• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's happened to Clan Gaia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Just wondering what's happened to Clan Gaia on US East. Either I've been kicked out or it's gone. If you could confirm what's up soul that would be great.

Also, are there any bots running gaias on battlenet anymore? I can't seem to find any.

Level 10
To relay what I said to wolfe who private messaged me the same question this is what I told him

"This is my most likely guess: In order for a clan to be 'active' it must have at least 10 active players who log on within a months period. Since our bot stopped hosting and since 1.2 is a long time away and no one plays Gaias really anymore my assumption is that we had less than 10 active members within the clan logging on thus resulting in the clan to disolve itself. When 1.2 comes back I shall try to reform the clan but from the sounds of progress we might have a few months to wait."

EDIT: I was just recently informed Battle.net disbanneded ALL clans last Thursday. This is the official reason Clan Gaia was removed. We can all angerly blame Blizzard.

As for a host bot as far as I knew Gaiashostbot still hosted but I didn't see it online when I just checked

Well ... I just want to say that 1.2 is not THAT far away. There is still a lot of work to do, but the progress on the mountain terrain is really moving forward.
It's just sad that I am - again - left alone on this project, as the first "comeback euphorism" of Shapy, Vito and Fellow has vanished. I haven't seen them doing anything during the last two weeks.
Looks like I am forced to do this on my own.

Level 10
That sucks that everyone is M.I.A. but I'm sure you will do an amazing job Zwiebel :] These new photos you have been releasing over the past few days look amazing. 1.2 will be amazing and I can't wait :]

Level 13
We're patient people Zwieb

Bugger to hear about the clans thing, oh well, start another up when you're ready soul.

Level 6
Clan Gaia died but dont worry wasnt about bcuz of inactive members it was battle.net thing they disbanded all clans on wc3 useast i think right now there are very few clans right now cause they remade em but there wasnt any clan in like a week ago.

As for the bot may need to reboot it since while the time useast was down while blizzard was disbanding all clans it wont reconnect alone u might need to reboot bot for it to connect to useast thats my guess.
If you wana play u can just go Uswest the bot is still alive there

Status
Not open for further replies.