• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Ext help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Solved World Editor Ext help

:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:
When i load my map, i get level info missing or invalid.

I want to know which file extension .w3a .w3b .w3c .w3d or wat

Which file extension contain level info?

:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:

Last edited:
Level 33
.w3m are melee maps where nothing is changed
.w3x are maps that has its triggers/objects changed

There is nothing wrong with this
Try open up a newly-fresh map (.w3m) and edit some fields in Object Editor and press CTRL + F9 for test map
Note that a message window will be prompted saying that
"This map is no longer a melee map because:"
It will state the reason and because of this, the file type is changed instantly from .w3m to .w3x because it's NOT anymore, a MELEE MAP

Level 37
There is nothing wrong with this
Try open up a newly-fresh map (.w3m) and edit some fields in Object Editor and press CTRL + F9 for test map
Note that a message window will be prompted saying that
"This map is no longer a melee map because:"
It will state the reason and because of this, the file type is changed instantly from .w3m to .w3x because it's NOT anymore, a MELEE MAP

It still saves as .w3m if there's no TFT stuff in the map, even though it states "This map is no longer a melee map because:".

I can edit unit stats all I want and it doesn't make the map .w3x as long as I don't touch TFT stuff, even if it's not a melee map anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.