• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Workable wav editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there any particular go-to program that people use to create workable wav-files?

I've tried some free online pages, and diplomatically speaking, I get mixed results. I get wav-files that work some of the time, and other times they flat out don't. I have no explanation as to why the edited Sound X will play when I replace a sound in Sound Set Y with it, but will not play when I replace a sound in Sound Set Z with it. The sound file is LITERALLY the same, yet in one case it just refuses to play in-game, period.

I just need a suggestion for a program or a page, where that inconsistency is completely eradicated. I am quite frankly pulling my hair. I do not get why any given sound works when used in one Sound Set and not another. Right now it seems like rolling the dice and hope it works. And seethe with foam at the mouth, when it fails like 50% of the time.

What I have noticed, though, is that when I export already existing sounds, like CairneWhat1 (as an example), and replace another sound with it, it literally never happens. They work, full stop. I have yet to see one of the pre-installed wav-files fail to deliver when used as substitutes in new places. I just need a program that is capable of CONSISTENTLY saving edited wav-files as per the specs of the innate editor wav-files to the letter.

Is there any particular go-to program that people use to create workable wav-files?

I've tried some free online pages, and diplomatically speaking, I get mixed results. I get wav-files that work some of the time, and other times they flat out don't. I have no explanation as to why the edited Sound X will play when I replace a sound in Sound Set Y with it, but will not play when I replace a sound in Sound Set Z with it. The sound file is LITERALLY the same, yet in one case it just refuses to play in-game, period.

I just need a suggestion for a program or a page, where that inconsistency is completely eradicated. I am quite frankly pulling my hair. I do not get why any given sound works when used in one Sound Set and not another. Right now it seems like rolling the dice and hope it works. And seethe with foam at the mouth, when it fails like 50% of the time.

What I have noticed, though, is that when I export already existing sounds, like CairneWhat1 (as an example), and replace another sound with it, it literally never happens. They work, full stop. I have yet to see one of the pre-installed wav-files fail to deliver when used as substitutes in new places. I just need a program that is capable of CONSISTENTLY saving edited wav-files as per the specs of the innate editor wav-files to the letter.
Is this Reforged or Classic?

I use Audacity to edit wav files. Your issue might be that the files are stereo (2 tracks), rather than mono (1 track).

Level 6
Your issue might be that the files are stereo (2 tracks), rather than mono (1 track).
I'm still wondering why I could hear a sound quite clearly in-game, when it was inserted into one Sound Set, while the same sound wouldn't play inserted into another. It was the same sound.

Anyways, Audacity seems to have done it. I made a completely custom Sound Set and replaced every sound in one with imported sounds. All played on the same unit. Nothing was left out

Status
Not open for further replies.