1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Why Gaias page in Hosted Projects is empty?

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by ALEXz407, Jan 9, 2015.

1. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This page contains coolest projects on hiveworkshop (if I understand it correctly).

And the page dedicated to Gaias is blank! :(

Can we do something to make it best project page on hiveworkshop?

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Simple: because I never had the time to make something fancy there.

Feel free to make a cool design for me to submit. ;)

3. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    On that page, you can only use BB codes?

I sketched it in Gimp (in attachment)

And I can try to make this design with BB-codes, but with content generation could be problems.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  4. FunnyDog

FunnyDog

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  6. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should add some of the meta fan made videos too of boss fights and such *nudge nudge* (looks awesome)

7. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like the oh.my.god videos, i think about the foothills bosses and not S0ul's crummy videos

8. kevs926

kevs926

Resources:
    Resources:
    the creeps and quests are pretty unique. Should have a spot in features

9. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I need your help!

Need to do 21 screenshots with resolution 1280x960x32 and 35 gamma (bar right above left border of dropdowns) and highest video options. They must contain:
    - around 6 screenshots with nature/world/city/indoors showing awesome terrainer work.
    - around 5 screenshots with bossfights (d1, d2, d3, ogres, foothills).
    - around 10 screenshots with each advanced class and some fancy effects from skills (in different 25+ areas).

Also. I would be very grateful if someone with a good knowledge of English will correct errors in texts.

One youtube video will be enough. More videos will make page messy.
    It is better to make a new awesome video with all available features. You know, five years have passed since used video was made :).

Added, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  10. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Awesome work Alex! I'd love to use this on the project page.

The only issue I have is that maybe there should be more details about the story. But then again, there is not much one can write there without spoilering. Maybe some excerpts from the Lore thread? On the other hand, I like quick and short introductions, so why not?

Feel free to use some of the screenshots I posted as a preview from the upcoming winter terrain aswell.

11. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I made some 'generic' screenshots and will add them as placeholders.
    It would be much better to show more 'living' screenshots, but they must be made well (with resolution proportions 4:3 to prevent UI stretching).

Attached Files:

12. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Page is ready to deploy! Just open the archive, open txt file inside it, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V :)

When page will appear in "Hosted projects" I will replace my message above with link to project page, for SEO purposes.

P.S. Don't forget about short description in project list. I think "What are you going to do, when earth itself rises against mankind?" will look attractive, because neighboring project have way too much text here.

P.P.S. You can change screenshots to better manually later.

Attached Files:

13. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What about the trailer video... someone who maybe wants to create a vid that is more up to date?

14. doubtful

doubtful

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe wait for the next version with the new areas and then make a trailer ?:D

15. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Old trailer is good too. It shows dynamic gameplay and doesn't say about real numbers in old version (like 15 bosses, 8 spells, 3 dungeons, etc.), so it does not reduce game expectations.
    Also, there are cool video perspectives which are difficult to obtain in current version.

Maybe add some cinematic chat commands for video/screenshots making purposes in new version? Like:
    - turn on/off camera following for selected target
    - turn on/off auto rotating camera view to selected target view direction
    - setting camera angle
    - setting view distance
    - setting draw distance(if possible) and turning out fog(if possible)
    - smooth translations to inputed values from current (with optional interface hiding). like: -smooth 1,10,+360,+500,1 (begin smooth transition after 1 second for 10 seconds, during that 10 seconds interval: rotate camera 360 degrees clockwise and increase camera height by 500 units, and replace standart UI with cinematic)
    This commands can be limited to work only when you doesn't have any hero selected. To prevent camera abusing in normal play. So 5 players will play as they want, and player 6 will play as spectator/operator.

16. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Apparently I can no longer view the old trailer in my country o_O Oh America you silly

17. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I guess I could possibly add a command that turns on cinematic mode and then allows changing certain camera values via hotkeys.

18. ALEXz407

ALEXz407

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yay!

Gaias Retaliation ORPG frontpage now live!

Side effect, I'm a moderator now o_O.

Will be fine to start screenshot competition when this function appears.

19. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks for all the effort you have put into the design. I like it a lot.

I think the only thing missing is actually the banner. And yeah, the video. It's just not 2014 anymore with the extremely low resolution and all the outdated visuals and UI elements. ;)

If someone wants to do this, I'll provide you with a version that has the required commands. Or maybe I'll finally get over with it and finally make the intro cinematic I always wanted. If only I had the time for this. :(

20. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to point out a few spelling errors and weird wording, if you don't mind.

shouldn't this say "the Earth"? I mean, who cares about some dirt rising when compared to the Earth.

"village of Riversdale" would fit bet than "village Riversdale" imo.

"Interested?" would fit better imo, since you're basically asking the reader whether ot not he is interested.

"in the open world"? not sure here tbh.

"interiors", not "interriors". also, "you can enter many areas" without the "in".

"Fight with your friends in the arena[...]", since there is only one arena, I think. Is there more PvP planned in updates? I lost track to be honest.

"Hire a mercenary"

this is not necessarily true. But it would be "fills a unique role" or "has a unique role".

"At level 25 you can complete a class change quest", "greatly improved gameplay"

"placed in a comfortable spell book", "2 additional buttons"

"at a special NPC"

I'm strictly pointing this out to improve the page, not to mock you, keep that in mind (some people don't like being corrected and stuff). Also, I'm open for people correcting my corrections.