rise!
RISE AGAINST THE KING!
"Hoorah!" People Cheered
We must Destroy Him.
Murder him.
Make him pay for what he's done to our Families and Friends!
"Hoorah!" People Cheered
Everyone Gather. Grab your swords... Your shields. Defend whats left of your families!
Save Lives...
Destroy the Royal family.
REBEL!"
"Hoorah!" Everyone Cheered!
Then after...
Darkness came upon us.
The King struck back.
Horsemen yelling
"Long live King Zaxim!"
Screams cutting through the clash of swords...
Arrows flying...
Children crying as they see their mothers and fathers killed, and their homes destroyed...
A whole village burned to the ground...
No mercy shown...
Features Description
Darkness Every few seconds the lighting will change such a small amount it would be unnoticable until you say Wait wasnt it lighter before? This will be caused by of course an Eclipse
Blindness Its not exactly a feature but more of an evil buff, Certain creatures will have a chance to hit you a certain spot that will make your vision black, unable to see which will help the enemies (Causes a 90% miss)
Mercenaires Your Hero will be able to hire mercenaires varrying from regular Thugs to Corruped Generals or Master Assassins. (Corrupt will be explained later)
Currency There will be a custom Currency it will be shown by typing a certain command called -currency it will show your Qins (pronounced Kinz)which will be used to buy things you can also convert your currency to a higher level of "coin" if you get 200 Qins you can convert it to a Xisa (pronounced Zeesuh) and if you get 20 Xisa you can convert it to the highest level of coin called a Yapaz (pronounced as it sounds)
Corrupt Corrupt happens when you and your town turn against the king (Certain quest chain) Your civilians and mercinaries will be changed to a different tint and stronger in moral (explained after) Also certain mercenairies will not be available anymore and most towns will not accept you as a guest and shops will not sell to you (only works with the followers of the king)
Moral Moral effects you and your mercenaires' Damage and attack speed and also block percentage, a low moral will give the bandits and other players an edge against you. You dont want a low moral.
Invasion Every so often if your moral drops a certain amount an invasion will occur. The difficulty of the creeps will vary in your Army's size and the size of your empire.
Expansion Once your city becomes a certain size you may Expand your empire using certain willing civilians. Your City will have to be large because of the amount of work involved will making another city
Important BuildingsCertain Buildings will let you gain control of certain things within the enemies city such as a Capital Building will let you gain control of the civilians and city, (best thing to capture in a city) The Treasury Building will let you gain control of the cities money. So on and so forth.
heroesi.png

Currently no heroes

Currently Looking For:
Terrainer
Modeler
2d Artist
Beta Testers
Gui/Jasser
Idea Thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-256/world-darkness-179870/i...rkness-179758/

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I could always help with the triggering =) and, of course...Ideas (as you can see in your Idea thread)

Level 7
KK Thanks! So unless your already working on a System/Feature for the map can you try working on the Moral system first? I see it has a lot of discussion in the IDEA form and it looks great.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I need to know how YOU want it. There's like 100 different variations on the thread...

Level 7
0-10: Units have -25% attack speed/movement speed and attack damage
11-20: Units have -20% attack speed/movement speed and attack damage
21-30: " " -15% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage " " "
31-40: " " -10% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage" " "
41-45: " " -10% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage" " "
46-55: " " -- " " "
56-70: +10% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage
71-80: +15% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage
81-90: +20% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage
91-100: +25% attack speed/mpvement speed and attack damage
at 0-10 and 11-20 they start to Rebel like your idea.

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Ok, but i need to know what factors will effect them

Level 7
Any ideas on why no one but you is willing to help? think i should make a post about this in Map development thread and see if i can get more publicity?

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Well, main reason is you've got no screenshots and your rep is low. (I don't give a rat's *** about rep but most people somehow judge you by that T_T.) Try to get some attractive Sc's up. Should attract some more people!.
You're doing better then most.
My project (in sig) has 0 people offering OR following xD

Level 14
I need to know how YOU want it. There's like 100 different variations on the thread...

Not anymore... we simplified to 50 different variations for Orange to choose from.

I can brush up on your terrain once you're done putting everything where you want it (not do the whole map, I don't have that much time). If you want an idea of what I've done, look up any of my CastleBuilder Multirace maps on EpicWar. They include City, frozen, tropical, and desert landscapes.

//\\oo//\\

Level 3
I want to join your team as a beta tester.I look for bugs and all the other things
i can report if a unit is too strong or too weak.
I would be happy to join your team!:goblin_good_job:

Level 7
Triggerer is currently making my Moral System i believe. Im sending Vunjo the map so he can terrain and that leaves you to do the Units. If you want you can do custom attacks (spells right?) i cant trigger to save my life so.

Status
Not open for further replies.