1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT

Submitted by JaysProjex
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
JaysProjex Presents

Wilderness Survival
Created by Jay

Contact Info

DISCORD

Map Info

Requires: Warcraft III The Frozen Throne or Reforged

This map originally started in 2005

Wilderness Survival features a 5 versus 5 player base cooperative PvP style game using your skills necessary to survive in this winter-like wilderness. The map also features items that can be gathered & crafted including hunting wild animals & taking down the opposing team before your time (days) run out. If your health drops to 0 you die. If your Heat drops to 0 then you'll start to freeze to death. Keeping your heat up is vital to so you'll need to stay warm. If you die it's not over, your team can still revive you so not all hope is lost.

Credits

Special Thanks:
  • Kuulgryphun3

Testers

• Hashblade
  • Thorhunter
  • Darkblade121
  • Keith22
  • Espatula
  • NeCrO_OwNeR
  • Putdeksel
  • Outlawz
  • Ilikepie
  • Jesse_James
  • DeadKeepIt
  • FML

Models

• Kitabake
  • Olofmoleman
  • Bisnar13
  • Fearstarter
  • DarkDeathKnight
  • Unclefester
  • Fingolfin
  • Sin'dorei300
  • Sunchips
  • HappyTauren
  • Hammerfist132
  • Ugougo
  • Sellenisko
  • Blood Raven
  • Chilla_Killa
  • WhiteDeath
  • Stonneash

Icons:

• Peekay
  • Kwah
  • Palaslayer
  • NFWar
  • Kimberley
  • Mr. Goblin
  • Lioness
  • OgeRfaces
  • The_Silent
  • L_Lawliet
  • Coinblin
  • D.ee
  • JollyD
  • Anachron

Map Thieves

Map Thieves

Note: These are players who ripped off my work & re-released un-official versions of this map which made them exploitable.
  • Jasmira
  • Dover19
  • Buggy
  • Darkblade (adds cheats)
  • Fantasyvn (adds cheats)
The map Wilderness Survival WSL is a complete rip-off of one of my previous projects known as Wilderness Survival 4.7e which was broken into. A clan called Wilderness Survival League (WSL) is a community who stole my project without permission, they're notorious for harassing & banning players.

Contents

Wilderness Survival 5.0 - PT (Map)

Reviews
19:30, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. rock

rock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh no no, i mean when i use save games and load my previous wilderness save, that's when it happens (also, pretty hard to play as solo, because there's no-one to revive you when you die :'/ )

2. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh... well... you didn't say that... You probably used up all of your saved games, 3 saves is the maximum limit (unless you kill bigfoot) defeating bigfoot in version (4.8) removes the limit so you can save as many times as you want.

You no longer need anyone to revive you in the latest map which is 4.8.R I no longer support any versions below this one sorry.

3. rock

rock

Resources:
    Resources:

Oh, thanks for clearification man, i was indeed playing the older version :vw_death:

Thanks agen and good luck with the map ^^

4. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    hello, buddy *highfive*
    Start thinking you've missed me.
    So, here I am. Thanks a lot for the map!

Peace.

5. Adventuring Ranger

Adventuring Ranger

Resources:
    Resources:
    one this is nice! but.....sure its lonely out there......can u make this map AI so those computer players can go to the wilderness and survive.....

6. sai05

sai05

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jay please make into dota 2 :)

7. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, Jay.
    Still remember those ice-cold days when i was playing it with my older brother.
    Thanks for this map, man!
    Everything's changed since then... not possible to do anything with it, you know.
    Now i'm studying at the university...

Good ol' days
    Thanks again and good luck!

8. macbookair256

macbookair256

Resources:
    Resources:
    make this game in dota 2 please!

9. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Currently I have no plans of moving over to Dota 2.

10. Seth

Seth

Resources:
    Resources:
    so umm.... since its the 28th page i guess killing mammoth for gear to kill the opposite team is a thing but... why is team 2's Mid-
    Signal Fire Location located on an unbuildable(orange rock terrain) spot, was it not yet fixed or I just have to build close to it at the nearest snow terrain?...

......am i the only one out there that plays without killing enemies?

unnotable exploits:

-by building these in order:
    Hunting stand, tent, Brewery ON THE SAME SPOT makes your enemy have a really hardcore time aiming the hunting stand when you're in it.

-certain warcraft 3 settings or some trigger causes smoke cloud effect to last permanently. Best, cloud fortress, ever.

