• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World Cup!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
World Cup!! Italy vs. France for 1st

This is big for me, but I dont know about you. The World Cup of soccor has started.

Wins

Germany 4 - 2 Costa Rica (Munich)
Ecuador 2 - 0 Poland (Gelsenkirchen)
England 1 - 0 Paraguay (Frankfurt)
Trinidad & Tobago 0 - 0 Sweden (Dortmund)
Argentina 2 - 1 Ivory Coast (Hamburg)
Netherlands 1 - 0 Serbia & Montenegro (Leipzig)
Mexico 3 - 1 Iran (Nuremberg)
Portugal 1 - 0 Angola (Cologne)
Italy 2 - 0 Ghana (Hanover)
Czech Republic 3 - 0 United States (Gelsenkirchen)
Australia 3 - 1 Japan (Kaiserslautern)
France 0 - 0 Switzerland (Stuttgart)
South Korea 2 - 1 Togo (Frankfurt)
Brazil 1 - 0 Croatia (Berlin)
Spain 4 - 0 Ukraine (Leipzig)
Tunisia 2 - 2 Saudi Arabia (Munich)
Germany 1 - 0 Poland (Dortmund)
Ecuador 3 - 0 Costa Rica (Hamburg)
England 2 - 0 Trinidad and Tobago (Nuremberg
Sweden 1 - 0 Paraguay (Berlin)
Argentina 6 - 0 Serbia and Montenegro (Gelsenkirchen)
Netherlands 2 - 1 Ivory Coast (Stuttgart)
I Dont Know These Scores
Mexico vs. Angola (Hanover)
------------------------------------------
Portugal 2 - 0 Iran (Frankfurt)
Czech Republic 0 - 2 Ghana (Cologne)
Italy 1 - 1 United States (Kaiserslautern)
Japan 0 - 0 Croatia (Nuremberg)
France 1 - 1 South Korea (Leipzig)
Brazil 2 - 0 Australia (Munich)

Last edited:
Level 5
I saw a tv program yesterday, or mabe earlier, but ayway... It was about football and John Cleese was the host. He joked around about football between different reports etc. Heres a quote (roughly, as I remember it):
Football is the only logical thing to call it, and I can't see why the americans insist on calling it soccer. You have a ball, and it is to be played using your feet. So, logically, football! At least here in Europe. If you play football in the US, you don't really have a ball, that's the first thing. It's more of a conish... thing... Nevertheless, it can't be called a ball. And second, you aren't using your feet, unless occasionally, like once every game.
I don't know about that last thing, since I'm not very interested in sports, but I totally agree with him. You play around with a ball using you feet, hence football!

Level 21
well we invented the sport way before any of the other name stealers came along (it was back in the 1300's i think mabey before) so we get to name it. we named it football. it is football. argue as much as you like but just because a load of people call it something different doesnt mean there right it means there just being awkward.

Level 36
HEY. ALL OF YOU. LISTEN. I'M NOT FREAKIN' AMERICAN AND I CALL IT SOCCER. ALL OF FREAKIN' WESTERN CIVILIZATION DOES. We call it Soccer because we already have a sport called football. for the sake of every north american person here, call it soccer so nobody gets so bloody confused.

Level 21
brad.dude03 said:
ALL OF FREAKIN' WESTERN CIVILIZATION DOES.

acutally, its the minority of the west. more call it football that not. i wont say its a large majority but its a majority none the less.

anyways most of the people who call it soccer dont even watch it or understand it and probably have never played it.

angola 0 - portugal 1

mexico 3 - iran 1

Sserbia and montenegro 0 - holland 1

Level 5
But it is football, americans have it all wrong just like the war on irak.
Anyways, YAY 0-1 against those serbians, although we werent playing very good, luckily the serbians didnt either.
Today
Australia - Japan
Italia - Ghana
VS - Czech

Australia Japan will be the most exciting match today, Italy and Czech will win, at least that would be the most logical.

Level 36
ugh, you english people. HOW do you just ASSUME most of us call it football. Listen, north america xalls it SOCCER okay? forgive us for being so screwed up. christ just because I call the sport soccer, it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy or understand soccer! I've been playing the sport all of my life, and I could care less what its called. BTW, its called soccer because slughead americans came up with another sport and called it football, completely aware that the english had a completely different sport of the same name. stupid americans.

What time does Italy play? eastern time please lol. kthnxbye

Level 21
no its not the same, are you making a map? how would you like it if i took the name of that map and applied it to a map about somthing completely different with nothing to do with the title !!NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!! after yours was released. what if mine became more popular and everyone forgot the name of yours and called it something stupid which DOESNT MAKE SENSE!!!! would you feel robbed? thats how we feel.

Level 5
Anyways back ontopic about football.
australia - Japan 3-1
It was Hiddinks luck striking again having all three of the goals in the last 10 minutes. Japan played better only the australians didnt give up and won on those last few minutes.
Italy Ghana is at 21:00 GMT and VS Czech is at 18:00 GMT.
And iraq should be with a k nevertheless! Ok ill admit that was my wrong (grmbl something about making a joke and people hammering on a small typo).

