• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World editor-custom model help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok, i got a couple of models and skins from a different map. I imported them into the world editor, i make a custom hero unit and switched the model file of that unit with the custom model. When i put the new unit on the map, it turns into a black and green checkered box and when i go in the map, it just shows a shadow where the unit/hero was placed. Why does it do this? Do i have to do something else to make it work?

Level 15
You may have to change the paths of the models and skins to the ones in the other map.

Basically open the other map up and take a look at the models and skins. If there's something different about the paths they use, copy them precisely to the ones in your map.

Also, you may be missing a model file. Check and make sure that you took ALL the files necessary from the other map.

Level 2
make sure to open and test that maps in Warcraft3 Model Viewer, it will indicate weather or not there is a missing file textures or models. And dont forget to save and restart the Editor! otherwise they will not load

Level 2
make sure to open and test that maps in Warcraft3 Model Viewer, it will indicate weather or not there is a missing file textures or models. And dont forget to save and restart the Editor! otherwise they will not load

Where can i get the model viewer, Also i was able to get the models to show up in the world editor, but they still show up as shadows during the game (these models are Naruto Models).

Level 2
ahhh this happens alot to me as well. something with path file im quessing. grab the Warcraft 3 Viewer here.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=62878

if you are able to open up the model through the directory form there with no problem then i ensure its not the path. make sure to check animatoins as well

ok, earlier i did get the right waarcraft viewer before you sent me this message. i used it, all the animations were fine, i was able to open and see the model perfectly fine but when i put it in, it turned out as a shadow. I still can figure out the reason why it does it. Here is the map that i'm getting the few from http://www.epicwar.com/maps/27821/ If you are able to figure it out, it would be a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.