• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

When a unit casts a spell he does an animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Whenever my unit (a footman) casts a spell he just stands still ... I want to make it so that when he casts a spell (lets say stormbolt) he swings his sword.

Also i'd like to know how to make it when a unit evades an attack he does the defend special effect or whatever it is... also if you know how to get rid of the EVADE writing which comes up above the units head when it evades.

Thanks!

Those are actually very good questions.. The Game Interface buttons would be the most likely place for the Evade text thing. The evade animation, I think might be hard, but I am not a pro in the editor.

Look around at other spells like there is a option somewhere on the Stormbolt spell that should say something like "spell, slam".. This is simply a guess but replace that with Attack?

World Editor Help Zone may be a better spot for this thread. But it does related to animation roughly.

Level 3
:)

Thanks Hawking i got the thing where you cast a spell and you swing your sword right!
Cheers mate

Now hopefully someone can help me with the evasion thing

Status
Not open for further replies.