• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is the purpose of "Preset: No Unit"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
that doesn't make sense. No unit is just the NULL value of a "unit". It doesn't mean anything else but NOT a unit. NOT a unit doesn't have HP, it can't have buffs, it doesn't have an attack because it's NO unit...

It's like saying 'how does this "not an apple" taste like'? I can't tell cause there ain't no apple here to bite in.

Level 9
I had a problem with using the Event - Units comes within range of No Unit. Before i cam to use the Actions with Multiple Funtions for that, i was wondering what possibility i could use it for without having to select a unit.

Isn't it just the same as every 0.01 second of game time to use THAT Event and then make the unit do something? I mean, couldn't you use it as that function? If it's always in range of No Unit, then there must be a loophole there, no?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
No Unit doesn't exist, thus why the Unit comes within range of No Unit doesn't work.
If a Unit Variable is set to a Footman, for example, you can set the variable to No Unit, so the variable no longer refers to the Footman. As such, the variable refers to nothing, it's clear, free to use.
Since units are not exactly leaks, the No Unit has little utility other than quickly clearing a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.