1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

whats MDL?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by darknes1124, Dec 25, 2010.

1. darknes1124

darknes1124

Resources:
    Resources:
    So i just did a recoloring of arthas yet if i import the 2 mdx files in game they wont show up. says something about cannot read mdl file. whats with that?
    :vw_wtf:

2. AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have you tried to save/close/open map?

3. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mdl is an alternative version of model files, which unlike mdx files can be opened in notepad. When the editor refers to mdl, it just refers to the model. Dosen't solve your problem though. Maybe the skin is not the right file type or somthing? :/ try to describe your error in further details ^^

4. darknes1124

darknes1124

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i exported arthas' skin .blp file, or mesh whatever its called lol. and edited it in photoshop elements. (just changed the color) but after i made a new arthas mdx file (including the portrait mdx) and imported the new bmp file (which worked in the War3editor) and saved with the new coloring on the 3d model. then imported both mdx files and tried to change the peasant file into the new model i imported, it states that War3 map editor cannot read the mdl file so it gives me a green checkered box.

5. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have to reconvert it to blp to use it as a skin, although the model editor can read bmp, the world editor can't ^^