• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[WIP] Emergence Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
http://www.moddb.com/mods/emergence-day

FieldStatus
GDD||||||||||
Art||||||||||
Programming||||||||||
Audio||||||||||
Animation||||||||||

Release Date: TBA

Emergence Day is a Starcraft II map being developed by Varine, co-executive producer & lead programmer, Aeternal Designs, LLC.

ÆD

Emergence Day (E Day) is SCII mod under development by Æternal Designs (well, by me and I'm putting ÆD's name on it), set in Epic Games' Gears of War universe.

E Day is a cooperative horror-survival game, similar to maps such as NotD from Warcraft III. It is a third person shooter, and in the early stages of development.

As it stands, I'm not horribly familiar with the SCII mod kit having never used it before a couple days ago, so it will likely take another couple weeks before I get much done in the game itself. I'm imagining it's going to have limitations that I am not expecting or didn't think of so I am going to refrain from posting much on the gameplay mechanics until I have a firmer understanding of the extents I can take it. I am currently intending on releasing it as open source upon completion.

This is being done in my free time (I have other projects that take precedence) so it will likely be some time before it's completed. Mostly I'm just making a few little mods to promote AED, planning on making a template for an FPS as well as a few other things.

Please post any questions or comments.

http://img190.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=wretchq.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6

Here's the model of a drone I'm almost finished with. Only diffuse map is applied, as I'm not entirely sure what kind of virtual displacement I can use still.

Level 6
Thanks. I'm hoping to get it done by this summer, I don't think it'll really be too much work once I figure out how the editor works; I've got a break from school for a few days and I'm really bored with what I'm doing on the other game right now so I'm going to try and get the drone working ingame and design the city. I'll likely have to bring the polys done a lot more, gonna need to run some tests sometime to see what I can throw at it before it lags down. I'm hoping the 3D engine is significantly better than Warcraft, that was the biggest issue I had so I dropped most of my things, and now I'm going to port a few of them over to here and put AED all over it so that everyone knows who we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.