• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Winterspring Wars v3pre3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Requires 1.24d patch

Current version: v3pre4
Not quite your ordinary Aeon of Strife map, this features 3 teams of 3 players in a 3-way fight to win. Each team has creeps on their side to help take down the other teams. The map is fully playable with anywhere between 1 to 9 players, all the modes work (as far as I can tell) and most if not all the heroes are (close to) fully functional.

The three factions are Ice Guild, Frost Guild and Arctic Guild.

Select your game modes, select your hero and then fight to the death! Make items to improve your hero's potency and survivability. Use teamwork to take down the other 2 teams. But above all...have fun.

Game modes are:
-ap (All Pick): allows players to choose their own hero
-rh (Random Hero): allocates players a hero randomly
-rd (Reverse Draft): teams choose the heroes for their opponents. Team 1 picks for Team 2, who pick fro Team 3, who in turn pick for Team 1. This mode will only work with 9 players
-bm (Beginner Mode): players gain extra gold and gain extra experience from kills
-nm (Normal Mode): players gain regular gold and experience from kills
-np (No Player Creeps): prevents lane creeps from spawning
-hi (Hidden Items): allows players to find certain easter egg items hidden in the map

In-game commands that all players can use are:
-ms (Movespeed): allows players to check their hero's current movement speed
-di (Deny Information): shows a player how many creeps they have denied
-random: allows a player to be given a random hero when in All Pick mode
-moveitem x y: allows a player to move item that cannot be dropped to a different inventory slot
-dropitem x y (x = player, y = inventory slot): forces an allied player to drop an item of yours from their inventory

Extra commands can be accessed if -test is entered within the first 20 seconds of the game. These commands can alternatively be accessed later by entering -override test:
-gold XXXX
-movespeed XXX
-giveitem *item name* (only work with recipe items, not basic items)
-spawnright/bot/left
-level XX

Credits for this map go, but are not limited to, the following people:
* Ackunosh
* The Rageaholic
* The Unbeliever
* Shadowfred
* Tox1n
* The_Albino_Boar
* Level5Pidgey
* Shadow Fury
and many others whose models, icons and skins are used here, (some of whom I currently unable to trace), are listed in-game. If you find a resource of yours is used here and I haven't given you credit, please email me at [email protected] and I will add you name.

If you use any part of this map in something that you create please give credit where credit's due.

If you find a bug either post it's nature here or send me an email.

Changelog:
February 21st 2010:
Fixed major bug with Reverse Draft and All Pick modes
Added a Glyph of Fortification to each base
August 13th 2010:
Fixed many bugs in various places
Made some hero and item rebalances (too many to list here)
=========================================

Keywords:
Winterspring, Wars, Heart, Winter, AoS, Aeon, Strife, hero defence
Contents

Winterspring Wars v3pre3 (Map)

Reviews
15:11, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected