• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worgen_druid

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Hello Everybody,

Newbie modeller here. This is my first model posted here, and my first model that is working as intended.

I wanted to create a worgen as I really like the race in WoW and their theme and the Gilenean culture.

This should be my base model for a worgen druid or for other worgen units. I haven't decided yet. If you use this model please give credits.

Please dont hold back your opinion, any suggestion is welcomed to improve. For creating the model I used Retera's model editor.
Previews
Contents

Worgen_druid (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
The model fails to meet the standard, as it has several issues like unused alternate frames, and is basically a simple geomerge. The model has potential, however, but the user has been AFK since 2021 so...
Level 18
Hello there :)

For some reason this model does not appear in the Reforged category (yet it seems to have the tag, but maybe not the right one?).

It's looking really impressive and a good start for a Worgen unit.

Though I have a few remarks:
- from afar, this guy still looks a lot like a druid of the claw (which both reduces the uniqueness of the model and makes it less usable as it would mislead players)
- for a worgen, he's still fully night elfish (but I'm not familiar enough with the worgen lore to know if this could be a thing)
- I'd remove most of the cloths and a great part of the hear fur as well, based on what I know from the worgen (still not a lot)
- on the other hand, maybe there's not enough fur on the rest of the body (or at specific location like the neck etc.), but it's hard to tell with all its clothes
- obviously the skin tint could be more worgen-like
- I don't think he really need his weapons
- the head looks a bit small maybe?

But simply having a functional worgen-like model to start from there is already a great, great step forward and I think it will inspire other modders.

The cherry on the cake would obviously be a fully functional "worgen / human" transformable unit, I guess many would just dream about it.

Level 7
I do approve with Goffterdom about most of what he said. The model is really great, but I don't think he needs all the stuff he has on himslef, or maybe just some light clothes.

Level 3
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I think too that it needs some changes in clothes.

Also trying to attach some gnoll hands and foot because they resemble the worgen more than the actual human/night elf hand and legs.

What do you guys think about attaching a staff to his hand or his back maybe?

Level 11
By Lore the Worgen originate from "Ralaar Fangfire" a Night Elf Leader of the Druid of the Pack, its fine if it wears that Night Elf Armor just less with the Bear fur.
But indeed, changing the arms and feet into Gnoll body parts is a good idea.
As for the Armor or Outfit, you can just make 3 variants of this mod. One wearing caveman clothes(wolf pelt), One in NE druid with a staff, and one in Human Armor for Gilneas(Hero glow).

Last edited:
Level 8
This worgen is similar to the early druids of the fang who won the war against the satyrs. This is a cool model. This is not a Gilnean worgen.