• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Whoot! My first icon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here's my first ever icon :grin: It's not a proper icon as such, it's like the armour and damage type icons but it's for cloth armour. I made it because I have re-jigged the armour and damage system in a map I am working on, and included cloth armour, but they don't got an icon for it at the minute, so I decided to make one. It's pretty basic because I'm not good enough to make anything complex yet, but please tell me what you think, and how I can improve my icon drawing skills :thumbs_up:

P.S. That's supposed to be a hood at the top :wink:

Cloth Armour.jpg

Level 5
Its pretty good, the cape is very nice and the way the cloth folds is good, but im not to sure about the blue around the edges i think it would look better if it were cutr down a bit or removed. The hood needs a little more defining in my opinion, as does the botom.
Overall pretty good for a first attempt.

Level 25
Like LordOgLog said, the blue borders around the cape and the cuts in the cape at the bottom don't look that great. But the folds are nice and for a first icon attempt, I give this a +rep since it's actually really not that bad. And doubtful that it is a CnP besides the button borders.
Good job on your first try ;)

Level 8
Hey thanks a lot dudes :thumbs_up: I did the blue glow around the edges to try and make it fit in with the existing armour icons (it isn't meant to be a trim on the cloth as I think you guys thought!). I know it doesn't look too good, but it seemed better than just plain black. Anyway I guess the main thing for me to work on is definition, I will certainly get practicing when I have free time! Thanks again for the helpful feedback :grin:

P.S. What does CnP mean? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.