• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] When walls get destroyed help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I made a walkable wall with invisible platforms and pathing blockers. When the wall gets destroyed, the invisible platforms and pathing blockers don't. I'm having a headache trying to find the right trigger for it. I can send a demo map if you need it, and all good answers will be rewarded with rep.

Attachments

• Wall Demo Map.w3x
    28.6 KB · Views: 33
Level 4
Unfortunatly, i believe the only way to fix that would be to create a trigger for each Platform and Pathing Blocker, that detroys them. Other than that... give the wall a pathing value and just use Invis Platforms?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Attach all destructables to the thing representing a wall segments life (this is best if you generate them via triggers as you then can attach them as they are made as apposed to preset).

On the representing widgets death, you then loop through all the destructables and then remove them (do not just kill them as destructables have a nasty habbit of never decaying so kill them and then a while later remove them).

You could alternitvly move a rect to the position of the dieing wall and enum through all the destructables and kill and remove all ones related to walls (must be done carfully so as not to damage parts of walls which are walkable.

Remember that doodads can not die as they are permant, you have to make sure all parts of the wall are destructables.

Status
Not open for further replies.