-ANY, animals will attack building in progress, that is, if you're carrying a bundle of walls and build them around a raccoon thats chasing you, it will change its target priority to hit the building-in-progress until the wall breaks/finished building. Very abuseable on solo-ing mammoth without traps and kiting.

-since wall stake blocks vision, building them infront of your unit after shooting arrows makes the enemy stops charging their weapon at you (besides spear and guns since they're instant)

-Unlimited Tree Sap: Lumberjack kit with 1 log>carve log>chop carved log>combine wood BACK TO LOG>repeat.

-Dual dagger can be used to blink around mammoth isles/ or what some of you called "Lair/Caves", which gives that 1 player to hide somewhere(corners/edges near the rivers) totally undetectable for the whole 3 hours of the game.

-EXPLOSIVE CROSSBOW and DYNAMITE STICK, has been tested by some of my... rivals?... that they WOULD NOT HARM wall stakes when shot/thrown. (other explosive and buildings not tested)

*poofs* before the hype update.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  11. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alot of players prefer to play 4.7 to host the game just to "abuse" these types things.

It's been updated but nobody wants to update, after awhile I got tired & became less motivated because of how 4.7 was presented.
    It was a awful design, it was just a concept of on-going systems that I wanted to test giving players the opportunity to play on a public beta release.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide any more information to you about 4.7 because I no longer support this version.

12. Seth

Seth

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice update
    -tree sap is hardly an issue anymore
    -clicking any other units stops your survivor from doing anything (chopping trees/walking/etc.)
    -Barrel (Timber) will select any other unit with slot, making it unable to be purchased unless you manually [Select User] with the barrel back to your survivor.
    -not sure when, a few Structure Chopping Log and Tool Kit spawns at the middle of the map.
    -certain units might have bugged aggresiveness where it only stands still and not attack.
    -not sure about other, mace crafted initially would be set as Dual Weapon, Salvaging it would make it single-handed, or make a new one while holding it.
    -Firebrew can make charcoal,ashes and staff for free, can be packed and rebuild to restore health.
    -Hunting stand starts with 20 mp after loading survivor

So much unreleased contents... so much rework...

13. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    mah boi hello
    hope you're doing great
    thanks for the map (YES)

14. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is awesome ! I Hope the new version coming soon ! Also thank all the people who made the tutorials on youtube. Is it a good idea making a tutorials and put them to the description? I think people will see the cool stuffs they can do in this map and they will try it, and your map will become more populary !?

15. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wish it was better

TL:DR Version 3.0 was better

The current map (4.8) has too many little things that don't work, some of the icons don't do anything and most of it is confusing with the formatting of text is just poorly done. Some things even display "Message not found" error, makes it really annoying. And what is with the deers CONSTANTLY running away, can't even get close to them. In 3.0 the map had simple explanations in F9 screen, and was overall a lot more fun and simpler, this one has no explanation, the extra models are really unnecessary and just increase the map size. And after crafting armor (boots,gloves), there were nowhere to be found, i got +10 mana and no info that I did anything, with the materials gone.

I will be sticking to 3.0 Wilderness Survival, great map.

16. ExigoNrOnE

ExigoNrOnE

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi guys, i enjoyed the older versions of wilderness survival.. but 1 question, i downloaded this 4.8 and put it in my maps folder to play it with a friend. but it does not appear anywhere when i want to host it....

what to do there?

sorry for being noobish as ****

17. JaysProjex

JaysProjex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The map name is probably too long, just rename the map to something smaller and it should appear.

18. ShadowFiend

ShadowFiend

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jay, you still work on this map right ?,how long it gonna have new version of this map ?,i like to play it.

19. Survival co-op fan

Survival co-op fan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, author. You've probably forgotten me and my eternal gratitude. Nevertheless, I'd like to remind you that I'm still alive to some extent and so much thankful for your masterpiece that I used to play with my brothers. Those days were my favorite Q(^,^Q) Many thanks for giving me that opportunity to unite us during that dimly lighted time.
    Good luck!

20. AnonymousPro

AnonymousPro

Resources:
    Resources:
    I personally prefer 4.7, not due to bugs but because it is more recognizable to play with.
    ps: I just started really playing wilderness survival since yesterday, and it we have gone as far as getting into mammoth cave and get the moonlight sword. (version 4.7)

4.8 surely have too much of rework that it looks completely different from before.
    Too many new items came out, and players are stunned don't know what to collect to begin with.
    The icons were different as well so it's like starting over.
    It seems like there's a lot of unreleased content too, which makes the game possibly harder?
    I might try playing 4.8 and see if it is good to adapt.

Attached Files: