• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is demon hunter healed by holy light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
No. Demon Hunters are not undead. Demons=/=undead and not all demon hunters are demon tainted or to such an extent to be called demons. Maybe, Holy Light should hurt demons too since they're unholy. But, that way, even a bandit might be unholy.

Acolytes became undead. Undead not only=risen dead. Arthas did not die in Northrend but simply lost humanity and became tainted by darkness which is opposed to the Warcraft II Death Knights which were not only risen dead but orc spirits within human bodies.
Some acolytes might not be undead yet but are on their way.

Besides, why are you debating gemaplay as if it's supposed to make sense with the story? You know, that a balanced game can't have that.
I mean, let's extrapolate. Why can't the Paladin heal himself? No, not because he is humble but because, that's right, gameplay reasons.

Level 9
Its generalization is mistaken many situations I think. Most games I think try to put their realities (stories, etc.) along with balance. Because if not, it's not fun. I think WoW to today uses metology. In WoW classic the skills, Paladin and Priest have an ability to disable Undeads. Warlock to disable Demon.

About the "Why can not the Paladin heal himself" is good argument. However in this situation, they opted for balance.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
If I remember correctly undead/necromancy is a arcane teaching.

Holy is not opposite to arcane so it should not even affect them.

Holy is opposite to void and shadow however.

Though this lore was created years after wc3 was made so it should not be expected to be accurate

Edit: necromancy is not arcane and is opposite to life/druidism

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Lel @ you guys discussing this. Things are seldom 100% consistent, especially in games. In any case, the Demon Hunter is a night elf. Not all of them went through the “demonification” process Illidan underwent.

You know what puzzles me more? That I can possess a hapless villager, send him to an enemy town, and the towers will attack him on sight. They somehow figure he went rogue because he had a change of clothing. My dilemma reaches its apex in the Silvermoon RoC mission, where High Elf authorities will be alerted to the huge undead invasion at their doors only because a villager walked into the city wearing purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.