• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WHAT THE...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok i tried to make my own skin of a peasant... but it simply sucks! When it was finish i had no team colours anymore and the hair was like a .... u know .... it isnt like hair anymore... and the ear is not just the ear its like a half-ear-half-black-plate.....

i made it with adobe photoshop image ready

i think i have to make parts of it transperent and stuff like this but i dunno how to do that... can some1 plZ help me out? :(

Level 1
If you want to achieve a very good skin then I am afraid it is alot of work. Tools when skining arnt as helpful than with doing icons but yes some tools are and with Adope Photoshop you have a brilliant choice of tools. If you want to be lazy there are also textures such as hair or taking real faces and printing them onto the skin. This was exactly what was done with the Kobold model with Sammy's face placed on it. But the problem that will appeare is that it is so easy to tell it is a printed on texture or face because warcraft skins and textures are slightly different. So the choices are either:

1. Practise with the tools and use them.
2. Use already made textures from the internet.
3. Both

Level 3
ok, but the only change i did 4 the 1st time was to change the eye colour... i didnt change ANYTHING anywhere else. but the teamcolour became black and the ear and the hair simply suck,

1090070270.jpg

Level 3
sry, but u didnt answer my question why the black field behind the ear isnt transperent any longer and why the teamcolour disappeared...

(i know this skin isnt worth to talk about it but i try to become a skinn0r, u know ^^ )

Status
Not open for further replies.