• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who can help me fix some old war3 orpg maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Basically i want to know if anyone is willing to fix some old orpg maps for me, these maps aren't mine, i just want to be able to play them on the latest war3 patch on classic graphics, without having any problems, without any major glitches and desyncs.

For example, Abyss orpg is a great map, but when i tried to play it on the latest patch i noticed some broken things, for example:

• There is a desync issue with the map, after some time the map leaks i believe and causes massive fps drops and then it crashes the game for everyone.
  • Second problem would be that because the max gold cap has been raised, the gold-wood converter doesn't work anymore. (in the past it was 1 milion gold, and you were able to buy wood with 1 milion gold, but now is not possible).

I know i am asking for a lot here, for someone to work on an old map that doesn't even belong to them, but i just want to know if anyone with some overpowered world editor and triggers/coding skills can just take a look at the map and somehow fix it fast :gg: cuz i sure am not able to do that, my experience with triggers and coding is very limited.

I noticed that trying to fix problems on an old map is waaay harder than just trying to make a new map from scratch.

I can then test it myself and see if it still has the issues or not, so i can only do the testing, but i need someone else to do the fixing. :xxd:

Level 6
I had a look at the triggers, there is quite a lot. I found something that may help with the fps drop. I haven't played it, so I don't know the frequency at which the triggers are called, but there is this "Creep Respawn" stuff that does leak a point for every Neutral Hostile unit that dies in the map. There are a lot of other triggers, I haven't looked into them, a lot of those which I've looked at are properly clearing leaks. Some item drop triggers are using Random Point in Region as a parameter of a point variable. The variable itself is being properly cleared but this "Random Point in Region" is something I usually like to avoid because I strongly believe it leaks by itself. When I need a random point, I create a point variable to mark the center, then another point variable using 'Polar Offset' with a random range (0, n) as distance and random angle. In the end, I destroy'em both, nice and clean, leak-free. This is all I can think for now :D .

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If the map is not protected then of course it can be updated to run with the current version of Warcraft III. The issue always is finding someone willing to help with that as it almost certainly is non-trivial, especially if it involves desyncs which to this day seem to be random at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.