• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

what is my throne missing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
im going to be using this for the intro of my up coming cinematic series "Cascade of the Throne". i feel its missing somthing but i cant work it out to what it is. any input?? (no im not talking about a roof im adding the roof after im done it gets in the way)

Attachments

• throne.png
    throne.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 226
Level 36
Well... I'd recommend a general better class of doodads altogether, though I guess that's not really the point here.
Now, for one, I'd have to agree about the wall behind the throne, it's absolutely horrible.
- Quickly now, before it get's melted into someone else's nightmares, change it for the same kind as the side-walls.

To add more fluency and life to this terrain, I'd suggest having windows and rays of sunlight coming through them,
as formerly mentioned a better carpet and more details to the otherwise COMPLETELY flat floor. Add some small edges
to the pathways, or if not, something else to balance the complete and utterly unnatural flatness of that floor.

3. The statues near the throne aren't that good, better use wc3's default or use some from UTM.

Those ARE from the UTM.
Though you're point doesn't not have merit, they do look horrible and should be changed for anything else.

Level 15
Well, looks pretty good, but:
1. I don't like the carpet thingie, better use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/carpet-02-a-104029/?prev=search=carpet&d=list&r=20
2. The wall behind the throne looks pretty awful.
3. The statues near the throne aren't that good, better use wc3's default or use some from UTM.

yer i know the wall at the back is bad ill have to change it
um the statues near the throne are from UTM

Well... I'd recommend a general better class of doodads altogether, though I guess that's not really the point here.
Now, for one, I'd have to agree about the wall behind the throne, it's absolutely horrible.
- Quickly now, before it get's melted into someone else's nightmares, change it for the same kind as the side-walls.

To add more fluency and life to this terrain, I'd suggest having windows and rays of sunlight coming through them,
as formerly mentioned a better carpet and more details to the otherwise COMPLETELY flat floor. Add some small edges
to the pathways, or if not, something else to balance the complete and utterly unnatural flatness of that floor.

Those ARE from the UTM.
Though you're point doesn't not have merit, they do look horrible and should be changed for anything else.

what u mean a better class of models all together???
so it will be batter to be just the same as the other walls?
why shouldent the floor be so flat?

Level 18
But, you already were, using a better class of doodads.

Nevertheless, I'll do that if that's what you want.

You could reshape the end of the room to be round and place a couple of windows there, perhaps three or some other similiar amount.

Instead of having the banners only at the end of the room, have them in the hallway to make it seem less empty, place your statues on platforms that are higher than the ground itself.

I won't mention changing the carpet and statues as that has been done countless of times already.

Also add columns, everything always needs colums, nor can there ever be enough columns. Columns are dynamite sexy!

Level 11
Great improvement from the first try ;D

Still deselect the objects next time and Add some more detail on the wall behind the throne. I would suggest some big Window's with light coming from the outside which makes room for some lightning work. All in all I like it, nice job ;)

Level 36
A semi-circle back-end of the room is a very good idea, I'd like a more half-hexagonal take though, but then that is pretty much rounded.

As previously suggested you've got to add windows, and here follows some links you might find helpful:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/window01-100586/?prev=search=window&d=list&r=20

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/window02-100582/?prev=search=window&d=list&r=20

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/rays-104705/?prev=search=window&d=list&r=20

In my humble opinion I'd suggest you use the "clear" windows in between the statues and go for the "frosted" or "artsy" ones behind the throne,
in a half-hexagonal fashion as previously mentioned, having one directly behind the throne and two at the sides, facing the throne in an inwards angle.

- A light-crown wouldn't be a bad move either, topped with some lanterns or torches where they'd fit.

My meaning of "better class of models" simply points to the low-quality of the current doodads, and I would suggest higher-resolution models,
such as can be found in the b2m pack over at wc3c.net or those doodads from Refuge in Ruin made by _oGre_
- It's looking way better, by the way.

Oh and I would make the pillars thinner, and have them closer to the stairs on the periphery of the center carpet walkway, you'd also want to
rearrange them if you're adding windows, you shouldn't have pillars right in front of them windows.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Can I have nice and crisp props to go with that? Maybe some glow spam and terrain fog thick as pea soup for wrappings? Mmmmmh. No sketchy statues or wall textures though, pretty please.

Oh and some green paste is seeping through the cracks between the bricks, just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.