• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Where is 'Set Temp'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
THIS IS DRIVING MY CRAZY.

Where on earth in the 'actions' part of the trigger is the 'Set Temp'?!

Level 4
Thanks but i still cant find it.

I select 'set variable from the actions droplist, then i click on the red 'variable' to choose and there is no 'temp' anythings in there.

Level 4
Go into the trigger editor, press Ctrl+B (alternatively, press the X= icon near the top), create a variable called Temp of the right type, hit ok until you are back in the trigger editor, click New Action, choose Set Variable, select Temp, ???, profit.

Ah, i see... I have to create one.

Its a damn shame those spell tutorials dont mention that LITTLE thing. Alrighty no problem guys thanks for the replies, very helpful.

Im actually looking to make a Templocation? Temploc? I need it to track their location for the blink ability tutorial xD.

And after i overcome that little hurdle i have to figure out how to make an AI hero use my custom ability... SIGH SIGH SIGH so hard so hard :(.

Level 5
temp just means that it'll get removed afterwards, so in GUI it is like said above a point variable that you will use (set top something)
and afterwards you make
Actions - Custom Script: RemoveLocation(udg_VARIABLE_NAME)

then it would be called a temp variable because after it was used it will be destroyed and won't leak if you set it to null afterwards

greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.