• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wikia Moderator/Admin Despotism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay, look. I'm not the only one who shares the pain of having his legitimate edits and questions removed by moderators on several Wikias because they were "not wanted". I'm posting this mostly to vent, but I also am curious as to whether or not any of you share my pain.

An example is that I recently put a question on a talk page on something for this one Wikia, and then an admin deletes my question with no explanation other than the word "Nonsense". I then criticized him for doing that, then he bans me until February for "Personal Attacks". I'm sure that such policies have meaning to them, but not when the admins are using that as a means to the end of excusing their tyrannical abuse of power towards other members. They often delete the proof, so they can lie and get away with it.

I've seen other people deal with this on other wikis. I think one of them was Dark Souls wikia, but I don't really remember. If I find it again, I'll bring it up.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It is simple: Power corrupts.

I never experienced high-quality wikia or community sites with no moderators you can have not a problem with, if you want to have some.
There is no way to avoid their judgement and punishment, you have to work and create after their expectations and opinions or you won't succed.

If they don't appreciate your work, then simply don't waste your time, there are many many sites where you can help.

Yeah, most people aren't cut out to be in a position of power, but they're the same ones that seek it. To feed their egos and make themselves feel powerful, they like to abuse their power against other people.

You'd think they'd strive to be an honest and proper person of authority so that they'd actually have something to be proud of, but apparently they're more proud of being children on a king's throne.

Do you see douche-bags in charge or so?

There's your answer.

Regarding the topic: Some sites mostly employ 'moderators/administrators' (I myself know of at least one that does so) straight out of the bag with no minor qualification/skills or anything beneficial that they could provide to the respective site.
Hence why some end up in high positions with minimal effort just by knowing someone or rather kissing assess just to satisfy their lust of being in charge basically.
It can happens pretty often I must say.

Those sites are not worth it suffice to say, don't waste time on them.

Roland

R

Roland

Some wikis are fucked up when kids are the one who's managing/moderating/Editing it. (Like regular show wiki & Inazuma Eleven Wiki)

Status
Not open for further replies.