• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windows Live Messenger shutting down connection – is anyone else having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
When I log on my Windows Live Messenger, it shuts down my connection soon after. I mean, the modem seems to work normally (displays the lights), but I can't use the Internet browser. I am forced to unplug and replug my modem's cable for the Internet to work again.
Is anyone else having this problem and/or have any idea how to fix it? leet.firefox has told me he is having this problem too. Anyone else?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm using Windows XP.
I talked to a friend of mine who mentioned the router. Well, the fact is, I have actually bought a new modem two weeks ago. I tried setting up a static IP and shutting down the firewall, but the problem still occurs.

P.S. To clear up what I said, I am completely cut off from my Internet access, not just the browser.

Level 14
I wonder if I didn't have this problem a long long time ago. It does sound familier. You could try using another client like Digsby, aMSN, pidgin etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.