• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why does this Action Sometimes Not Run???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Sorry for posting so frequently but I'm having a lot of confusion about Triggers.

This one only seems to fire as intended only sometimes. I tried changing the Event from Unit Dies / Dying Unit to its current form: Becomes revivable / Revivable hero. It seems to still only work intermittently. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks for reading.

• Yellow Auto Rez
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Becomes revivable
    • Conditions
      • (Revivable Hero) Equal to Yellow_Hero
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Altar of Knights 0352 <gen> to Revive Hero Yellow_Hero

Level 18
It's a unit variable that's successfully referenced in other triggers so I'm sure it's valid.

1641829209550.png

• Yellow Hero Trained
    • Events
      • Unit - Altar of Knights 0352 <gen> Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Yellow_Hero = (Trained unit)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Level 12
I think it’s Not in the trigger i think you did this for all players and somewhere the yellow hero variable gets overwritten that means one of your other triggers are for example for orange hero you put in yellow hero that’s the only thing I can think about sorry for my double post :)
Check all other triggers one by one and read them carefully....

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
The action, I guess.
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Becomes revivable
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: A
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Altar of Kings 0001 <gen> to Revive Hero (Triggering unit)
The text is displayed, however if i permutate these actions, the reviving won't work.
I should have been more clear :D

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Yes, but I tested it futher and found out that it's specifically the revive order, not any other thing related to the altar having the hero that becomes revivable.
I added attack 1 to the altar and ordered it to attack some other unit nearby after the hero becoming revivable (after event firing).

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
Yes, but I think I explained it poorly.
My best guess as to why it didn't revive immediately is that: after the hero elevates, message and sound of fallen hero triggers, the hero is available for revive on altar, but with greyed icon (not revivable yet.
After a few seconds it resets the colouring and is now revivable, this is when the event triggers. Now what seems to be happening is that the event is triggered, actions are executed, yet the button to revive isn't ready yet.
Some weird order of operations? I don't know...Warcraft and its idiosyncrasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.