• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Fans of warcraft and world of warcraft will know that world of warcraft kind of screwed the lore for warcraft 3. There are plenty of threads going on about how World of warcraft's lore sucks and so on, but the problem seems to be mainly from wrath of the lich king, is it? I tried finding more about the lore for wrath of the lich king, but all useless results, and since I don't play world of warcraft, of course I won't know.

Thus could someone be so kind as to explain what's the problem with the lore of world of warcraft?

I tried to find out anything and something but to no avail, so thanks to those who tried to clear things up :)

Level 7
I'm pretty sure this should be moved to the Gamer's Hub-World of Warcraft Section.

Anyway, the things that pisses me off in WoW is as niika said earlier the fact that you get to kill known Warcraft 3 characters like Illidan, Kael'thas, you name it. I dearly hope that you wont be able to kill Arthas in WoW soon but I'm pretty sure that it will be possible in the upcoming patches =/.

Level 3
Well, looks like I posted it in the wrong section... but what difference does the deaths make? I suppose it's because it affects the storyline then? Thought maybe they died but the lore about them continues.... Lastly, exactly what happens to the lich king after Wrath of the Lich King?

Level 3
No wonder you guys are so pissed... , but one last question though, exactly how did he die? Heard that he was like kind of killed by some random guy

Level 6
Well, i forget who, but somebody did some serious damage to him, so now is health is like at 30%. Players are gonna kill him.

Level 6
Well, I hope him and Sylvannas are gonna have some big cutscene together, and sylvannas gets the last hit. That would be cool.

Level 25
The story / lore of Wc3:WoW will pretty much be the same as it was for the original World of Warcraft. No major characters of the WarCraft story will die - Illidan, Arthas, Kiljaden, etc. will not be killable nor will we allow you to even fight them.

The only part we'll modify the lore a bit is to squeeze in whatever custom content we decide to add, such as new instances for low level players and end-game. Don't worry, unlike Blizzard Entertainment, we won't sacrifice a good story for a couple boss-fights. :wink:

Level 3
Sorry Craka_J but in truth, this has nothing to do with WC3:WoW, I posted this thread on the wrong forum XD Sry, but just a thought, how's the project going? It's been quite some time since I heard from some update, though still impressive in its current state. Congrats to you guys, you will be including World of Warcraft: Catalysm I hope, be it the storyline, characters or anything, it would be great then...

Level 9
He's going to be murdered by some random players? That sucks....

Nah, they'll change the "official" lore and name a character like they did with the opening of AQ. I'm guessing they'll give the credit to Fordring

Level 17
It will be either Tirion Fordring, Sylvanas Windrunner or Jaina Proudmoore. Tirion and Sylvanas are out for revenge however Jaina might attempt to free his soul from the Lich King's grasp.

Level 13
I kinda heard it was going like.. You go with Sylvanas/Jaina inside the Halls of Reflection, and then he proves too strong and you'll have to flee. I dunno if it's true, but it sounds good.
That's only the 5-man instance. You still kill the Lich King in the 25-man instance, althought we don't know anything about the confrontation except that it's on the Frozen Throne.

Level 4
Look main character deaths shaped every good thing about wow, and even after they are dead lore lives on, and cmon its wow, they could throw in some twist were sylvanas preserves arthas's soul in some rock, god knows what! I mean we wouldn't have our frozen bastard arthas if he hadnt gone gordon freeman on uther who was the aweosmest of the paladins. im pure horde but he was my favorite (till arthas went badass). they have killed illidan, kil jaedan, deathwing twice! but they could shape new terrors because of their deaths. no one lives forever! like when you bury deathwing 6 ft under you they can say a new cult emerges to keep his idea of burning the world into ash. then you knwo what? they add 5 more lvls and and instance where you pillage some undead ignamancers (fire wizards in latin) and then some bad ass ressurected ragnaros along with a big ass fire-rock thinguma jig giant. im ranting only to make a point burned into yalls minds. in short blizzard is killing off characters but they will shape new horrors into the next genre of warcraft.... im finished... you can quote this with anger now.

Level 7
when main characters die in WoW its a travesty, when they die in WC3 (muradin) its OMGGUDLORE.

The deaths dont screw up the lore the resurrection of already dead characters do.

Level 14
WoW is not Warcraft lore.....well since Blizzard got to agree upon that xD
The story in WoW is made in a way to make a certain character the bad guy. I mean honestly, lets take Illidan for example. .. after he spent 10k years in darkness, he was abit crazy. . .and than after he lost to Arthas he went completly insane - like whats up with that ? So Illidan endured 10k years of imprisonment, boredom and no company!? and couldn't handle 1 defeat ? so he handled having the eye of sargeras destroyed in dalaran, but couldn't handle 1 swing of Arthas's sword.....yeah right.
At the end of TFT Illidan was more stable minded than he was at the beginning of RoC. WoW is just consuming Lore....they didn't create anything up untill now except an exceptional number of factions. All they do is kill lore and don't introduce new guys. I'd like to see a character introduced in expansion A and he gets to live till expansion B...and he is a bad guy ! and No stupid kael'thas-was-merely-a-set-back.

Level 11
Ok, Blizzard did something really good with this. We are attacking the citidel, but we aren't doing it all at once. We are SLOWLY creeping into it. We have to start by getting to the doors of the frozen throne, by killing the scourge lord. Then, we get into a warship and fight with the alliance. After this, we still need to beet down the next gate.

Blizz is making it feel like you are part of the assult. I, honestly, don't think that they screwed up the lore. I mean, I was sad when Kel'thuzad died, but it would be worse if they made up some random character for the last boss in Naxx.

Level 4
i agree with evilizard. as for edhul dur, yes illidan's personality did go trhough some drastic changes but every character in the game's lore has changed. Arthas went from a loyal paladin into a crazed dk. he became what he hated, and he was forever scarred by his choices. illidan had some more, dramatic events happening so he had his different emotions take him over at different times. therefore if he was imprisoned he would be pretty ticked off, being hunted and having the eye of sargeras destroyed, now hes fucking mad. but a defeat by a dk, its the last straw. this is what it all means to me at least

Status
Not open for further replies.