Edit: USA - Czech 0-3 although the US did their best the couldnt win

Level 21
Brazil 1 - Croatia - 0

Croatia was unlucky not to get one goal, they had many shots on target but were unable to find the back of the net even when Dida was fumbling about like a noob. all the while Brazil were looking less and less confident of holding the game, having one or two shots on target the whole second half, but no real threat to Croatia with great saves from their keeper, especially the save on Rhonaldino's header half way through. i didnt see the first half because i was eating tai food but i saw the goal from Kaka and it was very good but it seems brazil can only put together long shot. perhaps we should all look to new favorite to win because if Brazil keep performing like they did today they will struggle in the later stages for sure.

France 0 - Switzerland 0

and i think it was

Korea 2 - Togo 1

btw fantastic goal by Togo, best of the competition so far, unlucky with the loss.

Level 6
I know im a little late but... WOOT Australia WON!!!

and the ref apoligized to Australia about the score. It should have been 3 - nil because of one of the japanese elbowed Mark shwarzer and thats the reason why japan shouldnt have scored.

But yes i believe Japan played a lot better than us in the first half and i also think they played great but were unlucky in the last 8 minutes. And i honestly have doubts about australia beating brazil, even though in the statistics we are better than brazil.

Level 5
They played pretty good, only their coach changed attackers for defenders, thats allways like giving up. The attack is allways the best defence. Hiddink knows such things.

Level 21
yes the polish played well, i thought they had a chance of scoring at a few times. overall the better team did win, it has to be said, but you cant take away the fact that poland put up a good fight. anyways england vs trinidad and tobago is starting the second half in about 5 mins, its 0-0 atm but we should be winning about 5-0 lol!

EDIT: it ended 2-0 with goalds from Peter "im a stupid noob" Crouch (who i dont like) and Steven Gerrad. was a good game and both teams played well but england did deserve to win. both teams had chances, with a disalowed goal from trinidad but that was their only real chance, while england had attack after attack but only managed 2. still was great to watch.

England - 2 Trinidad and Tobago - 0

next game today:

Sweden vs Paraguai.

Sweden and Paraguai both need to win this if they want to qaulify. if paraguai dont win the are out of the competition and if sweden dont win they will need to win their last game against england if they want to qualify. however at this stage only england are garantued qaulified, any other team can potentially still win.

Level 5
Sweden won with 1-0 from Paraguai, both played well but during the end of the second half it was Sweden who got the most chances and in the last 2 minutes they got one through the excellent defence of paraguai.
Current standings pool B:

1. England 2-6 (3-0)
2. Sweden 2-4 (1-0)
3. Trinidad and Tobago 2-1 (0-2)
4. Paraguay 2-0 (0-2)

England has placed themselfs. Sweden is currently second but if Trinidad wins from Paraguay and Sweden loses from England, then Trinidad still has a chance.

Level 5
Argentina - Serbia montenegro 6-0 damn argentina is good.
Netherlands - Ivory Coast 2-1 i was working during the match, pretty damn shit, but we had moved a radio to the place pretty exciting. Netherlands and Argentina go on to the next round, the next match between eachother will determine who will be first and who will be second.

Level 5
Ghana - Czech 2 - 0 really bad from Czech they have one of the best teams atm.
Italy - USA 1 - 1 Italy did what italians and french do, they underestimate the opponent, and that did cost them a victory here, the early red for italy only didnt result in a loss because USA did the same. Still stupid that 2nd red for USA the Italians shouldve grabbed the victory. Both played a stupid game, and it finished 1-1 because of both Italian goals.

Orc_Tamer

O

Orc_Tamer

Darkdraak said:
Ghana - Czech 2 - 0 really bad from Czech they have one of the best teams atm.
Italy - USA 1 - 1 Italy did what italians and french do, they underestimate the opponent, and that did cost them a victory here, the early red for italy only didnt result in a loss because USA did the same. Still stupid that 2nd red for USA the Italians shouldve grabbed the victory. Both played a stupid game, and it finished 1-1 because of both Italian goals.

It was wierd that they both had the same red cards.

It was also funny that Italy made a goal for USA :p

Level 21
Ghanas win was fantastic, one of the best games of the competition, so much fun to watch. Czech have a good side but no real attacking forces, they played poorly and didnt create much. Ghana were great, really entertaining and scored two brilliant goal. Gj Ghana!

BTW: the first post needs updating.

Level 21
Darkdraak said:
Rather shamefull that Australia lost from Brasil

shameful!??! no way, Brazil are the best team in the world they played very well and deserved to win. there was no shame in losing that match, there is no shame in losing any macth so long as you tried and Australia did.it would have been amazing to see Australia win, after all Brazil are the worlds best team and Australia are only 42nd.

Level 5
Errr did you see how awfull Brazil played? That isnt the Brazil it used to be half a year ago. At that time they wouldve beaten Australia a 10-0. They used to play superfast and good passes to eachother, last game they where just sloooow that isnt brazil play. Atm Brazil has the best players but they dont play together very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.